Page 275 of 345 FirstFirst ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,875 of 8612

Thread: Kitty Stoke

^^^Get those dog doors that need a collar to activate.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Thanks for the suggestion. Reading the reviews on 2 brands, it seemed like the doors were hit and miss at best, so I guess I will have to think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Reading the reviews on 2 brands, it seemed like the doors were hit and miss at best, so I guess I will have to think about it.
    And if your cats are like my cat, they will sneak out while the dogs are going through. It will take the cats all of about a half second to figure that out. Litter box and inside all night. I watched Miss Mayhem use up one of her lives willy nilly playing chicken with a car recently.

Right? I scared the shit out of myself this morning watching TG run in front of a car in the dark. This door has solid reviews but at 41" tall is not going to fit on the Dutch door and will look like shit on the door that is mostly glass. FML. https://www.hitecpet.com/autpetdoorfo.html
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

I'm a very strong proponent of strictly indoor kitties. I'd rather not explain why.

Cats: Today was vet visit day. My two hid when they saw the carriers, then sunk their claws into everything, including me, when I caught them and fought me getting them into their carriers. On the way they ripped at the soft sided carriers, and hated on me and complained and protested loudly non-stop. At the vet they wouldn’t come out without a major struggle. - it took two people to extract each one. However it was easy to get them back in. Then back at home, I’m a fukn hero - they love and admire me like never before.

Cats.

Stone cold killer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0179.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	395877

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

We have 2 dog doors in the house that I close at night to keep the cats in. That is really a PITA as I have been getting up in the middle of the night to take a wizz and then take the dogs outside to do their business. It then often takes me an hour plus to fall back to sleep, so I told my wife I was going to start leaving the dog doors open as our "baby cat" Misty has been with us for 18 months and knows her way home.
    Problem is, we live on a early morning and afternoon busy street and the "old cat" TG ran across the street this morning and almost got flattened before my eyes. So now I am back to "those fuckers are never going outside again". So what to do? Do I lock them in my office at night with a litter box and let them out once it is light? They normally sleep with us, but I need to leave the dog doors open at night and not have to worry about the cats getting flattened.
    WWMD?
    Do you have an attached garage? You could put a cat door from house to garage for evening excursions. My cats will settle for the dark garage when I won't let them out at night.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Cats: Today was vet visit day. My two hid when they saw the carriers, then sunk their claws into everything, including me, when I caught them and fought me getting them into their carriers. On the way they ripped at the soft sided carriers, and hated on me and complained and protested loudly non-stop. At the vet they wouldn’t come out without a major struggle. - it took two people to extract each one. However it was easy to get them back in. Then back at home, I’m a fukn hero - they love and admire me like never before.

Cats.
    Took my two barn cats in yesterday to be wormed. They screamed the whole why there. One of them was so stressed he was open mouth panting (as wide as he could possible open his mouth). I tried singing to them but they weren't buying it. By evening feeding all was forgiven.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Stone cold killer
    I see they started at the face and worked down...

Ours *only* eats the face.

Must be delicious...

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Do you have an attached garage? You could put a cat door from house to garage for evening excursions. My cats will settle for the dark garage when I won't let them out at night.
    I think the cats will figure out that the cat doors only go to the garage and the dog doors lead to freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I think the cats will figure out that the cat doors only go to the garage and the dog doors lead to freedom!
    I guess I was thinking he wouldn't have the dog door open but I suppose that isn't what he wanted. I'm kinda out of it this week.

We have 2 dog doors in the house that I close at night to keep the cats in. That is really a PITA as I have been getting up in the middle of the night to take a wizz and then take the dogs outside to do their business. It then often takes me an hour plus to fall back to sleep, so I told my wife I was going to start leaving the dog doors open as our "baby cat" Misty has been with us for 18 months and knows her way home.
    Problem is, we live on a early morning and afternoon busy street and the "old cat" TG ran across the street this morning and almost got flattened before my eyes. So now I am back to "those fuckers are never going outside again". So what to do? Do I lock them in my office at night with a litter box and let them out once it is light? They normally sleep with us, but I need to leave the dog doors open at night and not have to worry about the cats getting flattened.
    WWMD?
    We have a locking cat door in the door ti our basement. The cats get locked into the finished basement at night. It works very well.

We do it because otherwise the 1 AM to 3 AM cat circus rages through the house.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    We have a locking cat door in the door ti our basement. The cats get locked into the finished basement at night. It works very well.

Heheh, cat circus, heh. I live your pain and I only have one cat. She's Mayhem.1 to 3 is zoomie time

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    You ask, GG delivers.

Attachment 395521

edit: TRG photo uploader blows goats

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    So cute.

I think Jenny’s getting prettier by day.

^^^ Those eyes!!

Anyone else's kitty fascinated by what's happening behind doors? Not inside a room behind a close door btw, behind the actual door. For the past few weeks Ugly has spent all of his awake time (about 45 minutes a day) posted in front of various closed doors in the house. He stares at me very intently, occasionally meows to get my attention, gets all excited when I walk over, and as soon as I open the door he rushes in and gets behind the door against the wall. I look in there and he's starting up and down the door frame as if something really interesting was happening. He'll stay there for a minute then wander out. If I close the door he's back at it within the hour at most. He does it with all closed doors and has infinite patience for this game (Ms Boissal tested this fact last night and got bored after he checked out our bedroom door twice and the guest bedroom door twice).
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    ^^^ Those eyes!!

Anyone else's kitty fascinated by what's happening behind doors? Not inside a room behind a close door btw, behind the actual door. For the past few weeks Ugly has spent all of his awake time (about 45 minutes a day) posted in front of various closed doors in the house. He stares at me very intently, occasionally meows to get my attention, gets all excited when I walk over, and as soon as I open the door he rushes in and gets behind the door against the wall. I look in there and he's starting up and down the door frame as if something really interesting was happening. He'll stay there for a minute then wander out. If I close the door he's back at it within the hour at most. He does it with all closed doors and has infinite patience for this game (Ms Boissal tested this fact last night and got bored after he checked out our bedroom door twice and the guest bedroom door twice).
    My female gets all excited when I pull out the broom to sweep the cat room. She takes up her position at the door and waits for me to close it so she can attack the broom bristles that stick out under the door when I sweep.

Name:  CatDoor.png
Views: 218
Size:  186.0 KB

^^ Truth. Door scratching instead of meowing because why wouldn't you damage stuff on top of making yourself into a loud nuisance?

Ugly has had a rough couple days, Ms Boissal rescued an ancient lady lab from the shelter and he's not adjusting well. Miss Lenora couldn't give two shits about him, she's too busy being deaf and arthritic to chase a cat, but he feels the need to hiss at her if she gets within 6'.
    And Hobbes has moved out. Haven't seen her at all in 48 hours. How can they be scared of this face:

Name:  messages_0 (2).jpeg
Views: 182
Size:  44.6 KB
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

^^ Truth. Door scratching instead of meowing because why wouldn't you damage stuff on top of making yourself into a loud nuisance?

Ugly has had a rough couple days, Ms Boissal rescued an ancient lady lab from the shelter and he's not adjusting well. Miss Lenora couldn't give two shits about him, she's too busy being deaf and arthritic to chase a cat, but he feels the need to hiss at her if she gets within 6'.
    And Hobbes has moved out. Haven't seen her at all in 48 hours. How can they be scared of this face:

Awwwwww. My heart just melted.

Sweet puppers!

Not surprising the kittens are unhappy. I inherited a cat from my nearest neighbor. When her son got a dog the cat moved over to my house. I wasn't entirely sure where she'd come from but noticed this neighbor had a cat that looked just like her so one day I asked her if she'd had another one to which she replied "yeah, she was the mother of this one but she died/disappeared" to which I said "oh no, she's living with me now." LOL!

I wonder if this product might help or maybe you could just try massive amounts of catnip. Do the kitties have their own "safe room?"

Speaking of new animals...... I spied a new kitten skirting around one of my outbuildings today. Cute little thing. Probably not more than 6-7 months old. Long haired grey tabby.

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post

Best I can do is lock them in the office. I am certain the crying would be non stop, so fuck it, I just let the dogs out in the middle of the night and resign myself to taking awhile to fall back to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Sweet puppers!

Not surprising the kittens are unhappy. I inherited a cat from my nearest neighbor. When her son got a dog the cat moved over to my house. I wasn't entirely sure where she'd come from but noticed this neighbor had a cat that looked just like her so one day I asked her if she'd had another one to which she replied "yeah, she was the mother of this one but she died/disappeared" to which I said "oh no, she's living with me now." LOL!

I wonder if this product might help or maybe you could just try massive amounts of catnip. Do the kitties have their own "safe room?"

Speaking of new animals...... I spied a new kitten skirting around one of my outbuildings today. Cute little thing. Probably not more than 6-7 months old. Long haired grey tabby.
    KQs organic catnip is da bomb! And Mayhem seems to have stashed the whale somewhere. I see her play with the duck occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    KQs organic catnip is da bomb! And Mayhem seems to have stashed the whale somewhere. I see her play with the duck occasionally.
    Made a pink elephant yesterday! Sending it off tomorrow as a Christmas gift.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pink Hefalump.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	543.8 KB 
ID:	396514

I think the cats will adjust fine. Hobbes was nowhere to be seen for almost a month when I moved in with Ms Boissal who had a dog. Then she moved into the gear room and sounded like an angry tiger every time I opened the door. After about 3 weeks she was wandering the house keeping an eye on the dog, and after a couple month she could walk in front of him without hissing. Ugly got used to him in a few days, they had some big fights but overall they ignored each other. Princesses will be princesses....