Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Singel View Post
    Crazy shit, what an intense last few laps! I would've loved it if Hamilton lost again, but what can you do. There's rumours floating that Glock intentionally let off to let his GP2 buddy win it, but seeing as Trulli also had a 1:44 last lap Toyota probably just fucked up their fuel calculations.

Next year's gonna be good!
    I was so pissed when he passed Glock, I turned it off.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...Oiwqyn40P-fX3Q

Timo was using his hand brake

anyone else see the Legends race at Laguna Seca on saturday ?
    Last edited by willywhit; 11-03-2008 at 08:18 AM.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by Singel View Post
    Crazy shit, what an intense last few laps! I would've loved it if Hamilton lost again, but what can you do. There's rumours floating that Glock intentionally let off to let his GP2 buddy win it, but seeing as Trulli also had a 1:44 last lap Toyota probably just fucked up their fuel calculations.

Next year's gonna be good!
    I don't buy any of that shit about fuel or tires. Glock let Hamilton pass plain and simple. I wouldn't be suprised at all if that assbag Ron Dennis made some kind of deal with Toyota during the last few laps.

Fuck you Hamilton!!

He was on the wrong tyres plain and simple. He did a fucking 1.48 on the last lap. Hamilton deserved to win anyways, what with all the bullshit with the stewards this year. Otherwise this would have been over before they even came to Brazil. Oh well, it set up a thrilling finish.

Also, what the fuck was Kubica trying to do passing Hamilton/Vettel there? Where were the stewards on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Also, what the fuck was Kubica trying to do passing Hamilton/Vettel there? Where were the stewards on that one?
    I too was confused as hell at that move, especially since Hamilton and Kubica are supposed to be buddy-buddy.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I thought Glock gave him the position at first, but watched the end several times (DVR is great). Hamilton ran up his ass on every turn, but lost a little between turns, but that was on the drier part of the track. The last turn was wet as hell, and probably pretty greasy as well. Had Glock gone if for wets like everybody else he would have been behind Hamilton anyway. Hamilton just waited for the wettest turn and nailed it. Good driving, IMO.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

you can also see glock's car being awfully twitchy on the exit of the turn after hamilton passed him.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I thought Glock gave him the position at first, but watched the end several times (DVR is great). Hamilton ran up his ass on every turn, but lost a little between turns, but that was on the drier part of the track. The last turn was wet as hell, and probably pretty greasy as well. Had Glock gone if for wets like everybody else he would have been behind Hamilton anyway. Hamilton just waited for the wettest turn and nailed it. Good driving, IMO.
    Yep - Both Toyotas stayed on dry tires and had comparable lap times over the last two laps. It's a huge stretch that McClaren would have been able to beg a favor from probably the best funded team in the paddock and have them slow both drivers in what the 2.30 minutes that the situation unfolded?Don't the FIA/race stewards monitor the team's radio transmisions to enforce the team orders rule? An F1 car with dry tires on a track as wet as turn 10 and 11 is almost undriveable. Glock's to be congratulated for almost getting it home ahead of Vettel and Hamilton.

Really hope the hybrid rules don't fuck up things next year. See the potential for someone to build a just unbeatable car - remember the active Williams?

Barrichello must be just devasted that he's having to compete with Piquet for a Honda drive. Senna Jr. I can see the huge commercial benefits of having on the team but Piquet? Really? Be sad to see Ruben's career just peeter out, really nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

i watched bruno senna do a porsche test for 5th Gear in this last season that just ended. immediately likeable guy, he was so excited just to be able to drive a fun car that he was all lit up. i hope to see much more of him.

i don't think barichello's career can "peeter out". after all he's now the driver with the most starts in F1 ever. there isn't much more time for him to go on and start a new one, and there's plenty of talent waiting to fill his shoes.

edit for video:

Last edited by f2f; 11-03-2008 at 08:15 PM.

I saw that 5th gear.

Met Ayrton a couple of times and was a huge fan. It sends shivers down my spine how much alike they are.

Rubens is still worthy of a drive while others less deserving seem unfairly secure. Silverstone this year?

i was thinking last night: can you imagine if Jim Clark had a cousin that looked just like him and drove that sublime? if Bruno Senna has only half the talent his uncle did we'll make him a legend. we can just gobble that "made for tv" storyline up like there's no tomorrow because, so far, the "sons of former F1 champions" (the other made for tv storyline) has been a disappointment.

back to Rubens, having the right tires at the right time can do wonders, like it did at silverstone, but on the other hand it can make your life miserable, like it did at interlagos, where putting full wets meant that barichello arrived 15th: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71959

not taking anything away from him. he's a good driver, just, IMHO, he's a bit old.

Dear god, has anyone seen pics of the 2009 interm cars? BMW and Williams have been running around Barcelona with them. The front wing reminds me of the BMW/Williams walrus front circa 2004.

tonka toys. especially the puny rear wing

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Dear god, has anyone seen pics of the 2009 interm cars? BMW and Williams have been running around Barcelona with them. The front wing reminds me of the BMW/Williams walrus front circa 2004.

http://www.itv-f1.com/photo.aspx?IM_ID=51337&PG_ID=22

WTF???

Honestly? I've loved F1 for more years than I can count, but this is ridiculous. That has to be the ugliest thing I've even seen on wheels.

Max - please go get another reaming from a strap-on wearing hooker dressed as a nazi and leave the car design to the adults.

Thank you.

honda gone, eh? wonder how long it will take for toyota to pull the plug: they don't need advertisement in the middle east.

stupid ecclestone. he chased away those who cared about the sport and surrounded himself with corporations who come and go as they please.

bernie and max reap what they sow. more people should bail out of F1. Let's get this manufacturer series going, I don't want to see ugly cars, single engines, and fucking medals being awarded instead of points.

Damn.....

The FIA reacts

The FIA has reacted to the news of Honda's withdrawal with a letter to the teams saying that its tender processes are now complete and that Cosworth, together with Xtrac and Ricardo Transmissions will supply a complete Formula 1 power train beginning in 2010.

The cost of these deals will be a $2.4m downpayment plus $8m a year for the 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons. These prices are based on four teams signing up for the engines and include 30,000 km of testing. The annual cost will reduce if more teams take up the option. Neither the engines nor the transmissions will be badged. This gives teams the option of using the standard engines, building an identical engines themselves, having been supplied with the technical specifications or they can continue with their own engines but with agreement to accept parity with the standard engines. Teams will still have to use the standard transmissions.

The FIA says that this will enable the independent teams to survive and help teams if they need to replace departing manufacturers. There will then be a new state-of-the-art high tech engine, which could be in Formula 1 as early as 2013 if the car industry has sufficiently recovered by that point. Teams have until December 11 to decide what to do but the FIA says that if fewer than four teams go for standard engines the price will go up but will still be available.

This sounds like a sensible compromise for all concerned.

A Cosworth DFV for the 21st century might be the only way F1 can carry on?

Button goes to which team? He'll be cheap or even free and has a perceived value as driver beyond his achievements. Bet there are some drivers checking the small print of their contracts. Torro Rosso has a seat open. Wonder if Williams would have him back after the back and forth they had with him? Mclaren ditch Kovi? Renault drop Nelson? Webber's leg is bust that might give Red Bull an out on him? BMW might be worried they can keep Kubica long term and Heidfeld is not going to be a team leader. Obviously Force India would take him. Maybe even Toyota? If they're still even there?

Puts Senna Jr back on the market and Reubens is gone.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 12-05-2008 at 10:30 AM.

fuck me. i'd rather watch nascar than that shit.

ferrari & mclaren should start their own series. fuck the other manufacturers. they're just gonna be dead weight anyways.

...bump for 2009 season. The Australian opener was, um, interesting. Team Brawn (honda) and Button are kicking ass. Button scores another pole for tomorrow's race in Malaysia. McLaren and Hamilton...wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by ass-to-mouth View Post
    ferrari & mclaren should start their own series. fuck the other manufacturers. they're just gonna be dead weight anyways.
    Still maintaining the 100% record in getting it wrong...
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    ... McLaren and Hamilton...wtf?
    I reckon 'they - and I can't qualify who 'they' are - simply don't like Hamilton. All would have been rosy in the world of F1 if Hamilton hadn't secured the title in the last race.
    Not around much these days.

Down with FIA

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option...104&Itemid=219

Former Canadian Grand Prix promoter Normand Legault believes Formula One teams should abandon the FIA and Bernie Ecclestone.

The 53-year-old told the French language La Presse newspaper that FOTA, the teams' new unified alliance, is their ticket to shedding the sport's current outdated structure.

Legault revealed that, shortly before the Formula One Teams Association was enacted, he made a presentation to the teams in Montreal.

"I said to them 'why don't you reorganise yourselves like a North American sports league? When the (Montreal) Canadiens play the Boston Bruins, they don't ask the International Hockey Federation to referee the match.

"In the world of North American pro sports, each league has a board of governors, a commissioner and vice presidents who manage the business. The owners of the sport manage themselves.

"The National Hockey League doesn't have to ask anyone if it wants to increase the size of the net by six inches!" he exclaimed.

Legault said the winds of change are already blowing, and a recent example of this is the recent flexing of muscles between the teams, the FIA and commercial rights holder Ecclestone over the scoring system.

He also says Formula 1 could live without Ecclestone, and the time is ripe for this to happen, given the absence of a Concorde agreement.

"The teams could leave tomorrow morning. They could call it the Grand Prix World Championship. If you have Ferrari, BMW, Williams, if you have Lewis Hamilton, that seems pretty much like the real thing."

Legault said the problem with Ecclestone and FOM is the 50-50 revenue split.

"To go back to the model of the NHL, if the league administrative costs are $50 million, and overall revenues are $1.8 billion, then that amounts to 3 percent.

"In Formula 1, the guy who manages the business costs you 50 percent of your revenues," said Legault.

now after a race, i always give the FIA a few days to fuck with the results before i get too excited about who finished where.

I love seeing the starting grid and the results page all topsy turvy compared to what we've become accustomed to for the last umpteen years. Maybe Mr. Legault has the right idea, I'd love to see Bernie get kicked to the curb.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein