Billy Poole sending Center Chute at Snowbird, UT

RIP buddy.

http://billypooleskifoundation.org/

Hell yeah...

holy fack...
    eating and sleeping is serious business

Baller status. RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

RIP to one sick MF'er. May your lines be deep and endless.
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

God damn. They let people do that? Holy shit.

Ballsy
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

He'll definitely be missed.

RIP BP
    "The riding never stops" Craig Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    God damn. They let people do that? Holy shit.

Ballsy
    Pretty sure it's a poach unless he got permission from Patrol to do it as that area is a permanent closure.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Quote Originally Posted by StroupSkier View Post
    Pretty sure it's a poach unless he got permission from Patrol to do it as that area is a permanent closure.
    I want to say the Bird banned him after that.

Sickness regardless.

I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

Quote Originally Posted by StroupSkier View Post
    Rode the tram up with him that morning, he was pumped on the line. I had the chance to ski pipeline the day before, and was stoked to see his tracks the next afternoon.
    Go Sharks.

Damn that is a sexy line.

RIP dude.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Awsome skier, sweet line and he is missed.

How high do you think the cliff is at the end?
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    when Billy hiked up there to do that line he was a wide eyed kid enjoying his first stint in the Wasatch. Since he was unfamiliar with the zone and since there were no ropes at the top of that line, he figured it was all backcountry and good to go. Its just like Billy to roll up to a zone and see something gnarly and just go for it. I think a lot of the Snowbird locs were pissed at Billy for hitting that and potentially jeopardizing the BC access, but they were probably more pissed that some new kid on the block hit one of the boldest lines around--a line that they had never stepped up to before.
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Baddest poach in North America right there. Makes squaw tram face look small time.

Can't imagine seeing that line skied ever again. Think about that for a few.

Holy crap! Never new that had been skied.

Has anyone else ever skied it? Vision.

Wow... period.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

Quote Originally Posted by Super G View Post
    when Billy hiked up there to do that line he was a wide eyed kid enjoying his first stint in the Wasatch. Since he was unfamiliar with the zone and since there were no ropes at the top of that line, he figured it was all backcountry and good to go. Its just like Billy to roll up to a zone and see something gnarly and just go for it. I think a lot of the Snowbird locs were pissed at Billy for hitting that and potentially jeopardizing the BC access, but they were probably more pissed that some new kid on the block hit one of the boldest lines around--a line that they had never stepped up to before.

First of all, that line to right was skied by a snowboarder a few years back, I believe, the one with the bigger air. We all saw the crater. As for locals not stepping it up, maybe its because some of them value their freedom and their ability to own a snowbird pass.

Quote Originally Posted by powdherb View Post
    First of all, that line to right was skied by a snowboarder a few years back, I believe, the one with the bigger air. We all saw the crater. As for locals not stepping it up, maybe its because some of them value their freedom and their ability to own a snowbird pass.
    we are not talking about the line to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoegnar420 View Post
    we are not talking about the line to the right.
    The line far right is pipeline, and is allowed by the patrol. He is refering to a line further right on the face that requires a larger air to exit.

ooooohhhh man; what a late summer night to log in expecting to just "chill" a little and take my own mind off some internal demons and then i see this most intense, love-filled, i miss you thread ... well worthy of it as I was just thinking of BP the other day and glad to see him not forgotten in the most strong sense!!! thanks BB!!! i'm sure Mr. Lloyd, Mr. Barker, Mr. Clark, Mr. Carr, Mr. Raddam, Mrs. Janesaw, etc. that knew the fine man that Billy was far better than I could ever hope will weigh in this thread at some point and time over the next day, week or month of this summer and I for one will enjoy reading what they put up here or what I hear them speak in person - thank you in advance.

also, thanks Dug for that vid link on u-tube that i was not aware of; that was beeee-uuuu-teee-ful!!!

after that, some very insightful comments from some very special peeps 'round here for a long time and some that i'd rather just ignore.

Thanks again BB for clicking the post reply button; i still remember seeing his tracks on that face in that very good year days later and seeing our own
    Str8 speak of the line while also wide eyed and bushy tailed about BP hitting the line with speed, style, big turns, balls and fun ..... 'nough said
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Where is his exit from that face?
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

So sick..RIP...shred the big lines and deep pow BP

That is a sick line. You really have to know exactly where you are going. The first I saw of Billy was in the Wink movies. It's sad he won't be able to add to what was already quite a resume.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Where is his exit from that face?
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    Women that straightline are hot.