Page 293 of 345 FirstFirst ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 8612

Thread: Kitty Stoke

Well, perhaps if he is built like a raccoon and acts like a raccoon, he is a raccoon? How's your eyesight these days?

LOL, or maybe identifies as a racoon??

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Well, perhaps if he is built like a raccoon and acts like a raccoon, he is a raccoon? How's your eyesight these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    LOL, or maybe identifies as a racoon??
    Har.

He was a stray that showed up a couple years ago. Maybe he was raised by raccoons.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Har.

He was a stray that showed up a couple years ago. Maybe he was raised by raccoons.
    Google says it can happen.

https://www.newsweek.com/kitten-adop...mpster-1684475

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Google says it can happen.

https://www.newsweek.com/kitten-adop...mpster-1684475

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    HA! And that is exactly what Mischa aka Asscat looks like!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Anyone get their kitty neutered recently? The gf made the arrangements, and I went to pick up. 541 CAD. I remember when it was closer to $200. She did add on the optional bloodwork and got him chipped as well, but damn. Sticker shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Anyone get their kitty neutered recently? The gf made the arrangements, and I went to pick up. 541 CAD. I remember when it was closer to $200. She did add on the optional bloodwork and got him chipped as well, but damn. Sticker shock.
    I paid over $300 to have Moby neutuered and vaxxed a couple weeks ago.

I just noticed that one of the ferals living behind our office is prego. A guy has gotten most of them fixed, but this one was hard to capture. We already have 2 generations back there. I go out and chillax with them every once in a while when i need a break from the craziness.

Name:  20220421_182634.jpeg
Views: 254
Size:  66.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Name:  20220421_182634.jpeg
Views: 254
Size:  66.8 KB
    This amuses me.

One of these nap spots looks more precarious than the other...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220412_164042267.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	795.6 KB 
ID:	414061

A few days ago, same theme as some other pics. It is all I have to keep this most important thread on page 1.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Lots of kitty pictures playing in corrugated boxes in this thread. Do your cats actually play with purpose built "cat toys" other than KQ's bespoke felt cat nippers?

Festus & Wilma like this toy which is similar to a toy we saw them playing with in the shelter:
    Name:  Cat Toy Cats.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  64.2 KB

Mayhem doesn't play in that box. She sleeps there. And her favorite toys are not purpose built toys. She steals hair ties from my wife and bats those around. Or dirty q-tips from the trash. Always put those in a can she can't get into. She loses interest quickly in anything she's supposed to play with.

Kitteh reintegration update.

Cliff notes: Cats seem to remember each other and are doing well being back after 12yrs away.

So it's been 24 days since I brought Jimmy & Andy (aka new/old guys) home to reunite with their brothers after 12 years away. For the first week they were sequestered in a `12x12 apartment in they hayloft and their brothers were brought up so they could sniff through the chicken wire. After that they were allowed supervised outtings into the larger 36x48 hayloft without their brothers so they could explore without having to deal with potential conflict.

From there I let them down into the tackroom which is at the bottom of the hayloft stairs - again this was supervised for a short period and returned to the hayloft only now they had the run of the entire loft all day (door closed so brothers couldn't get up there while I wasn't there to referee).

A couple days of that lead to them being allowed into the barn aisle where their brothers were. This also allowed them familiarize themselves with using the cat door from the tackroom to the barn aisle. There was some hissing and one half ass swat but nothing else. I did this for a week, always while I was there. The last couple of days the old boys have really started to chill about their long lost brothers. While there was no cuddling there was close proximity and a few sniffs were shared. Yesterday one of the old boys decided he wanted to check out the apartment so I let him up with the two new/old guys. He inspected every inch of it going in all the beds and houses, sampling food, playing with toys and all the time the new/old guys sat watching in a relaxed state.

Today the new/old guys had their first supervised outting into an area behind the barn (this is an area they can see from one of the windows in their apartment). One of their brothers came out to join them. Things seem good (fingers crossed). Still going to be some time before they have unrestricted outside privileges.

For those of your who wanted to know about the cats remembering each other I would have to say that I believe they do. My old boys are not friendly to strays that show up and have driven any interlopers off. I have not seen that kind of aggression towards the two new/old guys.

One of the new/old guys, Jimmy has been quite timid about being out of the hayloft so I often have to carry him down. He will run back up the stairs half way once I put him down but then eventually comes out on his own. Andy has been "it's all good" since I brought him back.

I've used treats as rewards for all of them after "play dates" and was going to do scent swapping with some microfiber towels I'd put in their beds but things have gone so well that I don't see that as being needed now.

Andy & Jimmy exploring their old stomping ground after 12yrs away.

Name:	Kittehs1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	414115

Romeo joins his brothers Andy & Jimmy

Name:	Kittehs2.jpg 
Size:	831.4 KB 
ID:	414112

JimJam enjoying the tall grass

Name:	JimJamGrass.jpg 
Size:	466.6 KB 
ID:	414113
    Last edited by KQ; 04-23-2022 at 02:20 PM.

^ Nice, very nice.

But don’t you have a ranch/farm/whatever to run? In your spare time I guess.

That is so cool KQ, and sincere thanks for taking the time to document this (heroically methodical) reintroduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Lots of kitty pictures playing in corrugated boxes in this thread. Do your cats actually play with purpose built "cat toys" other than KQ's bespoke felt cat nippers?

Festus & Wilma like this toy which is similar to a toy we saw them playing with in the shelter:
    Name:  Cat Toy Cats.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  64.2 KB
    Both my barn and house cats have similar type toys that they love. They also have boxes (soooooo many Chewy boxes! ). My house cat Milo is a big box guy. I leave the packing paper in so he can dig around and get under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^ Nice, very nice.

But don’t you have a ranch/farm/whatever to run? In your spare time I guess.
    Yes and it has added to as well as taken away from my normal day but worth it and not forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    That is so cool KQ, and sincere thanks for taking the time to document this (heroically methodical) reintroduction.
    LOL! Yeah I know it's more than most would do but I needed to make sure things went well. I'd hate to have brought these two back only to have them run off never to be seen again. That would break my heart.

Edit/Add: if I didn't already have house cats I probably would have made these two into indoor/outdoor house cats and avoided all this rigmarole.

I will say that I think one of the keys to success was to create a place where the two new/old guys felt safe. Somewhere they could retreat to that was their own.
    Last edited by KQ; 04-23-2022 at 07:01 PM.

Our survivor at Rancho Highmen is extremely needy, completely out of character after the passing of his brother.
    Normally he would either napping or investigating something or swatting bottlecaps, but now he's coming by every 5 minutes, yowling and pawing.

What's the wisdom on getting another kitten? He was bonded before, so I think he'd either cotton on right away or at least adjust after a couple of weeks.

I'm inclined to get another, preferably a gray shorthair.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Our survivor at Rancho Highmen is extremely needy, completely out of character after the passing of his brother.
    Normally he would either napping or investigating something or swatting bottlecaps, but now he's coming by every 5 minutes, yowling and pawing.

What's the wisdom on getting another kitten? He was bonded before, so I think he'd either cotton on right away or at least adjust after a couple of weeks.

Time heals all wounds, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

Who doesn't love a kitten? I vote yes (says the woman with 11 cats)

Kitty Stoke

whenever anyone asks me if they should get a kitten I say “no! do not get a kitten! get two!”
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    whenever anyone asks me if they should get a kitten I say “no! do not get a kitten! get two!”
    All right, meow... Hand over your license and registration.

Two long lost brothers sitting in the grass. They've like this for 10 mins with no signs of moving. What do you suppose they are saying to one another?

Name:	20220425_092919.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	414319

Wow, that is pretty cool, like they're in the jungle.