Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mmmm...larches....
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Re: dates

Originally posted by Ripzalot
    anyone else going have some dates in mind?
    Yeah, December until June...

Gloating aside, I think you might meet maggots if you come about the same time as last year, last week in February. I reckon that's the best week when you balance likely snow conditions vs crowds. Anyway, I'll be there all winter and willing to show around anyone who pitches up whenever.

I originally plumped for January 22nd cos it seems a great time to get a nice quiet resort with decent snow.

Plus it'll give me a week to recover before heading out to Jackson.

I'm going to be in shamonicks for January but was thinking about coming down to LG to hook up with whoever's there for the last week.

Originally posted by bad_roo
    I originally plumped for January 22nd cos it seems a great time to get a nice quiet resort with decent snow.
    i'm shooting for this week as well. good timing as swallowmania is the following weekend.

I'll probly be around too, with some friends from skipass... BN and me were talking about making some photo-shoots (he's a first class ski photographer, check the new Millet ads this winter) and maybe an article about this invasion If nobody minds, of course.

Easyjet ( http://www.easyjet.com - bit of a no brainer that ) have just announced a route from London Stansted to Grenoble. Now you Londoners have no excuse. Be there.

my issue with the LG mini is related to my oldest kid (to be 13 in January). I bring him to his ski class in verb every WE in january to march. If I find a way to stick him to other people..... or, better, if I convince him to come to the mini with me, then count on me (or we) too. I'll stay tuned

almost forgot about this. at any rate, starting to think more seriously about going. only thing i'm worried about is the gf being a bit out of her depth (and me to a lesser extent), how's access to le 2 alpe?

roo- is your missus going? seems like mine and yours may be of similar ability.

mullet- check your pm, i have a proposition for you

Quote Originally Posted by ulty_guy
    ...how's access to le 2 alpe?
    That is not a problem,in a good weather.
    From the top of the T-Bar you have a 5-15min slide/walk to Le Döö.
    Only problem is if the weather decides to turn funky when you are coming
    back from Les Deux.
    Had that happen few years ago,didint notice the weather was changing untill the top was in clouds. Returnign to Grave was quite slow in a whiteout/snow..

How did the the summer-before-this summer affect the T-Bars?
    Heard something that they were melted of the slope and rendered useless..
    True?
    I have never been good with facts.

so are you all going to be out there around 22nd? i've met up with ripzalot, but would love to ski with some other maggots too, and i'm planning to be out in la grave as much as possible this winter! just need to know some concrete dates so i can sort out some flights!

only thing i'm worried about is the gf being a bit out of her depth (and me to a lesser extent), how's access to le 2 alpe?

In good conditions the main runs of Vallons de la Meije and Chancel aren't much trickier than a typical European red piste, but conditions can vary enormously. I'm gong to take Mrs Roo at Christmas for a couple of days to see how she fares with it and then we'll be back on w/c the 22nd January.
    Last edited by bad_roo; 10-16-2004 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamhelmet
    How did the the summer-before-this summer affect the T-Bars?
    Heard something that they were melted of the slope and rendered useless..
    True?
    The ground opened up and ate one of the pylons. This hasn't been a bad summer for glacier ablation but the resort didn't open the glacier to skiers until well into this last season.

Hopefully we'll have some decent early season cover so you won't have to go crevasse hopping. This is what you're skiing over...

Talking

The landlord for that house in Alpe d'Huez wasn't prompt enough in replying to his emails, sooo...

I just pulled the trigger on one of the Chalets de la Meije in La Grave for the week.

IT'S ON, FUCKERS!

Garrr, wish I could go... The times offered by easyjet aren't goo enoug though (If cheap) Ah well, next year maybe...

edg

Dude, you do know that Easyjet are travelling from Stansted to Grenoble from the 5th January dontcha? £44 return. Then a coach up to resort. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    Dude, you do know that Easyjet are travelling from Stansted to Grenoble from the 5th January dontcha? £44 return. Then a coach up to resort. Doesn't get any simpler than that.
    Problem being, would only be able to do the weekend - and the times don't fit (A late Fri/v.early say and then a late sun would be good, but they don't seem to be available )

edg

Seems to be lot of triggerhappy people around...

Just pulled mine.

La Grave 18 december to 2 of january.

JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

More...

Just pulled mine.

La Grave 18 december to 2 of january.
    You're norwegian, right? You going with a tour operator of sorts or just figuring out things yourself?

Things are complately up in the air / confused right now, but knowing my previous history there's a fair chance that I might end up being around that valley if the snow is good.
    self unemployed?

another trigger pulled! booked chalets de la meije today for jan 21-29

STOKE IS RISING....

I've been avoiding this thread because of the monetary effect it could have on me, but damn. Hmmmm. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Telepath
    You're norwegian, right? You going with a tour operator of sorts or just figuring out things yourself?

Things are complately up in the air / confused right now, but knowing my previous history there's a fair chance that I might end up being around that valley if the snow is good.
    Nope, not a norweigian. A bit more east...

Going just by ourselves, flying to milan and getting a car from there.
    Staying in La Grave but,then cruising around Montgenevre,Serre,Les 2,Huez,
    if neccessary.
    Just by staying in LG instead serre we saved so much money that we can afford a rental.

Seems like LG is opening the lift on the 18 december too...so shouldnt be
    too tracked there...

Seems like LG is opening the lift on the 18 december too...so shouldnt be too tracked there...
    I wouldn't think so, no. Could be very very good.
    self unemployed?

almost forgot about this. at any rate, starting to think more seriously about going. only thing i'm worried about is the gf being a bit out of her depth (and me to a lesser extent), how's access to le 2 alpe?

mullet- check your pm, i have a proposition for you

I am going but we will have cars. If it gets a bit much (and the big boys want to go it alone) she can join me and my pal for the odd day in one of the nearby resorts i.e. Alpe D'Huez, Deux Alpes etc