Page 163 of 345 FirstFirst ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 8612

Thread: Kitty Stoke

Tgr meet Lala

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

So sweet! ^^^

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

watch out for snakes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200505_172519.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	327487
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post

So cute!

^^^ BAH!! Excellent! Spat out a mouthful of lunch when I saw it.

Name:	IMG_20200506_123711.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	327546

Name:	IMG_20200506_123816.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	327547

Always time for a belly rub.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Always time for a belly rub.
    HA! Excellent!
    Do you brush her at all? Old Man Artie's fur has been a mess of tangles lately and she's just about as furry as he is. We have to cut off knots on a daily basis while he rages at us. Can't imagine having to do that to a cat who is young and spry.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    HA! Excellent!
    Do you brush her at all? Old Man Artie's fur has been a mess of tangles lately and she's just about as furry as he is. We have to cut off knots on a daily basis while he rages at us. Can't imagine having to do that to a cat who is young and spry.
    No. I value having fingers. She does a pretty good job so far. We cut out a few Burdocks last month but no other maintenance.

No. I value having fingers. She does a pretty good job so far. We cut out a few Burdocks last month but no other maintenance.
    Brushing a cat's belly = certain death for sure. Artie gets Burdocks and plain knots on his neck (didn't use to but now he drools a lot and wet fur seems like it gets tangled easier) which puts him in a weird position to maul me as he absolutely loves the chin rubs. He will extend his neck for the rub and get completely paralyzed as long as I don't stop. He goes ballistic when he sees the scissors and I start pulling on his fur to isolate the knots but he can't do anything since he's too caught up in being petted. He'll growl and haul like a trapped wolf but never actually moves. Scary at first but once you get the hang of it it's easy. And non-senile cat though? I may try with chainmail gloves on...

Found a rescue that can handle our dog door situation. They said they have the best 18 month old kittie ever for us, so we go meet her tomorrow. I sure hope I have pics to post in a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I’m dyin
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Found a rescue that can handle our dog door situation. They said they have the best 18 month old kittie ever for us, so we go meet her tomorrow. I sure hope I have pics to post in a few days.
    Glad you found a place that is willing to listen to reason. Hope you bring kitty home, post pics for sure!

Fucking rescues sometimes... They'd rather keep kitties in cages rather than see them go to a home where they could roam free. Yeah yeah there's a chance they'll meet an untimely death and kill lots of birds along the way but shit, safe in a cage isn't a damn life. Cats aren't even fully domesticated, they belong outside with the full rule of their kingdom!

Way BITD I dated a girl who volunteered for a UT based rescue for labs (wrong thread jong) and we had ENDLESS arguments with them about doggie doors. They were strong proponents of dogs staying inside and only going out with their person for walks, apparently the risk of escape was too high if the dogs were unattended. They were mainly working to get old labs adopted, the ones that despicable POS families abandon when they want a new puppy (death to these assholes btw). These senior dogs couldn't be bothered to escape if a sausage truck got in a accident on the other side of the fence but these idiots wanted us to lock them in the house unless we were around. We told them to eat shit, stopped working with them, and kept the 3 black labs we were fostering. All 3 had grand old lives and died of old age.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Tgr meet Lala

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    Sweet sweet baby!

Glad you found a place that is willing to listen to reason. Hope you bring kitty home, post pics for sure!

Fucking rescues sometimes... They'd rather keep kitties in cages rather than see them go to a home where they could roam free. Yeah yeah there's a chance they'll meet an untimely death and kill lots of birds along the way but shit, safe in a cage isn't a damn life. Cats aren't even fully domesticated, they belong outside with the full rule of their kingdom!

Way BITD I dated a girl who volunteered for a UT based rescue for labs (wrong thread jong) and we had ENDLESS arguments with them about doggie doors. They were strong proponents of dogs staying inside and only going out with their person for walks, apparently the risk of escape was too high if the dogs were unattended. They were mainly working to get old labs adopted, the ones that despicable POS families abandon when they want a new puppy (death to these assholes btw). These senior dogs couldn't be bothered to escape if a sausage truck got in a accident on the other side of the fence but these idiots wanted us to lock them in the house unless we were around. We told them to eat shit, stopped working with them, and kept the 3 black labs we were fostering. All 3 had grand old lives and died of old age.
    Here in W2 we have a local "lost and found pets" FB page. Every-single-day there are at least half a dozen posts for lost dogs. It's freakin' crazy and IMO very sad.

The number of lost cats is big too. So many cases of people moving and their cat escaping while they are moving stuff in or out of the house or people traveling with their cat loose in the car. WTF? You can keep the cat in a crate in a closed room like the bathroom until you're done? Makes me sad and crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Here in W2 we have a local "lost and found pets" FB page. Every-single-day there are at least half a dozen posts for lost dogs. It's freakin' crazy and IMO very sad.

The number of lost cats is big too. So many cases of people moving and their cat escaping while they are moving stuff in or out of the house or people traveling with their cat loose in the car. WTF? You can keep the cat in a crate in a closed room like the bathroom until you're done? Makes me sad and crazy.
    Half of the posts on the local NextDoor group are for lost pets. In UT it gets even worse in the summer with the constant backyard fireworks shows which scare the piss out of cats and dogs. All of July is fireworks season with people starting a wekk before the 4th to warm-up and taking it all the way to mid-August to ramp down after PieaAndBeer day.
    I've captured 2 runaway kitties already this spring. When I see signs stapled over fences and electric poles with lost kitties I bring one home and leave it by the front door so I can identify random cats in the front yard. And if Ugly is out they always end up on the porch with him for some reason, he inspires confidence and allows me to catch them.

On the other hand we have 2 weird ladies a few blocks away who lost and indoor kitty in March and have left signs everywhere. Ms Boissal spotted a cat matching the description a few weeks ago and called the number on the sign. She got an earful about the stupid cat and it took her a while to realize the number is for the cat owner's lady friend who is not a cat person. Why the actual kitty parent didn't list their number is still unclear... Angry lady showed up at the house, asked me to confirm the size and shape of kitty's angel patch, then proceeded to get annoyed at me for not being descriptive enough (I never saw the cat myself). She then unloaded a trap from her car and planted it on our front-yard. I pointed out that Ugly would be in there within 5 minutes to get the wet food but she assured me it wouldn't be the case as she brought a blanket her cat likes and no other cat would want to go in a place that is so obviously marked. Not 3 minutes later I had to go free Ugly and replace the wet food. Then it rained hard and the blanket got soaked and the newspaper at the bottom of the cage got all shredded. Then Hobbes got trapped in there. Then the lady came back and instead of keeping the blanked inside the cage she covered the whole thing with it so kitty would feel more cozy if he strolled in. That blocked the trap mechanism and she refused to hear reason about that too. Then Ugly managed to get trapped despite the blanket. Finally some random neighborhood cat got trapped in there and when Ms Boissal freed it it has a long laceration on its face from trashing around in the trap. So we called the lady and asked her to retrieve her trap. She got mad at us for not helping.

I imagine the trap is now in the neighbor's yard and that's why Ugly is missing. The other kitty is probably enjoying his new life away from the psycho couple,

Re fur brushing - even the spaziest cats will eventually allow you to brush them if you keep trying. Even the bellies. Ok, sometimes maybe.

Same goes for nail trimming.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Re fur brushing - even the spaziest cats will eventually allow you to brush them if you keep trying. Even the bellies. Ok, sometimes maybe.

Your patience and tolerance for getting mauled must be legendary!

Your patience and tolerance for getting mauled must be legendary!
    Married?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post

Do they really require it?

Fucked if I know! They sure enjoy it though. And it seems to encourage them to initiate a major grooming session. Can be useful if you need them distracted for a few minutes.

Does your hair need to be combed? A long haired cat should be brushed out at least once a week or they will get matted.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.