Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle View Post
    Shit, you ain't seen nothing yet. If I pull off the caper I have planned in a month or so, Mr Sparkle just might be the hero of the padded room....

Another zero-orgasm "makeout" session?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Another zero-orgasm "makeout" session?
    The judge signed the paperwork a couple of months ago, Mr Sparkle is free of those previous encumbrances!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    That was Chaucer, not Shakespeare, you stupid fucking ignorant JONG!
    Happy to be proved wrong on this and learn more about literature, my understanding was:

Shakespeare and Chaucer were both influenced and inspired by Boccaccio

Shakespeare got elements of: All's well that ends well, Cymbeline and Two Gentlemen of Verona from Boccaccio.

Troilus and Cressida he got in part from Chaucer who got it from Boccaccio who got Triolus from Virgil's Aeneid character Troy.

Why couldn't Shakespeare have had access to the Decameron?
    Last edited by Sparky; 07-31-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belgian View Post
    I love how everyone gets on snow_slider's nuts about calling someone out here for plagiarism when its clear that it happened. But I guess we can't get angry at our delicate snowflakes if they're "nice people," right?. Classic new school TGR, this is why this place sucks sometimes.
    agree 100%. if this was anyone else, people would be calling for the head of said plagiarizer...and would be praising the OP for the callout…pure and simple, it is stealing.
    "I do look like the Arrow shirt man, I did lace up my skates professionally, and I did do a fabulous job finishing my muffin."

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Shakespeare and Chaucer were both influenced and inspired by Boccaccio
    Is Boccaccio Italian for Bukake?

If so, I boccaccio on you!
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

I'll chime in.
    I haven't talked to SS, so I have no idea what his motivation was for outing this article. Personally, I'd like to speak with him about it out of simple curiosity, but what's being overlooked is a larger issue to me.

C's been quoted in sigs & been told what a great writer she is & has graciously accepted those accolades. (To be fair, her physical accomplishments are impressive. I'M never going to compete in an Ironman event.)

It would seem to me that despite what ANYONE'S motivation was, there has not been an ANSWER given as to the plagiarism accusation. There's been plenty of misdirection & fault appointed to OTHERS, but as far as I can tell, there hasn't been a word of explanation or defense given.

Why? The Internet can be a strange place. Without TGR, I wouldn't have met my wife. However ~ this is a real-life example of someone's "online persona" being called into question.

Are you who we THINK you are? (Conversely ~ are you who we've been TOLD you are?)
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Let's see--so free range lobster, still obsessed, google's courtney's name inceasently....come's acrossed this blog, and uses SS (Dude, wtf man?) in a ifeelhappy.com chat session to stir the shit.

How far off am I? I bet I hit the fucking nail on the head.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    It's clear that a big mistake has been made on the part of beandip. If you follow the link, you know that.

It's unusual that a callout of this type of magnitude is made by someone who is not wronged by the offense or hasn't been fucked with repeatedly by the one targeted for embarrassment. The parties who may have been wronged don't post here, nor were the materials in question posted here or linked through here.

All of us who interact here and then develop in-person friendships and relationships would prefer that this was handled differently. How about a PM? "I hear you're fucking up, what's the deal?" This public shaming is about something else.

Hang around people long enough and you will pick up all sorts of juicy tidbits that would make for very spiteful entertainment. Somehow we don't stoop to start threads about it, even when those people get on our nerves. That's the reason some are questioning the motivations behind starting this thread. People will get together and sometimes it doesn't work out. Who would want every (or any) detail of your relationship discussed on the board? For them to come after you directly, or through proxies with dirty laundry?

Does she have to apologize to this board for things she didn't write here, get from here, and don't involve anyone from here?
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    YES!

those on here who have met me, that i'm friends with, i have hooked up with free skis and laptops, let crash at my pad, picked up at the airport, whatever, etc, know my character and i'll let my reputation speak for itself.
    None of those things have any connection to the plagiarism. Your logic is flawed. Seems your reputation is speaking volumes for itself all over the internet. Now I've been a lot of things and called a lot more, but you my dear, are a liar and a fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    Let's see--so free range lobster, still obsessed, google's courtney's name inceasently....come's acrossed this blog, and uses SS (Dude, wtf man?) in a ifeelhappy.com chat session to stir the shit.

Is that you Encyclopedia Brown?
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Beandip, evidently you're the only person that is not perfect.

I will say that my personal dramas pale in comparison.

Carry on!
    When logic goes out the window, go with it.

-- yogachik

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post

You probably hit the nail on half of the head and your thumb with the rest. Like I mentioned earlier, there are always two sides with half-truths.

I very well may be mistaken, but I believe Tacoma Luv also had a stalker prior to the “ex” you are referring to.

I really don’t want my replies to bring out the dirty laundry of a relationship gone sour. BD4A, it is nice that you did not mention names (although I think that has already been done in the past), but I think the whole point of this was to point out blatant plagiarism.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    Does she have to apologize to this board for things she didn't write here, get from here, and don't involve anyone from here?
    Yes, because the inspiration from her writings HAS involved people here.
    Last edited by Alioops; 07-31-2008 at 08:07 PM.
    "You got to express what is taboo in you and share your freak with the rest of us, cause it's a beautiful thing"

Quote Originally Posted by valleygirl View Post
    I will say that my personal dramas pale in comparison.

Carry on!
    Don't sell your dramas short. They keep me grounded.
    "You got to express what is taboo in you and share your freak with the rest of us, cause it's a beautiful thing"

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    uhhh the plagiarized Tri TR did appear here.

Getting indignant over the drama all parties crave = delicious

-another jerk in the circle

Quote Originally Posted by Alioops View Post
    Don't sell your dramas short. They keep me grounded.
    Charming as ever.

When logic goes out the window, go with it.

-- yogachik

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alioops View Post
    ....Yes, because the inspiration from her writings HAS involved people here.
    I concede that I don't know about that. I just wonder why they haven't come forward before this? Unless it's snow_slider.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Plagiarizing is pretty pathetic.

That being said, WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Is there any way we could move this argument to the "Fuck Dave Pyron" thread? It'd be much easier to have ALL the arguments in one thread, two out of three ain't bad so far, but I think we can do better.

BobMc

Smokey McPole Guest
    So who actually killed Laura Palmer?

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    Plagiarizing is pretty pathetic.

That being said, WHO THE FUCK CARES?
    Oh yeah? Meet me in the Pyron thread and I'll knock your fucking teeth in!

BobMc

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Yes, now that I'm past the initial knee jerk reaction, I realize I should have PMed Court first. That would have been a more proper thing to do and I apologize to Court for handling this so poorly. But (and this is a big but), I read her blog quite often and used her words -- her stories -- as a source of motivation in my own weight loss/exercise efforts. And I know I'm not the only one here who read her blog. Those posts helped keep me motivated and enabled me to see that there are great lengths to which we can push ourselves.

When I first read the reversecowgirl blog, I just assumed that there must have been some sort of misunderstanding. I know Courtney has a large group of friends on TGR - some of whom I've met and are stand up folks. That speaks for her character. With this in mind I assumed it must have been a mix up and wanted to hear her side of things.

If all of this was some sort of misunderstanding/mix up, then I'd be very interested in hearing what she has to say about it. If she did blatantly lift the stuff them I'm hurt. I have great admiration for what Courtney accomplished and I looked to her as a source of motivation for my own (rather less spectacular) fitness goals. However, as a writer, my views on plagiarism are quite harsh. It just sucks to find out someone you looked to as a positive influence could do such a thing.

I'm still hoping Courtney will explain what went on and I'm hoping that explanation will, at least, carry enough validity to somehow make sense of all of this.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Oh yeah? Meet me in the Pyron thread and I'll knock your fucking teeth in!

BobMc
    Actually, you need to go to the alcohol test thread. I wanna see if you break that website.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Getting indignant over the drama all parties crave = delicious

-another jerk in the circle
    Heh. It's funny the way some folks are getting all bent outta shape as if they think they somehow deserve a public mea culpa for an embarrassing transgression.

Otay, howzabout belgian, counterfeitfake, cranked, truth et al. get a sticker campaign going to garnish her wages with all proceeds going to that there reversecowgirl chick.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    Actually, you need to go to the alcohol test thread. I wanna see if you break that website.
    I already took that test, I'm sure you can guess the numbers. Yawn. Let me know if we're going to argue, cause we'll definitely have to move it to the Pyron thread.

BobMc