Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool alyeska control work video

sometimes aimlessly searching youtube does get good results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-bHK...eature=related

I want that job.

the ultimate skier/pyro job

That was by FAR the best avi video I've ever seen, holy shit, Iggy and avis, SEARCH AND DESTROY, what the fuck, that was amazing.

WTF! That first release was HUGE....

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Ditto. Nuff.

That was a SWEET vid. Why aren't they putting that on the resort site to promote the place? Ski patrol is always out there testing snow pack and you hear bombs all the time before opening... You can see that we have a lot of exposure above and in the resort... and I don't even ski there that often...

WOW...

Ira

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Thank God they do what they do.

As a member of the PMRC (Parents Munitions Resource Center) I think it's time that we skiers acknowledge the threat to national security that handing out all those charges and howitzer rounds causes.

It's situations like these that expose our children to the dangers of being targeted by hysterical religious groups sneaking around in the dead of night in burkhas and kaftans. Imagine how easy it would be to steal those munitions left in the hands of a bunch of drunken and stoned ski patrollers who are much more focused on chasing tail and getting another bong hit than properly guarding our nations safety.

Join with me now, take up your keyboards, your pens or quills or your carrier pigeons or smoke blankets and write your congressmen to warn them of this irresponsible exposure.

Thank you.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    As a member of the PMRC (Parents Munitions Resource Center) I think it's time that we skiers acknowledge the threat to national security that handing out all those charges and howitzer rounds causes.

It's situations like these that expose our children to the dangers of being targeted by hysterical religious groups sneaking around in the dead of night in burkhas and kaftans. Imagine how easy it would be to steal those munitions left in the hands of a bunch of drunken and stoned ski patrollers who are much more focused on chasing tail and getting another bong hit than properly guarding our nations safety.

Join with me now, take up your keyboards, your pens or quills or your carrier pigeons or smoke blankets and write your congressmen to warn them of this irresponsible exposure.

Thank you.
    Amen, brother.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Killjoy was here.

An excellent example of avalanche avoidance, survival, and ski fashion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M820c...eature=related

Wow, I need to get up to Alyeska.

i thought the military took back all the 105's
    It is amazing, the amount of snow that was moving.

was that the fatty release from this last season (with the 20' crown)? Liked when they shot down the cornice, that was sick...
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    Liked when they shot down the cornice, that was sick...
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I imagined whenever I'd dodge through the house- and car-sized chunder in Glacier Bowl.

Man, that video makes me miss Aly. Such an underrated mountain.

that was thoroughly enjoied. i'd love that job

Unbelieveable. Great find!

To me, irresponsible exposure means going out into an area in-bounds that hasn't been bombed.

Grow up man...I suppose you will next ask for fertilizers that can be used for mass explosives to be taken off the market because the pose a threat to your JONG ass?

Weak, just like your skiiing!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    I'm not comfortable at all with this concept of responsibility for one's self.
    Call forth the name of Ullr, and rejoice, for he hath brought forth that which you seek, that which calls to your soul, and thus, completes your existence in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Campo View Post
    To me, irresponsible exposure means going out into an area in-bounds that hasn't been bombed.

Grow up man...I suppose you will next ask for fertilizers that can be used for mass explosives to be taken off the market because the pose a threat to your JONG ass?

You sure showed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Campo View Post

Who the fuck is this JONG?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

campo has to be an alias

Nice. With so many explosions I thought I was watching an alpine war movie or something.

All those damned explosions made my dog go crazy last year. In several different incidents; he broke out my truck window; chewed up the inside of truck when I tied him I there; chewed up inside of cabin when I left him at home; escaped and ran out of Girdwood valley...

Aside from all the sweet powder I was skiing, I felt like a bad dog owner or something. I guess you can train a dog with a shotgun and treats? I better get on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    was that the fatty release from this last season (with the 20' crown)? Liked when they shot down the cornice, that was sick...
    It was - though I heard it was "only" 12' at the Moneys.

That video is about 20 minutes long ... a friend on the patrol gave it to me. He's the one way too close to the stick charge at about 2:12. It's much better in this version.