TR: Bear Brook NH Archery Course

KMO and I finally purchased bows after years of oogling them at the stores. A really helpful guy at the Kittery Trading Post spent the better part of his day getting us both set up properly. Many thanks to Dave - you kick butt!

So, as is wont to happen in this family, my in-laws saw our new toys and immediately went to Kittery to buy their own bows. If you can't shoot stuff with your in-laws who can you shoot stuff with?

We packed up our gear and hit the archery course at Bear Brook State Park in Allentown, NH yesterday. 15 targets all spread out in the woods and with varying degrees of difficulty (distance, size of target, obstructions, angles, etc). Good times. Once we get the hang of this, it's off to Maine for the real thing.

Pics:

Me

KMO - good form

Mrs. KMO

Mr. KMO

Sometimes, we had trouble retrieving the errant arrows. I won't say who they belonged to...but I did lose the tip to my Leatherman knife. Grrrrr.....

Great course. We'll be heading back soon. It's always a good idea to check out the gun store on the way home, too. Check out the special message:

People shooting ski areas should be sued.

Nice. What are you planning to hunt?

Nice ~ got a Browning m'self.
    (And for a new shooter, you've got good form ~ though your bow's draw length looks a bit short....)
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

My wife wants to hunt deer, moose and bear eventually. I'd love to be able to bring in fresh venison for her new restaurant. We'll see how it goes.

As for the draw length, it seems fine to me - the guy who set it up spent a good 90 minutes getting everything in working order. It's set at 28" with a 50lb weight to it (goes to 60lbs).
    People shooting ski areas should be sued.