Page 209 of 345 FirstFirst ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 8612

Thread: Kitty Stoke

A rare maned gargoyle (felis catus malus) admiring its reflection this morning:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201013_140012182.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	343376

Name:	PXL_20201013_140109958.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	343377

He's been pretty sedentary lately and really lethargic since Sat. We're having all the floors redone in the house and all the furniture is outside so I figured he's just annoyed at the disruption. Yesterday night I found him in his bed tucked under a house plant exactly where I had left him in the morning and figured something had to wrong. I dragged his ass out of there for a thorough inspection and sure enough he had an abscess the size of my hand on his flank. I know the drill by now, it's his 4th in as many months and the vet told me to just deal with it myself, so I put him Ugly in the sink, cleaned the area, and lanced the thing.
    I wasn't prepared for the level of carnage that ensued. This is by far the biggest abscess he's had, I must have pushed about 25cc of pus out of it. I had to massage his entire side from shoulder to butt to get all the shit to come out and was at it for about 15 minutes. He got really combative by the end and actually swung at me a bunch while I was trying not to let the smell get to me and puke on him. I got him cleaned up, gave him some antibiotics, and returned him to his bed where he promptly passed out. Did a couple more rounds of warm compresses and wound cleaning last night and when I went to bed I could hear his usual funny snoring sounds.

This morning he was back to his normal self, rambling and prancing around the house demanding attention (thus the sink pictures). His wound is still draining but it's not bothering him and it looks like the skin will be fine. The fur is gone though, good thing he's not entering any beauty contests...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Nice work, must have been a brutal job. Ugly rules.
    That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    A rare maned gargoyle (malus catus) admiring its reflection this morning (and apparently being unsure about it):

Name:	PXL_20201013_140012182.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	343376

Name:	PXL_20201013_140109958.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	343377

He's been pretty sedentary lately and really lethargic since Sat. We're having all the floors redone in the house and all the furniture is outside so I figured he's just annoyed at the disruption. Yesterday night I found him in his bed tucked under a house plant exactly where I had left him in the morning and figured something had to wrong. I dragged his ass out of there for a thorough inspection and sure enough he had an abscess the size of my hand on his flank. He's usually very tolerant but he started hissing immediately when I poked at it. I know the drill by now, it's his 4th in as many months and the vet told me to just deal with it myself, so I put a rather sluggish Ugly in the sink, cleaned the area, and lanced the thing.
    I wasn't prepared for the level of carnage that ensued though. This is by far the biggest abscess he's had, I must have pushed about 25cc of pus out of it. I had to massage his entire side from shoulder to butt to get all the shit to come out and was at it for about 15 minutes. He got really combative by the end and actually swung at me a bunch while I was trying not to let the smell get to me and puke on him. I got him cleaned up, gave him some antibiotics, and returned him to his bed where he promptly passed out. Did a couple more rounds of warm compresses and wound cleaning last night and this morning he was back to his normal self, rambling and prancing around the house demanding attention (thus the sink pictures). His wound is still draining but it's not bothering him and it looks like the skin will be fine. The fur is gone though, good thing he's not entering any beauty contests...
    oh my goodness i almost threw up just reading that description. yikes. glad ugly is doing better now, and thanks for the cute modeling pictures. i, for one, think that ugly SHOULD go into a beauty contest.

... good thing he's not entering any beauty contests...
    That made me laugh.

Glad he’s doing okay, props for the pus-squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    oh my goodness i almost threw up just reading that description. yikes. glad ugly is doing better now, and thanks for the cute modeling pictures. i, for one, think that ugly SHOULD go into a beauty contest.
    He and I are developing the same balding spot on top of our melons. It's not 100% yet but it's heading that way. Once he achieves a monk-like hairdo on top I think he'll have a better chance of winning contests.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I take it Ugly is not neutered?
    I had an intact male that was constantly getting abscesses due to injuries in fights
    That stopped when I had him fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I take it Ugly is not neutered?
    I had an intact male that was constantly getting abscesses due to injuries in fights
    That stopped when I had him fixed.
    He's neutered but dumber than average I guess. I see him in the neighbor's yard daily picking fights with their cat. He gets whooped every time and keeps going back to the well. The neighbors aren't complaining cause their cat doesn't ever seem to get injured, he's big and super furry which protects him. Ugly basically goes into the fight naked with that thin-ass fur of his... Petting him usually feels like running your hand across a greasy dirty cheese grader, he's covered in scabs.

I wonder if he needs his adrenal glands removed to nuke that last little bit of testosterone production.

Ugly's gonna Ugly.

How old was he when he got his nuts cut? Sometimes if you wait too late, they already got a good surge of testosterone in ‘em

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    How old was he when he got his nuts cut? Sometimes if you wait too late, they already got a good surge of testosterone in ‘em
    I have no idea. When I abducted him from Utah County he was about 4 or 5 years old (vet estimate). He showed up at my girlfriend's house one day looking even more haggard than he does now and suckered us into adopting him. He was chipped (with no info on the chip) and fixed so he must have been someone's pet at some point and presumably fixed early, can't imagine anyone would have wanted to use his ugly ass as a stud.
    He could also be a stray caught by one of the groups that fixes and releases them (we have one in SLC) but I doubt that they chip those cats, just snip them and let them back into their hoods.

Kitty Stoke

I have no idea. When I abducted him from Utah County he was about 4 or 5 years old (vet estimate). He showed up at my girlfriend's house one day looking even more haggard than he does now and suckered us into adopting him. He was chipped (with no info on the chip) and fixed so he must have been someone's pet at some point and presumably fixed early, can't imagine anyone would have wanted to use his ugly ass as a stud.
    He could also be a stray caught by one of the groups that fixes and releases them (we have one in SLC) but I doubt that they chip those cats, just snip them and let them back into their hoods.
    TNR rescue usually tips an ear to identify already altered.

Eartipping is the universal sign of an altered feral cat. One centimeter (1 cm) is removed from the tip of the left ear in a straight line cut
    Last edited by 4matic; 10-13-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    TNR rescue usually tips an ear to identify already altered.

Eartipping is the universal sign of an altered feral cat. One centimeter (1 cm) is removed from the tip of the left ear in a straight line cut
    Ugly is so freakin' cute!

Our HS asks if you want to have the ear tipped - at least they've asked me when I've brought in strays for fixing that I intend to release back on my farm.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Hey baby, get a load of me!

I think this is Peter Sellers reincarnated.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Buddies:

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Hey baby, get a load of me!

Well, I remember as it were a meal ago

Said Ugly the Cat as he reeled back to clear whatever foreign matter
    May have nestled its way into his mighty throat
    Many a fat alley rat had met its demise while staring point blank down
    The cavernous barrel of this awesome prowling machine
    Truly a wonder of nature this urban predator
    Tommy the Cat had many a story to tell
    But it was a rare occasion such as this that he did

She came slidin' down the alleyway like butter drippin' off a hot biscuit
    The aroma, the mean scent, was enough to arouse suspicion in even the
    Oldest of tigers that hung around the hot spot in those days
    The sight was beyond belief
    Many a head snapped for double--even triple--takes as this vivacious
    Feline made her her way into the delta of the alleyway where the most
    Virile of the young tabbies were known to hang out

They hung in droves
    Such a multitude of masculinity could only be found in one place
    And that was O'Malley's Alley

The air was thick with cat calls (no pun intended)
    But not even a muscle in her neck did twitch as she sauntered up into
    The heart of the alleyway
    She knew what she wanted
    She was lookin' for that stud bull
    She was looking for that he cat
    And that was me

Ugly the Cat is my name and I say unto thee

Say, baby, do you want to lay down with me?
    Say, baby, do you want to lay down by my side?
    Ah, baby, do you want to lay down with me?
    Say, baby?
    Say, baby?

Name:	20201014_141304.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	343478

Name:	20201014_141311.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	178.3 KB 
ID:	343479

Name:	20201014_141352.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	343480

Rat?

Attaboy.

Bigass rat!

Burmese FTMFW!!

Salem’s ashes arrived a day before we had a new arrival. A little bittersweet, but we decided not to wait to open our home & heart to a new fur-buddy. This is Sid! He’s about a year and a half they think. Personality for miles and took to us instantly!Name:  26CB5434-207D-40CD-BF06-31E69C3A080A.jpeg
Views: 176
Size:  140.4 KB
    Name:  36CEE74A-104B-43D6-B561-4C5F43BB0D2E.jpeg
Views: 185
Size:  116.5 KB

Name:	43DEC02D-CF60-4B9A-AD0C-2A2296A43708.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	352.4 KB 
ID:	343499

Cream tabby. Nice looking cat

Welcome, Sid

Sid!! I don't think I've ever seen a cream tabby before. Seems like a real cuddle bug and a great addition to your family. Good for you guys )

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk