Page 99 of 345 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 8607

Thread: Kitty Stoke

Miss Mayhem Is trying to escape. The appointment to get her spayed isn't until next week. Once that's done and healed she can go out. She's gotten used to a collar with a bell. Hopefully the birds will now get half a chance. It's a break away one. Trick was getting it tight enough so she couldn't get a paw in it to take it off. Anyone chip their Kitteh? Expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Anyone chip their Kitteh? Expensive?
    Both of mine are rescue/shelter cats and came chipped, covered I guess by the adoption fee, which also covered spaying/neutering. I’m pretty much in the chip ‘em camp, but I might feel different if I lived out in BFE.

Meet Annie. 12 weeks. Picture is zoomed. She is not huge lolClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1565221094254.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	290546

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Meet Annie. 12 weeks. Picture is zoomed. She is not huge lolClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1565221094254.jpeg 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	290546

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Mark my words - that leather chair/couch/whatever is FUCKED.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Both of mine are rescue/shelter cats and came chipped, covered I guess by the adoption fee, which also covered spaying/neutering. I’m pretty much in the chip ‘em camp, but I might feel different if I lived out in BFE.
    I don't chip because I'm in BFE and when my cats go missing it's due to a predator

That said I think it's a good idea to chip them if you live in a neighborhood situation. Whenever I find a stray on my property I have them scanned. Have yet to find one with a chip but you never know and I'd like to get them home if they have one.

I've suggested this many times for after cats get spayed - the suitical is wonderful and much much better than a cone or inflatable doughnut. It saved the last female I had spayed from ripping her stitches out - she was at them the minute she could. You can buy from Chewy for fast delivery.

Cat can do everything in suit except get at sutures (i.e. use the litter box) plus it acts as a "thunder shirt" and keeps them calm so they aren't zipping around.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

Yeah... have a leather barrel chair that is toast.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I don't chip because I'm in BFE and when my cats go missing it's due to a predator
    I was actually thinking of situations like yours when I wrote that.

Lol at thunder shirt.

We live smack dab in the middle of the 'burbs and that's the only reason ours go missing too...

Kitty Stoke

You can self install a chip. $10 on Amazon. Not for me. It was less than $20 at the pet store clinic. I need it to control my chip Activated pet door.

Square is bringing us toys from his lair wherever that is. We never here anyone calling him and he comes and goes like clockwork. He’s not neutered so I’m going to try and get that done.

If we end up adopting him his name will become Bones IV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1565222605.562907.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	290551

He is bringing you his favorite toy.

My cat, Charlie, regularly puts the chirpy bird in my shoes.
    watch out for snakes

103°

Melting cats.

Name:	20190807_175113.jpeg 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	290553Attachment 290554Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190807_175157.jpeg 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	290555
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Geez, did you sew a raccoon tail on him?

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Geez, did you sew a raccoon tail on him?
    She's part Maine Coon Cat. Part alley cat. We don't know which part. She has white socks of various sizes on all fours, and a white chin.

103°

Melting cats.

Name:	20190807_175113.jpeg 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	290553Attachment 290554Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190807_175157.jpeg 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	290555
    Funny my cat like the HEAT. They don't seem to like the environment we are comfortable in.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

lol part of the territory with cats. Thank god for decent furniture from Wayfair. Chair is super comfy and under $400. We are trying to keep on her though and point her to the scratching post.

There's really only one chair I care about because of the sentimental value. And it's a La-Z-Boy so it's comfortable, even after 21 years. The furniture is better than having her claw the carpet, which while I'd love to replace it, I don't want to spend the money. It's that kind of carpet that if you pull at it, you could undo the whole damn thing. We have a clothes hamper that was cheap and is her preferred scratching post. We encourage her choice. However, when I am in bed it sounds just like she is scratching the carpet. FML.

Random scratching is inevitable but never had a cat that didn't like Smart Post

All of my cats are very interested in water and I have one that likes to stand in buckets of water at the barn. Would be interested to see if any of them like to swim like the Tissy.

Pennsylvania cat dives in to summer with love of swimming

BRADYS BEND, Pa. (AP) — A cat in western Pennsylvania is bucking stereotypes with its love of swimming.

Tissy is an orange Maine Coon who regularly cools off in the family pool in Bradys Bend Township, about 55 miles north of Pittsburgh.

Sonny Herr tells the Tribune Review she rescued Tissy as a homeless kitten about five years ago from a parking lot near the county fair.

She says Tissy got curious about water when the kitty was about a year old and started to swim. Tissy’s favorite thing is to swim with Herr’s 9-year-old daughter Taylee.

Tissy even wears a floatie around the waist and likes to be snuggled in the pool. The cat also loves bubble baths.

According to the Cat Fancier’s Association, many cat breeds enjoy water, including Turkish Angora, American Shorthair, Norwegian Forest Cat and the American Bobtail.

According to the Cat Fancier’s Association

I think they put out a magazine: The Cat Fanciers' Association

Quote Originally Posted by KQ
    We live smack dab in the middle of the 'burbs and that's the only reason ours go missing too...
    Also in the burbs and the chip is the only way I've recovered Ugly Kitty on the three occasions he moved out. He invariably ends up trapped by animal control, either right away because people think he's a sick stray or after a few weeks when they get tired of him beating up their other pets. He won't keep a collar, I tried and he drew blood ripping it off his neck. Now I wait for AC to call and I pay the fine. He hasn't moved out in the past 2 years, I think he's happy with the level of comfort at my wife's house...

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Random scratching is inevitable but never had a cat that didn't like Smart Post
    We have a version of this that wraps around the square legs of our leather couch and a flat one mounted inside a door frame they love to sharpen their claws on. Not cheap but cheaper than replacing a couch and less fugly than covering it up with something. Still no scratches after 2 years other than the ones they leave on the top of the couch when they inexplicably wake up from a nap and suddenly fly across the room with all of their claws digging in at take-off.

Not sure if this has been posted in here, but seems like an appropriate place to put it:

Name:  Cat_meme1.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  66.1 KB

...and vinyl, Naugahyde

Our poor kittie. Last years vet said her teeth looked good. This year new vet states she needs 6 teeth pulled. WTF happened in 12 months? She is going to be hurting tonight.

Name:	2016-05-29 18.53.23.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	290596
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Our poor kittie. Last years vet said her teeth looked good. This year new vet states she needs 6 teeth pulled. WTF happened in 12 months? She is going to be hurting tonight.

Isn't this the veterinarian equivalent of the dentist needing to make a payment on his 911 Turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post

These things do happen. I have a friend who is very well versed in these issues. Her cat had to have most of their teeth pulled.

Feline Dental Disease