Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I know Mark. Our connection is Sergio at staaadventures. An Argentinian with a shitload of contacts since he's local and has a tour company, I trust him very much. He hooked me and Moles up last year. Everything will work fine. Sorry noone else can get a chopper, cause we'll have one.

Originally posted by squeakygonzalez
    Splat, I am sure Sergio will pull it off if he has a month to organize and hope you do have a heli, it will be cool. I do not doubt Sergio's skills adn know him, you might just want to mention to him though as there always was a compnay down here and this si the first year that they do not have the heli. I assume he is bringing it from somewhere else as I had lunch with the owner of Cerro Castor today and even with a lot of $$$ they do not know of any heli.

Suerte
    squeaky -

Please tell Senor Begue we will see him soon and will be getting him some ink Powder and other mags.

Richard - Been looking for you......maybe see you in LL.

Been skiing with Rob for 15 years. Know the whole crew at the weed. That's why I was wondering who you were.

btw - I gotta call Sergio and get the name of our BA rendezvous hotel (and the heli opnumber for the Rev) tomorrow and get it up here. Planning on flying south out of BA on the 21st, returning whenever.

Originally posted by ducktherope
    Tickets purchased.
    Arriving August 19, departing September 7.

FKNA!
    Yeah, Trav! how much you get a ticket for?

Schwank...........I'm a very short hair away from 40K in my Alaksa account right now, which is transferable to American. I'll probably buy the last 1K for $75, which is why I'm stalling on booking, cause I'm heading to the right coast in 12 days.

Originally posted by snorkeldeep
    change of plans - thought we were planning on the 22nd to head down?
    Arriving the 22nd, yeah something like that. I'm not tied to any date but being there BY the 22nd. If you have a ticket already, we'll book around you. Not like there's a plan yet, so whatever.

feel better? BWAAAAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

Not too late at all. Just talked to Sergio in BA. He had sent me all the details, but I somhow didn't get them, so he's sending another email with the info. I'll post it here sometime today.

Took the night off and hung out with Kate, just gettin up. I'll call him when I get home. Talked to TeleRob last night we'll book ours when he gets back from Canadia......

I'll post here after I talk to Sergio.........sorry.

edit: called Serg, left message for him to get that info to me asap.

I know Dan, but we haven't talked in a while. Hope we see him.

I know Dan, but we haven't talked in a while. Hope we see him.

For everyone else - just called Sergio again for details, his secretary said he talked to the heli guy today. And dudele just emailed me and said to check out SA weather now.

FYI - To some of the players: Pulled the trigger today.
    Depart SFO 8/20 - Depart BA - 8/22
    Depart Ushuaia and BA -9/4

Spats - you can just jump a bus from BA to Lenas and you'll fall right into everyone at Lenas. Check xyz's post and you're there.

Spats - TeleRob will be calling you for my confirmation codes to book our flight...

Rob booked last nite. Sergio is blocking our rooms at the hotels.

More info is coming..........

Travis - I'll call Serg today and pm you if I have more info...

tick tock tick tock tick tock.

put me in the loop. I'm hauling ass at light speed to make skis today.

Guys: Make sure you have traveler's insurance. Even though we have virtually no medicinal care there, if can matter bigtime if you get hurt and we have to haul one of us to a hospital in BA or arrange an evac to the states.

Waht cornholio says is about it, but I'm grilling a couple companies and trying to get some promises in writing.

Gimme til tonite and I hope to post a place to go.

1st wrong answer:

In the hypothetical situation we talked about, i.e. the provider will not take a direct payment from us; our insurance would be rendered helpless in that situation. It would be an unfortunate situation for the insured but at the same time an uncommon situation for us. It is a rare situation in which we come across something like this. It has happened before and the insured has paid via a major credit card, filled out the appropriate claim paperwork through us, and has been reimbursed in a timely fashion in order to limit financial responsibility for the insured as much as possible.

I understand this is not the exact answer in writing you were looking for. However, if a provider will not take payment from us using the normal channels of the health insurance/provider relationship, there is simply no way to get around it.

Andrew Bard

International Account Executive

MultiNational Underwriters

A Travel Guard International Company

3172622140 (Fax)

andrew@mnui.com

Just talked to a company that says they will wire money to foreign providers to expedite care, will post when I get their email.

If what the sales guy said is true, this would be the one to get.

Tis company might be the best choice. I think they said enough in this email to hang them in court if they failed to produce.

response:

Thanks so much for your interest in international health insurance for your association members via our web-site athttp://allplaninsurance.com/international/index.htm

I checked with all three of our administrators and international insurance carriers, and it is the practice and policy of all three to accept assignment of medical expenses and to be directly billed by the (foreign) provider for medical treatment rendered. In fact, this is their preferred working arrangement as it gives the insurance company more control in negotiating "reasonable" rates for the insured and lower expenses for themselves.

However, because (as I said on the phone) it is the perogative of any provider to demand payment directly from the patient (prior to treatment) none of three companies have put anything in writing relative to their customary and preferred procedure. Their fear (in my opinion) is that an attorney for the patient might interpret this as an "explicit promise" that such payments will always be made directly to the provider.

If, however, the provider is willing to work with the insuring company - all three of our companies are more than happy to wire claim payments directly to the provider, with the greatest expedience, in order to precipitate treatment. (Unfortunately, neither the patient or the insurance company can be assured of co-operation by the provider.)

I am sorry I could not offer you necessary assurances in writing.

If I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to call me.

Sincerely,
    Kenton Henry

http://www.allplaninsurance.com/

Hold the phone.............

DuckTheRope came up with this one and I believe it is exactly what is needed for travel to Argentina:

http://www.statravel.com/Statravel/...spx?MenuID=5001

Medical Expenses means:
    Covered Medical Expenses You incur as a result of an Injury or as a result of Sickness. The accident causing such Injury must occur while You are covered under the policy, and the Sickness must first manifest itself during Your Trip. You must receive initial treatment within 90 days of the accident which caused the Injury or the onset of the Sickness. All services, supplies, or treatment must be received within 52 weeks of the date of the accident or the onset of the Sickness. The Insurer will advance payment to a hospital, up to $25,000, if needed to secure Your admission to a hospital as the result of an Injury or Sickness while on Your Trip. The maximum amount payable for emergency dental treatment for natural teeth during Your Trip is $150. Accidental dental treatment is necessary solely as a result of an accident which first occurs on Your Trip and is not occasioned by the previous deteriorated state of the teeth, gums, or jaw, and is payable to a maximum of $250. Treatment for temporomandibular joint dysfunction is not covered. Covered Medical Expenses are necessary services and supplies which are recommended by the attending Physician. They include the services of a legally qualified Physician, surgeon, graduate nurse, dentist, or osteopath; charges for hospital confinement and use of operating rooms; charges for anesthetics (including administration); x-ray examinations or treatments and laboratory tests; ambulance service; drugs, medicines, and therapeutic services and supplies. The Insurer will not pay benefits in excess of the reasonable and customary charges commonly used by providers of medical care in the locality in which the care is furnished.

shamrock- I don't know what kind PY had, but they weren't going to take it until a French filmmaker found some agency in BA that negotiated with and assured the doctors and hospitals that payment would be made. And that was an interesting sidebar to PY's injury.

The reason I'm liking sta is what I highlighted in bold. Cause if they don't deliver, you can bet your ass I'll have them in court for a breach of contract.

That's not included in the 14 day cost of $65?

edit: disregard that question, I thought medjet was a reference to the air evac sta promises.

Spaceblanket bivvies just arrived. These could easily become standard fare for any pack if they perform during testing on this trip.

snorkel- it's just a coincidence on the business names - sergio has nothing to do with sta travel insurance.

I'm getting their policy tomorrow, though.