Page 329 of 345 FirstFirst ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,225 of 8612

Thread: Kitty Stoke

Bahaha.

Miss Mayhem had a nest in one of our sofas when she was a kitten. She would paw people who were sitting in it. It was annoying. She still occasionally goes in there. I think she hid a cat nip toy in there but I don't feel like tearing the sofa apart.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Our cats would love to be outside, but after losing Misty to a car, on the road next to us, there is no way. I wish I could train them to stay on the patio, but my wife suggested if we let them out once they will want out all the time.
    Sorry to hear that. Similar situation here. Our cats were always outdoor cats. We were ignorant and just didn't know better. As our area grew, the road beside our house got busier and we lost an awesome big boy to a car. Since then, they're all 'indoors'.

I've had really good luck training the subsequent kitties to come out in the backyard, supervised. Have had three cats totally respect the boundaries. Amazing luck.

However Timmy, our latest, is a touch wild and actively tries to get over the fence, so I have to watch him like a hawk. This is the guy who can nudge a window open and push out the screen. So now we have certain windows we can't unlock lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    This is the guy who can nudge a window open and push out the screen. So now we have certain windows we can't unlock lol.
    Fuck, that is Freya. I am terrified of her getting out again. My AC bill will be nuts again this summer, as I can't open the windows unless I am there watching what is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yeah in retrospect, with this individual I think it was a mistake to give him a taste of the outdoors.

He's so obsessed with getting outside. Anytime I go near the patio door he appears out of nowhere, and if we're not going out there's a solid chance he'll be so let down he literally bites the back of my leg when I walk by. This behavior started in the winter. So a nip on the leg, when wearing jeans isn't a big deal. No that it's time for shorts, ooch!

When we brought Freya and Skye home last year they initially really wanted out the door, but I would always kick a clog or flip-flop at them and now they know if I'm coming close to the door to move. You might want to try that with your kitty.

How is it that the one cat that goes out the least, that barely ventures off the patio, has had 2 ticks in less than a week?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

ya got ticks in the house…

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    ya got ticks in the house…
    That is a consideration however it's very very dry here so I can't imagine they could live longer than a day or two.

That said I've checked his favorite sleeping spots, vacuumed them and washed his blankets so we'll see. Did not find any ticks. Checked along baseboards etc.

I've had cats get ticks before but it's usually the ones that go out and hunt in the tall grass. Maybe he just got lucky on one of his few outings.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

His outdoor buds wanted him to feel like he was part of the pride?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    His outdoor buds wanted him to feel like he was part of the pride?
    LOL!

If they got in the house I suspect they were carried in by his long haired brother who is outside 90% of the time.
    Last edited by KQ; 06-05-2023 at 08:31 PM.

Kitty Stoke

Forget if I posted about this

When I was moving out of my apartment in Idaho Falls back in December, literally the last day we were there, a cat showed up at the back door non stop meowing. I was packing in the bedroom and my GF was packing stuff up in the kitchen and almost at the same time were like, "do you hear something?" Went to the back door and saw there was a cat. At this point I was in full pack mode and pretty much ignored it and carried on, never opened the door.

Two hours later, cat is still there. In a bit of a lull I go outside to meet it. Immediately noticed it was pretty thin and looked to be in not rough, but not the best shape ever. Keep in mind back around that time of the year it had been pretty damn cold and snowy, this day in particular the high was 15F. After a couple pets I went inside and grabbed a shoebox and put some towels in it and went back to work, it was about 2pm and we still had a lot to do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1686020656.124186.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	461015

Fast forward another 3 hours or so and the cat is still there. It's now past 5pm and getting dark, and we are preparing to head into town to meet some of my coworkers for a last hoorah. It's here that I cave. The overnight low is forecast -11F and I know if the cat doesn't find somewhere to nest up it's likely it might not make the night. My apartment had a very strict no pet policy, so in the back of my I was like great, I'm gunna let in the cat and it's going to claw up the wall or something on my last night here.... We had a can of tuna easily accessible so set it up nice while we were out.

Name:	Image1686020722.753440.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	461016

Name:	Image1686020753.471564.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	461017

Kitty was very well behaved and was rewarded with some real cat food when we got back and set up a makeshift litter box for the night. The next morning we were splitting in the morning. Given the forecast I couldn't put it back outside so kitty was coming with to my new home (GF's place). However, we did do our due diligence and posted on the IF Lost and Found FB page that day. And a week later when we returned to grab the last few things out of the apartment printed out a bunch of flyers and stuck them in mailboxes around the neighborhood. No hits on anything. Since this whole ordeal was right around Christmas we decided to name her Holly (which I am still liking).

As my GF already had a cat (a 13yo tabby that's very loving, but pretty special... long story short it was found on the road in the winter out by the INL and had parvo as a kitten which, I think, may have caused some neurological damage), we thought it best to take Holly to the vet, mainly to check for a chip and run the gambit of tests for a likely stray. The vet estimated her age between 2-4 years old, and to our disappointment she came back positive with FIV. So now the question was if we'd be able to keep her with the other cat. For the first 2-3 weeks we kept Holly in our room, with very infrequent interactions with the other cat. Holly was pretty skittish to begin with, but was quickly coming around to the resident cat, who is luckily about the least aggressive cat ever. About 3 months ago we started opening the bedroom door and haven't looked back. The cats have been great together. Holly has gained back a bunch of weight and is doing great. We do give her B12 shots every 3 weeks or so to help with any immune system issues and are hopeful she lives a long life with us.

Name:	Image1686020981.215322.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	461018

Name:	Image1686021072.441420.jpg 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	461019

Name:	Image1686021098.716359.jpg 
Views:	37 
ID:	461020

Name:	Image1686021118.084406.jpg 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	461021

Thank you for being a good hoomon

Nice, A! Good on ya.

Solid work, EoB...

Holly could be a cousin to my twin tabby girls.

Name:	kitty1b.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	822.5 KB 
ID:	461071
    I like that name too.

Let's have some pics and info on big red there too.

Been almost 3 years since we took in these 2 foster sisters and they're still here.

Name:	Kitty babies1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	537.0 KB 
ID:	461072

Our Tabby TG was at her rescue for 4 years before coming home with us. Poor kitty.

Tabby cats are so floppy!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

Very sweet and what a wonderful happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Forget if I posted about this

When I was moving out of my apartment in Idaho Falls back in December, literally the last day we were there, a cat showed up at the back door non stop meowing. I was packing in the bedroom and my GF was packing stuff up in the kitchen and almost at the same time were like, "do you hear something?" Went to the back door and saw there was a cat. At this point I was in full pack mode and pretty much ignored it and carried on, never opened the door.

Two hours later, cat is still there. In a bit of a lull I go outside to meet it. Immediately noticed it was pretty thin and looked to be in not rough, but not the best shape ever. Keep in mind back around that time of the year it had been pretty damn cold and snowy, this day in particular the high was 15F. After a couple pets I went inside and grabbed a shoebox and put some towels in it and went back to work, it was about 2pm and we still had a lot to do.

Name:	Image1686020656.124186.jpg 
Views:	36 
ID:	461015

Fast forward another 3 hours or so and the cat is still there. It's now past 5pm and getting dark, and we are preparing to head into town to meet some of my coworkers for a last hoorah. It's here that I cave. The overnight low is forecast -11F and I know if the cat doesn't find somewhere to nest up it's likely it might not make the night. My apartment had a very strict no pet policy, so in the back of my I was like great, I'm gunna let in the cat and it's going to claw up the wall or something on my last night here.... We had a can of tuna easily accessible so set it up nice while we were out.

Name:	Image1686020722.753440.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	461016

Name:	Image1686020753.471564.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	461017

Kitty was very well behaved and was rewarded with some real cat food when we got back and set up a makeshift litter box for the night. The next morning we were splitting in the morning. Given the forecast I couldn't put it back outside so kitty was coming with to my new home (GF's place). However, we did do our due diligence and posted on the IF Lost and Found FB page that day. And a week later when we returned to grab the last few things out of the apartment printed out a bunch of flyers and stuck them in mailboxes around the neighborhood. No hits on anything. Since this whole ordeal was right around Christmas we decided to name her Holly (which I am still liking).

As my GF already had a cat (a 13yo tabby that's very loving, but pretty special... long story short it was found on the road in the winter out by the INL and had parvo as a kitten which, I think, may have caused some neurological damage), we thought it best to take Holly to the vet, mainly to check for a chip and run the gambit of tests for a likely stray. The vet estimated her age between 2-4 years old, and to our disappointment she came back positive with FIV. So now the question was if we'd be able to keep her with the other cat. For the first 2-3 weeks we kept Holly in our room, with very infrequent interactions with the other cat. Holly was pretty skittish to begin with, but was quickly coming around to the resident cat, who is luckily about the least aggressive cat ever. About 3 months ago we started opening the bedroom door and haven't looked back. The cats have been great together. Holly has gained back a bunch of weight and is doing great. We do give her B12 shots every 3 weeks or so to help with any immune system issues and are hopeful she lives a long life with us.

Name:	Image1686020981.215322.jpg 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	461018

Name:	Image1686021072.441420.jpg 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	461019

Name:	Image1686021098.716359.jpg 
ID:	461020

I had no idea kitteh could get teh AIDS. At least it doesn't appear to be full blown, so that's good. Hoping she has a long and happy life with you guys. Funny how she was placed in your path.

continuing on my tick journey.....

Took Milo in for worming today and to have his ear looked at as he'd been scratching at it acting like he had mites. Turns out he had a spinose ear tick. Great. Another kind of tick to look out for. This is not the cat who I previously had picked two ticks off of.

Gak! That thing is creepy and now I'm all freaked out that they are in my house.

No other option. You know what you have to do.

Have you checked your own ears?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    No other option. You know what you have to do.
    Might miss and hit Putin instead.... hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Have you checked your own ears?!?!?
    They've been itching ever since the vet showed me the creepy crawler when he pulled it out of his ear.

Miss Mayhem snuck out last night and we haven't seen her yet today. Normally she clamors to be let in and fed first thing. She's an outdoor cat, however we try to keep her inside at night.

She's chipped and has a collar with name and number. However, she does not have a portable force field to protect her against cars or being adopted by another family.