Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Funny that I just recently heard a story about speed walking and the LA Olympics. Seems a buddy of mine went to watch the US trials at some stadium or another and got there while the speed walking was going on. Not sure how many laps they did, but it was a lot and there wasn't much else going on so it wasn't much of a viewing experience. At the end, when someone finally crossing the finish line as the victor, some big woman in front of him said rather loudly, "that damn fool better not take a victory lap."

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    You guys have no idea how hard that is. None.

I graduated HS in 1984, and had been on the track team for two years prior. My buddies and I were joking about race walking in the upcoming LA Olympics. Our coach challenged us to do 2 miles in 16 minutes - 8 laps around the track. When we failed miserably - best time was ~19 minutes - and were in a shitload of pain we realized that we were going 1/2 as fast and not even a 10th of the distance that the olympians do.

Yes it's a goofy looking sport, but those fuckers are as badass as marathoners.
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Rhythmic gymnastics is on NBC right now. I have to say it's a weird sport, but oddly entertaining.

Yep, they walk fast. So fucking what. I can probably crab-walk at an olympic level, but that isn't an olympic sport, nor should it be. I'm glad people with bad knees can still walk, but it should not be an olympic sport. It is what old women do in malls while wearing matching sweatsuits that say "juicy" on the ass.

Handball -- way less gay than baseball.
    "Girl, let us freak."

crab walk...now thats a sport

Maybe the parachute...how many times do 1st graders all run into the middle of that fucking thing when it is inflated only to collide in the middle with a forehead smashing accident. Our class looked like a mash unit by the end of the hour.