Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
    I was a swimmer from the time i was 6 until i was done with college and I can assure you all that swimcest happens all the time. think about it, you have a coed group of athletic hormone crazed kids seeing each other in next to nothing for anywhere from 15 - 30 hours a week. Things are bound to happen, and parents are dumb if they don't see that.
    2 words , Jello Shots.
    I could never bring myself to shave my legs etc, so ghey.
    to this day, I feel a little weird in a speedo, even in brasil.

http://www.madblast.com/funny/12758_...o-burrito.html
    Last edited by willywhit; 07-25-2008 at 09:09 AM.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Is the girl pregnant?
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

How the hell did the parents find out?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    It's not unusual for swimmers to be "hooking up".
    Yeah, I'd say it's unusual for kids not to hook up. I can think of so many times this happened on my teams at that age it's ridiculous.

Are you swimming at Masters Nationals in Portland next month, 4matic?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Wait, you're in your late forties and are on a swim team with a bunch of 15-17 year-olds?
    Giver dude.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Is the girl pregnant?
    I sure hope her parents have told her about the birds and bees by now, have explained how to avoid STDs, got her that HPV shot and have given her a pack of condoms.

This isn't an easy discussion because the kids will ask the parents what they did at the same age and most parents don't want to admit the screwed the whole cheer leading squad or were considered the school slut. The truth tends to undermine parental moralizing. It's completely unrealistic to think that teens aren't tempted by sex and will try it at some point in high school (or earlier (I'm not condoning tweener sex, though I know some of them are doing it)).

Call a lawyer if an adult was involved with your kid, otherwise it's just grandstanding so the parents won't be embarrassed in their community. They are probably more upset about the 'when and where' surrounding their daughter's sexcapades. Suing isn't about what the kids did - it's about saving face.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    The faster you get, the further your away meets take you. Sooner or later the parents give up trying to chaparone.

Shave and taper parties, J.O's, oh the memories.

aahhh, shave parties, good times...

tell the parents to keep their daughter away from ski racing, equestrian sports and ultimate frisbee if they are worried about her purity, and obviously swimmers must be avoided as well
    church, school, and malls...
    oh hell just lock her in the basement...you know just like that guy in Austria...

I can relate to this on a few levels. My 14 year old daughter is playing J.O. water polo next weekend, so I can relate to the parents concern. We expect a reasonable level of adult chaperoning to occur, but kids are clever, and when hormones are involved, they are down right geniuses. I would be pissed if it were my daughter, and there was poor supervision, but at the same time I don't expect chaperons to be able to watch every kid every second of the day.

There is one question I have for the lawyer toting parents...Why aren't they insisting their darling daughter be dropped from the team? From what I remember, it takes two to have sex (wankers don't count.)

I do think some form of discipline is in order, because kids shouldn't be sneaking off to have sex, but it needs to be evenly applied.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yeah, I'd say it's unusual for kids not to hook up. I can think of so many times this happened on my teams at that age it's ridiculous.

Are you swimming at Masters Nationals in Portland next month, 4matic?

A few of the women I hooked with in college will be at the meet..

I'll be there working as Asst. Meet Director and I've been training long course every day. But, I have no plans to compete. I want to have fun, go sailing, play golf.. I'll see you there.

Id reccomend sending her away to an all girls boarding school. But what if she likes girls too?

Its just alot more complicated for parents these days.

Quote Originally Posted by AsheanMT View Post
    How the hell did the parents find out?
    Kids told the coach. Coach told the parents. He has to. If he didn't then he does have responsibility.

I'll be there working as Asst. Meet Director and I've been training long course every day. But, I have no plans to compete.
    You should have entered for relays only! Too bad. Anyway, I'll make it a point to track you down. Are you going to the McMenamins social?

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    Suing isn't about what the kids did - it's about saving face.
    I agree with your take on the parents' motives. But suing whom? As far as I can tell no crime was committed- they're both underage- and there are no damages. What is this lawyer going to do?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Sluts are cool...

This is crazy! Kids have sex, Parents need to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You should have entered for relays only! Too bad. Anyway, I'll make it a point to track you down. Are you going to the McMenamins social?

I can still deck enter if I'm in the mood. I think I have a 25+ 50 meters in me and they asked me to be on the relays.

I'll probobly go to McMenamins..

Let me know what lanes you like and I'll probobly do some starting..if you know what I mean..

Kids told the coach. Coach told the parents. He has to. If he didn't then he does have responsibility.
    Which kids told the coach? The kids that had sex or the kids that made the video?

When my mom chaperoned my sister's youth orchestra on road trips (this one time...) she famously turned a blind eye to kids having sex but disapproved of them shacking up full time or using drugs and alcohol. This earned her the nickname "The Cohabitation Lady."

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Talking gene pool

the kids NOT getting laid leaked it to the coach, no doubt.
    Dude, smell my finger
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Too many loser kids out there don't know when to keep their mouths shut!

And the 2 fuckers need to learn to be a little more discreet!

Otherwise, nothing bad happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckin eh? View Post
    Otherwise, nothing bad happened.
    oh, i'm sure at least one precious snowflake was dishonored, according to the lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    I see a claim against the club/director for negligent supervision of a minor coming down the pipe . . .
    If she doesn't get pregnant, I see no damages.

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    What is this lawyer going to do?
    Bill time. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by skiski View Post
    If she doesn't get pregnant, I see no damages.
    tell that to the 40yo man she is betrothed to who demands to know why she isn't "pure"! oh, wait, wrong country

::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Wow, in a classroom at 17...not bad work!

Um, ski racing was pretty damn coed, and the females enjoyed the male ski racers plenty.

I swim with a strong age group USS team. Ages 14-22 (I'm older than all of their parents fwiw..).

Swimming is unique. It is the only true co-ed sport. You train together, travel together. It's not unusual for swimmers to be "hooking up".
    Actually it's not. Track and Field is the same set up.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch