Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    AKA is offline These meaasge boards suck

Nothing against the Jets

But I hope they win about 4 games all season.

Brett Favre is douche.

fuck that, he's a legend
    hope my former oregon boy kellen clements learns from him.
    go jets!

He is a legend and should be as such. The Jets still suck, BTW.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

A beer fortress in the kingdom of cheese...
    The real betting should occur on whether the Pack under Rodgers -or- the Jets under Favre will have a better season record. I'm not a gambler... but if I was, I would have trouble with this one.
    If some of the best times of my life were skiing the UP in -40 wind chill with nothing but jeans, cotton long johns and a wine flask to keep warm while sleeping in the back of my dad's van... does that make me old school?

"REHAB SAVAGE, REHAB!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by timvwcom View Post
    The real betting should occur on whether the Pack under Rodgers -or- the Jets under Favre will have a better season record. I'm not a gambler... but if I was, I would have trouble with this one.
    I'd bet on the Pack. The jets suck. I bet Favre is wishing he stayed retired.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I'd also bet on the Pack. When Rodgers was thrown in against the Cowboys last year (I forget what week), he racked up something like 200 yards and a TD. I'm definitely not saying that we can judge the guy after half a game, but he has got some skills. Plus the fact Green Bay's a far more well rounded team...but in saying that, NY definitely improved their D with Gholston. My guess is Favre will play a season, realize NY sucks, retire, then go play for the Vikes just to piss off the Pack. I can't wait till week 3...Merriman's gonna blow that guy up.

ONE 3 int game and he'll know he aint in Green Bay anymore..

NY fans get UGLY FAST!!!!

The Jets are gonna suck with or without Farve.

2nd on Farve staying retired.
    Bush got C's.... Obama probably failed lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    NY fans get UGLY FAST!!!!
    Jets fans are the ugliest people on earth, statistics show
    Decisions Decisions

Rodgers may be a good quarterback, but from his limited playing time he seems to be injury prone. Us Packer fans have become spoiled with a durable quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA View Post
    But I hope they win about 4 games all season.
    that seems about right
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

McCarthy is one of the best in the business. He wants someone to run the plays the way he wants them and not a "gunslinger". The Packers did well last year because Favre, most of the time, followed the game plan.

Favre will embarrass himself this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Jets fans are the ugliest people on earth, statistics show

I thought us Giants fans had the franchise on that...

Big Blue Wrecking Crew!

Quote Originally Posted by Smacky View Post
    My guess is Favre will play a season, realize NY sucks, retire, then go play for the Vikes just to piss off the Pack.
    The Jets now have the same contract with Favre that Green Bay did, ie signed through 2010. He can't retire and go play for the Vikings, just like he couldn't this time.

Before you say, "The Jets will trade him the Vikings then." Green Bay was astute enough to put in a provision of the trade that if the Jets trade Favre to the Vikings they owe Green Bay 3 first round draft picks.

In other words, don't count on seeing Favre in a Vikings uniform.

BobMc

The Jets have got to sell a lot of those seat subsriptions for the new stadium.

You're not going to do that with Pennington or Clemens.

Bills win the AFC East in '08.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    The Jets now have the same contract with Favre that Green Bay did, ie signed through 2010. He can't retire and go play for the Vikings, just like he couldn't this time.

Before you say, "The Jets will trade him the Vikings then." Green Bay was astute enough to put in a provision of the trade that if the Jets trade Favre to the Vikings they owe Green Bay 3 first round draft picks.

BobMc
    OK - well that's fair enough. 3 first rounders seem like enough of a deterrent. Does that just apply regarding the Vikings?

Tired of Favre's doucheness. Cant wait for the AFC east to beat up on him. Just another example of an amazing athlete achieving Legend status then near the end of his Legend carreer somebody say NO to him for the first time and he shows his true colors. Happens way to much that these stars are handled with white gloves thier whole life and then start acting like children when they are finally told something not filtered to cater to their Legend/Star status. I have always loved the way he played the game with so much emotion however, this episode definately will leave his legacy slightly tainted to me.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Jets vs Clowns tonight at 7:30. Wonder if he gets any snaps?
    To the Thingmajigger!

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    fuck that, he's a legend
    hope my former oregon boy kellen clements learns from him.
    go jets!
    lol..the new jersey jets have a better chance of winning back-to-back super bowls.

8. No grooming allowed: For his sake, I sure hope Jets third-year quarterback Kellen Clemens isn't expecting to sit and pick Favre's brain all week long this season. Somebody give the guy Aaron Rodgers' phone number and have him take a lesson on how to make yourself invisible around No. 4. Because ol' Brett didn't go through all this legacy-tarnishing comeback stuff in order to teach K.C. how to hum that slant pass in there every time. Favre would sooner slink back to his tractor in Hattiesburg.

The way I see it, the Jets didn't just give up on Chad Pennington when they made the Favre deal. They gave up on Clemens, too, who they paid a second-round pick for in 2006 (49th overall). With Favre around for a year or two, Clemens' development just went into suspended animation. Probably for good.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...7/favre/1.html

The worst thing about this is that there's absolutely nothing on the sports channels except 'Breaking News: Favre to New York Jets'. There's only so many times I can watch the same 10 minute segment expecting something else.

Ricky Ryder Guest
    ass-to-mouth is the best name i've seen in a while

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post

BobMc
    but the jets could release him rather than pay him the huge salary (if he sucks).

The jets will be much better this year (not because of favre), I think 8-8 or 9-7 is likely.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It's just sad to me that Favre could've gone out like Elway, Jordan, etc., local hero, but instead he'll just go out, kicking and screaming.

OTOH, can't blame the guy realizing that at 38 there's nothing else he wants to do besides play football.
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    but the jets could release him rather than pay him the huge salary (if he sucks).

The jets will be much better this year (not because of favre), I think 8-8 or 9-7 is likely.
    that's a long shot. their schedule is BRUTAL. first 5 weeks:

@ dolphins
    patriots
    @ chargers
    cardinals
    bengals

that's 0-5 right there. 5-11 maybe 6-10 if they get lucky & favre doesn't revert back to wild & crazy gunslinger mode. which is very doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by stupendous man View Post
    It's just sad to me that Favre could've gone out like Elway, Jordan, etc., local hero, but instead he'll just go out, kicking and screaming.

OTOH, can't blame the guy realizing that at 38 there's nothing else he wants to do besides play football.
    Agree...except Jordan had those years on the Wizards...ugly IMO.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that