Page 270 of 345 FirstFirst ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 8602

Thread: Kitty Stoke

Wow are there many things as sad as very sick kitten? Wilma is on the mend now with some Clavamox and Gabapentin (thank you Pfizer), but had a 107*F fever yesterday and was a listless lump for 24 hours that couldn't hold her head up. She is back to eating and drinking again today and should be back to her old tricks tomorrow.

Name:  Sick Kitten.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  68.9 KB

Poor kitty !

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Aww, so sad. Hope the recovery is progressing well.

Glad to hear about a positive turnaround
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Wow! 107 is high. Hope she continues on an upward trajectory.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

On a lighter note Mr Kitty is showing genuine signs of senility. He is forgetting useful skills like pushing the door open. He remembered how to pull is open but not just push to get in. Other things also. Starting to wonder if it’s time to restrict he movements and make him an inside kitty. He will hate that
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    On a lighter note Mr Kitty is showing genuine signs of senility. He is forgetting useful skills like pushing the door open. He remembered how to pull is open but not just push to get in. Other things also. Starting to wonder if it’s time to restrict he movements and make him an inside kitty. He will hate that
    but if he's going senile he might forget that he hates being inside. Get him a nice heated bed.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    but if he's going senile he might forget that he hates being inside. Get him a nice heated bed.
    He already sleeps on me or under the covers with me. Except last night. He was sleeping in the living room all night because he forgot how to come in and get in bed. I worried he will forget other outside things about survival around things that want to eat him
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

^Bump because kitties need to be on the first page!

Marta hay barn kitty

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190916_180303.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	393091

Approve
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Kitty Stoke

When the kitties started hanging out more around here and we figured out that they had adopted us, we got them some of those nice, plush, comfy beds. They have maybe, maybe used them once for a quick nap. Tigger prefers his box:

Hangin out

Name:	pants.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	393093
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Face palm kitty. Kinda:

Name:	PXL_20211117_042225726.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	393094

A maine coon showed up at our door yesterday. Huge beast, really beautiful, super friendly, hopelessly lost. Fortunately he had a collar and the owners live just down the road so I didn't have to wait long for him to get pickep up. Simon, our old ass scrawny kitty, confirmed my suspicion that cats view themselves as full size lions though. He was intent on fucking up that giant kitty up regardless of the obvious size mismatch (he's probably 5 lbs on a good day) and did his best to escape from me and attack. The coon was interested in playing but I think he wouldn't have had much patience for the old man...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Kitty TV is primetimeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20211117_212005.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	393101

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Like a kid watching cartoons. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211117_212312.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	393102

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    When the kitties started hanging out more around here and we figured out that they had adopted us, we got them some of those nice, plush, comfy beds. They have maybe, maybe used them once for a quick nap. Tigger prefers his box:

That looks plush and just right

WTF is “silvervine” ??

Gave some to GG and it turned her into a meth head.

Name:	IMG_1919.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	393739

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    WTF is “silvervine” ??

Gave some to GG and it turned her into a meth head.

Name:	IMG_1919.jpg 
Views:	67 
ID:	393739

I was going to suggest silvervine to Buster since his cats don't react to Catnip. I may try to grow some to add to my nip mix.

THE SCIENCE BEHIND SILVERVINE: AN ALL-NATURAL CATNIP ALTERNATIVE THAT MORE CATS ADORE

When you love your cats like we do, you’re constantly on the lookout for new ways to pamper and entertain them. From beds and perches to treats and toys, there are a million different ways to spoil your kitty.

Catnip is one of the most popular ways to help your cat relax and keep them amused. It contains an attractant called nepetalactone.. For some cats, catnip sedates them and puts them into a euphoric state. Your furry friend may lazily roll around on the floor and bat at their toys, or they may become wild-eyed and hyper and zoom around the room. For other kitties, catnip has little to no effect at all.

If your cat isn’t affected by catnip, they aren’t alone! Only about 50 percent of felines show signs of being reactive to nepetalactone. For cats that simply shrug and don’t seem interested in catnip, or simply want to try something new, there is an alternative. A substance known as silvervine creates the same effects as catnip – and may be even more effective at inducing a euphoric state.

WHAT IS SILVERVINE?
    Silvervine (Actinidia polygama) is a climbing plant found in the mountainous regions of China and Japan. There, it’s also known as “Matatabi” or “Japanese catnip.” It bears kiwi-like fruit, but it’s not the fruit that gives the plant its name. Silvervine is named for the beautiful silver-white leaves and flowers that blossom off of the fast-growing vine.

In addition to being used in traditional Chinese and Japanese medicine, the fruit, leaves, buds, and stems of silvervine drive cats absolutely wild. They adore it so much that a 1939 article for Harvard University’s Arnold Arboretum describes having several plants in their collection “literally chewed to death” by felines that were able to access them (Wyman 34).

HOW DOES SILVERVINE AFFECT CATS?
    This attraction makes silvervine a particularly enticing cat treat. Once it’s been dried and ground into a light brown powder, you’ll find that silvervine has a sweet, pungent smell. Like catnip, silvervine has an immediate effect on many cats. When exposed to it, they’ll often roll on the floor, rub their chins and faces on nearby surfaces, drool, and lick. Although silvervine isn’t particularly well-known in the Western world, it’s one of the most popular cat treats in Asia. Silvervine is so popular in Japan and China, in fact, that a cat’s reaction to it is known there as the “Matatabi Dance.”

Although silvervine does produce a kind of kitty “high,” you don’t have to worry about your cat becoming addicted or overdosing on it. In fact, Dr. Charles Abramson pointed out in a 2012 study that “no scientific data exists demonstrating any purported addictive properties of silvervine” (Abramson 21). The effects will wear off in less than 30 minutes and your cat will return to their normal behavior.

CATNIP VS. SILVERVINE
    When it comes to hallucinogenic kitty treats, catnip is much more familiar in the Western part of the world. How does silvervine measure up? In 2017, researchers decided to find out. They tested 100 domestic cats to determine their response to valerian root, Tatarian honeysuckle, catnip, and silvervine. The results, published in BMC Veterinary Research, revealed that while one out of every three cats had no response to catnip, nearly 80% of the cats responded to silvervine.

In addition to affecting a greater number of cats, silvervine appears to be more potent than catnip. This is likely because instead of the single attractant contained in catnip (nepetalactone), silvervine has at least two olfactory attractants: actinidine and dihydroactinidiolide.

This is exciting news for cat owners whose fuzzy companions don’t care for catnip. Silvervine also presents an opportunity for people to change things up and provide variety for catnip fans who may have grown tired of the same old toys and treats.

HOW TO USE SILVERVINE
    From exercise to environmental enrichment, pet owners are finding that silvervine is the perfect way to get a lounging cat up and moving. This is helpful if you’ve got an older or overweight cat that needs to lose a few pounds. In his study, Dr. Abramson discussed the usefulness of silvervine as an environmental enrichment aid. He points out that these kinds of tools can help improve animal-human interactions and are also frequently “used by veterinarians to improve the physiological well-being of sick animals such as those suffering from arthritis and obesity” (Abramson 21).

Silvervine is fantastic for entertaining and exercising your cat, but it’s also an excellent all-natural substance for helping calm a fearful or stressed-out kitty. To use it, simply sprinkle a small amount (approximately 0.5 grams or 1/4 of a teaspoon) on the floor, your cat’s bed, on their scratching post. You might also roll their favorite toy in the powder, toss it down, and watch them go! Silvervine can also be used to attract your cat to a new bed or cat carrier in order to get them comfortable with it.

Although silvervine is safe for all felines from young kittens to elderly cats, it’s always a good idea to supervise your kitty while they enjoy their silvervine powder or toy. Limit playtime to 30 minutes and then put the product away. Some cats will become less reactive to silvervine over time; if this happens, you might limit their exposure to the product to two or three times weekly.

WHERE CAN I BUY SILVERVINE?
    Silvervine is the only ingredient in TwinCritters’ KittiKrack – a top-selling catnip alternative. This all-natural product is 100% silvervine powder made from wild silvervine fruit and contains no additives or preservatives. Try it to entertain your kitty, help them de-stress, or boost their mood.

We have a feeling that pretty soon, your cat will come running at the first whiff of KittiKrack. If your cat doesn’t like KittiKrack, however, or if you have any issues with the product, let us know within 30 days and we’ll gladly exchange or refund your purchase.

Yeah but do I really want to become my cats crack dealer? I mean what currency she going to be paying me in? She’s got no pockets for cash and I don’t think she has a bitcoin wallet. Plus, She’s already giving me her half eaten mouse carcasses for free… a pretty sweet deal really.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Yeah but do I really want to become my cats crack dealer? I mean what currency she going to be paying me in? She’s got no pockets for cash and I don’t think she has a bitcoin wallet. Plus, She’s already giving me her half eaten mouse carcasses for free… a pretty sweet deal really.
    There's a pussy joke in there somewhere but my brain is tired

Name:	084D00B8-8294-4798-946C-3B8DAA23DBA9.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	540.8 KB 
ID:	393783

It’s getting wintry. Unfortunately the cat doesn’t stack wood

Name:	207FC7F2-EED3-4749-B35C-42344D5A577A.jpg 
Views:	45 
ID:	393784
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Pete also doesn't like stacking wood, he's more of a gas fireplace kind of guy.

Name:	IMG_3837.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	995.6 KB 
ID:	393843
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3837.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	994.6 KB 
ID:	393840  

^^like^^
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Pete's got it made in the shade!