Page 238 of 345 FirstFirst ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 8608

Thread: Kitty Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    This is Cocoa (RIP). One of the best mouser kitties ever.

Attachment 372385

He too would bring in surprises to the bed, always right before you're about to sleep. Had a poor run in his later years where they'd get away at this point, and you're treated to a half hour or so of tearing your place apart trying to find the half dead mouse. Good times.
    Awesome looking cat. Are his ears messed up?I zoomed in both ears half gone. How that happen
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Yeah. Great mouser, but missing several key components..

A family friend found him during a nasty snowstorm while walking their dog in the woods. They found this kitten with pretty severe frost bite on his feet and ears.

I took him in (admittedly pretty reluctantly, I had no plans for a new kitty at the time, not to mention a complete disaster of a cat. I don't say that lightly - his ears where rotting away from frostbite, same with some of his paw pads, had no claws, missing some teeth, no balls etc. Just a really poor sad guy).

But yeah awesome super loyal loving cat, we bonded immediately. He is a legend in this house and is lauded as a fighter who overcame all obstacles life threw at him.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yeah ..... not sure if being classy around a rabid bobcat (or anything, for that matter) is in your best interest. In fact, losing your shit undoubtedly has a higher survival value.
    I use classy a bit loosely... Agree that holding a pissed off cat of any size right in front of your face, rabid or not, is not the wisest move. Flinging it 10' away is also a questionable move. I get that it's not a situation you want to prolong but putting that little space between kitty and you isn't going to do much good.
    I'd personally have screamed in fear and locked myself in the car/house to wait it out.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Pinned down like Gulliver

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210426_075546.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	372748
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Miss Mayhem with something to say about how my son puts away his shoes.

Name:	threema-20210423-093518565.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	372752
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Anyone ever shave your cat? Asking for a friend.

Name:	F94E437B-295E-458E-BFAA-E37098C04A5F.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	637.7 KB 
ID:	372755

Twitchy goddam animals...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kitteh18.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	372758  

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Anyone ever shave your cat? Asking for a friend.

Name:	F94E437B-295E-458E-BFAA-E37098C04A5F.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	637.7 KB 
ID:	372755
    Actually there are a couple people here who have posted pics of their cats with summer clips.

Funny... my short-haired boy sheds way more than his long-haired siblings. The long hairs seem to shed like Chows - in clumps. I've given up caring about hair everywhere. It's a losing battle. I vacuum and lint roller as much as I can but in the end resistence is futile. It's esp. bad for me because I do fiber art with wool which gets everywhere too.
    Can't imagine how much hair I've consumed over the years.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Miss Mayhem leaves enough goddam hair around to make a whole other cat. She has Maine Coon in her and has the short and the long hair as they do.

I will post a TR of shaving Ugly shortly. We bought new clippers and practiced on the dog. It's going to be glorious, he's getting a home-made lion cut!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

^^^ Subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    ...I've given up caring about hair everywhere. It's a losing battle. I vacuum and lint roller as much as I can but in the end resistence is futile.
    That’s probably the healthiest approach. But...
    Can't imagine how much hair I've consumed over the years.
    That’s what gets me. Hair all over my face, tickling the shit out of me, and the occasional long hair up my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^^^ Subscribed.

That’s probably the healthiest approach. But...

That’s what gets me. Hair all over my face, tickling the shit out of me, and the occasional long hair up my nose.
    Yeah... it's a trade off. I have cheap bath towels on my furniture to catch hair and throw an old sheet over my comforter. Easier to peel the towels off when guests come and to wash a sheet rather than have my comforter cleaned.

Ha-ha!

Name:  Zoomies.png
Views: 351
Size:  184.8 KB

Last night my female hit the nip hard (it's started growing like crazy here and I've been bringing fresh in the house) then got major zoomies. She torn around the house like a wild beast up & down the stairs from one end of the house to the other then she totally conked out on the pile of nip. I got a little worried and roused her to make sure she was alive. She barely lifted her head, cracked her eyes a sliver then gave me a silent meow before dropping her head again. LOL! She slept hard last night.

Speaking of nip..... previously I'd posted about making cat nip toys but never followed up because someone warned me about wool and cats and it freaked me out (cats ingesting the fibers and getting a blockage). I've since looked it up and yes some cats have Pica where they eat things they shouldn't (I think we have someone here whose cat ate a dryer sheet) but it's not super common and I also found that many companies make cat toys out of wool which has to be better than all that crap that comes out of China/Indonesia.

Anyhoo... I made some and tested them out on my cats for a year and also gave some to a friend. None of our cats had issues with them and all loved them so..... if anyone is interested (and you know your cat doesn't have Pica) I'd be happy to make toys for your furry friends. Most likely it will be later in the summer after I harvest and dry the nip. It is good quality, very potent stuff with no spray or fertilizers. 100% wool with no chemical dyes. Toys are just wool from Romney sheep and home grown nip - no sewing so no thread. I needle felt them.

The finished product is much smoother than that picture of the blue bunny - it wasn't fully felted when I took that pic. They will get a little fuzzy with play but you can trim them up with scissors whenever necessary.

Name:	Catnip1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	297.3 KB 
ID:	372780

Name:	Catnip2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	372781

Name:	Catnip3.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	305.6 KB 
ID:	372782

Name:	catnip4.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	372783

I'm in to try one of those bad larrys out...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm in to try one of those bad larrys out...
    Great! You'll need to PM me a mailing addy. Like I said it will probably be later in the summer. The nip has been coming on strong so maybe sooner than later.

As you can see there I have several shapes - bear, fish, bunny, star, bird. I can also make a flower (4") snowflake (3") Christmas tree (3.5'), dog bone (3.5") and heart (3.25").

I've made the bear, fish, and star for my cats and overall the star is the favorite. I gave my friend the star and bunny and hers prefer the bunny (star is lost somewhere in the house - LOL!) I think they like the ones that they can toss around easily. The bear seems to be the least favorite and I wonder if the Christmas tree might be too big to easily toss.

The flower is in the shape of a 70s flower like this:

Name:  flower.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  11.6 KB

cat-tus

Name:	B41FB5C3-7A8F-4DAF-9832-2DA3D12E483C.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	553.5 KB 
ID:	372803
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

GG wants one of those toys.

Name:	Image1619478771.844549.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	372809

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    GG wants one of those toys.

Name:	Image1619478771.844549.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	372809

She's so darn cute! Sure think Gigi - I'll post about them again when I get closer to having them ready to ship out.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Ha-ha!

Name:  Zoomies.png
Views: 351
Size:  184.8 KB

Last night my female hit the nip hard (it's started growing like crazy here and I've been bringing fresh in the house) then got major zoomies. She torn around the house like a wild beast up & down the stairs from one end of the house to the other then she totally conked out on the pile of nip. I got a little worried and roused her to make sure she was alive. She barely lifted her head, cracked her eyes a sliver then gave me a silent meow before dropping her head again. LOL! She slept hard last night.
    I really enjoyed the last story line when the "man" brought home "kebble", instead of "kibble".

We're trying to find a replacement wet food treat, Savory Centers" that was discontinued

Just looking for wabbits

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Just looking for wabbits
    Some cats look much closer to their much larger wild cousin than others.
    This is one of them. Scaled down version of a cougar on the hunt.

^^^Thats why for our next cat I want the biggest Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest Cat I can find.
    Name it Bob
    Get a harness and take it for walks in our little village to freak out the touron yapper dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^Thats why for our next cat I want the biggest Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest Cat I can find.
    Name it Bob
    Get a harness and take it for walks in our little village to freak out the touron yapper dogs.
    Just get a cheetah and be done with it.