Page 298 of 345 FirstFirst ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 8605

Thread: Kitty Stoke

In talking together and looking at the options we feel comfortable with, I guess I am building a catio off the side yard for our next kitties (wife wants two). Something like the below, just much larger.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-20 130039.png
Views: 387
Size:  836.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Kitty jail. Always build a double door with a holding space for the cat enclosure. You've been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Kitty jail. Always build a double door with a holding space for the cat enclosure. You've been warned.
    Wisdom speaking.

We have a cat in serious liver failure that we've managed to nurse back from the edge and thought she'd appreciate a catio vacation from her inside hospice enclosure ..... nuh uh, she flung herself repreatedlby against the surrounding chicken wire ( OK, maybe she was just insulted that we equated her with a chicken) to the point of self-harm. Cat gratitude is a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Sorry for this post in the stoke thread, but we don't have it is just a cat thread.
    We lost our Misty Gomez at about 7:50 am today. She was hit by a F250 darting across the road as reported to me by a neighbor.
    We were walking the dogs when we got word. We ran home and found her. Thankfully a neighbor moved her out of the street.
    Needless to say we are all crushed. I have a hole in my heart that will take a long time to heal.
    Misty was only 3 years old and the most loving cat we eve had. She loved live as everyday was her best day ever.
    I am having a hard time dealing with her passing and the nature of it. Forever in my heart. I will love you Misty Gomez.
    So sad. Vibes to you and the family. Misty was quite the regal beast.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

So my house policy of no cats (not a fan of well-fed invasive predator species in subdivisions, so many cats here and the birds definitely suffer) has been firmly over-ruled by fate.

On the annual fishing trip to the coast, we stop at an old family friend of my wife’s. He an elderly fella on a property that is no longer farmed. No farm animals anymore but there are a few feral felines around. Well, daughter went exploring in the old hay barn, and heard the cries of this little one
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1655858376.117240.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	419510
    All alone, about 3 or 4wks old, and appeared to be abandoned by the mother. Despite us suffering its cries all night when we left it back in the barn to try and call back its mother, no luck. Couldn’t find any more of the litter if there was any, maybe the male came and killed a few, or another predator, or…?

The old gentleman farmer made the deal with me that if it is still around when we come back through on the way home, we would take responsibility for it. He cared for it well enough that there it was when we came back through on the return trip. He almost looked sad at letting it go, but daughter was ecstatic. The play-by-play commentary from the back seat lasted several hours until the both of them crashed.

Name:	Image1655858646.197816.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	419511

So now we have our first cat. Just visited the vet today and all looks good. Still on milk replacement, but definitely active and attached itself to us quite readily. Stands it’s ground to the hound when she came sniffing to see what’s up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1655858917.910683.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	419512

yeah, that dog don’t know what it’s in for yet…

I just want to say, Awww!

Yup, that is a cute kitten
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Cooling off in the grass on a 90 degree day

Name:	20220622_161415.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	419619
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Sweet!

Beautiful little girl and her new buddy.

Well done.
    watch out for snakes

So cute in so many ways

https://fb.watch/dXjQ7hrdDi/
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

^^^ guess there's one cat out there who isn't a murderous fiend!

Hobbes lounging in the sun this morning:

Name:	PXL_20220627_151458314.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	420185

And Ugly lounging, well, on a table, and about to fall off:

Name:	PXL_20220628_013512877.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	420186
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Love a cat with a broken tooth. Life lived.

Another one living the hard life these days:

Name:	PXL_20220629_170001536.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	420278

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Another one living the hard life these days:

Name:	PXL_20220629_170001536.jpg 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	420278
    How long before he falls off, usually?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    How long before he falls off, usually?
    Not long, he's very wobbly. Once he's down he takes a bunch of laps around the house, wailing angrily the whole time. If you get in the way he hisses and adds a lap to the rotation. Then he settles in the same spot. Rinse and repeat. It lasts until I move him to his bed at night. The life of an old cat.

Out other senior kitty is nose diving rapidly, he lost vision in one eye fairly suddenly this summer (luxated lens, creepy shit) and recently his other eye got all cloudy. I think he's almost completely blind and has adjusted to that by spending hours screaming at us. When we pick him up he stops screaming but starts clawing. I had to rescue him a few times from the neighbor across the street, he was lost and wailing pitifully. Now he sticks around the house so he can make more noise at us. I don't think he's going to last long, he's losing weight pretty fast regardless of what we feed him. He's always been a picky eater but now he seems to have perpetual diarrhea on top of refusing most food. And he developed a real nasty habit of getting in a litter box but somehow keeping his ass at the edge of completely outside of it to do his thing. It's super gross.

Weird thing is, they're both 14 and horribly decrepit. Hobbes and Ugly are 12 and look like they're less than half their age. They were all outside kitties, hard to understand why one pair is so geriatric and the other is still out there living it up...

And he developed a real nasty habit of getting in a litter box but somehow keeping his ass at the edge of completely outside of it to do his thing. It's super gross.
    Put puppy pads at the edge of the box with just a bit under the box and the rest extending outward.

I have a female who for some reason will from time to time stand in the box and pee with her butt pointing out. I started putting puppy pads down like a door mat and it works like a charm. When I notice she's done that I just throw it away and put a clean one down.
    Last edited by KQ; 06-30-2022 at 01:28 PM.

Not long, he's very wobbly. Once he's down he takes a bunch of laps around the house, wailing angrily the whole time. If you get in the way he hisses and adds a lap to the rotation. Then he settles in the same spot. Rinse and repeat. It lasts until I move him to his bed at night. The life of an old cat.

Out other senior kitty is nose diving rapidly, he lost vision in one eye fairly suddenly this summer (luxated lens, creepy shit) and recently his other eye got all cloudy. I think he's almost completely blind and has adjusted to that by spending hours screaming at us. When we pick him up he stops screaming but starts clawing. I had to rescue him a few times from the neighbor across the street, he was lost and wailing pitifully. Now he sticks around the house so he can make more noise at us. I don't think he's going to last long, he's losing weight pretty fast regardless of what we feed him. He's always been a picky eater but now he seems to have perpetual diarrhea on top of refusing most food. And he developed a real nasty habit of getting in a litter box but somehow keeping his ass at the edge of completely outside of it to do his thing. It's super gross.

Weird thing is, they're both 14 and horribly decrepit. Hobbes and Ugly are 12 and look like they're less than half their age. They were all outside kitties, hard to understand why one pair is so geriatric and the other is still out there living it up...
    Vibes man. Hopefully it was a good run.

Emma enjoying some cat grass.

Name:	IMG_20220701_094455388_HDR.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	420462

hidey cat in plain sight.

Name:	FEBE2DE7-93F1-4964-A1CE-0CBE827814EC.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	818.2 KB 
ID:	420533

We brought home Smokey on Friday night. She hid but finally came out Saturday night to give us 45 minutes of snuggles. My wife wants to call her Freyja.

Name:  Freyja.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  132.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    We brought home Smokey on Friday night. She hid but finally came out Saturday night to give us 45 minutes of snuggles. My wife wants to call her Freyja.

Name:  Freyja.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  132.8 KB
    Awwwww so sweet

From reddit: Zorro and Bandit are ready to fight crime

Name:  ZB.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  281.0 KB

Anti-stoke warning. The cat population at Casa de Boissal was reduced by 50% this morning. It was a tough decision but the quality of life of both of Ms Boissal's kitties had been declining significantly over the past few months and it was time to let them move on to a better place.

Simon lost an eye about a year ago and adjusted seamlessly but his other eye clouded up about 2 months ago and he became completely blind. He has really struggled since then to navigate the house. Dodging the dog was a huge issue, she's also half blind and tramples him routinely. He stopped going outside for the most part as he'd get lost, I had to retrieve his panicked ass from various neighboring yards a few times. He was basically restricted to the occasional trip to the patio and 2 rooms he knew well. He lost a bunch of weight during that time and started to have constant diarrhea. Lately he had taken to meowing angrily until we picked him up and held him. The second we put him back down he'd start again and was looking really unhappy these past 10 days.

Artie has been a mess for ages but his neurological disorder got worse around the time Simon got blind. He occasionally looked like himself and frolicked about (mostly right after shitting outside of his litter box) but most of the time he leaned to the side like a drunken sailor. His gait was perma-fucked and he couldn't get around too well, moving at a glacial pace, falling off furniture if he even managed to get up on them. He was also fond of wailing endlessly and would do it at any hour of the day or night. The past couple weeks he became aggressive with the dog and even with us if we happened to be in his spot on the couch. And he started pissing exclusively outside of the litter boxes about 2 weeks ago. Before that he was 50/50.

The vet came this morning to assess them. We were ready for it but when she said it was time for both it hit really hard. Ms Boissal dealt with it better than I did. I basically fled to work while she put on her favorite Simon and Garfunkel album and watched her kitties of 16 years cross the rainbow bridge to the tune of Bridge Over Troubled Water. Harsh for her after losing her dog this fall.

Ugly and Hobbes are 12, hope we get a bunch more years out of the furry assholes.

Here are some pics of the ginger brothers, litter mates, together for 16 short years.
    Got something in my eye again, damn it.

Name:	IMG_20190316_114352.jpg 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	421263

Name:	IMG_20190812_190053.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	421264

Name:	IMG_20200717_182815.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	421265

Name:	PXL_20210209_041435278.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	421266

Name:	IMG_20191117_215654.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	421267

Anti-stoke warning. The cat population at Casa de Boissal was reduced by 50% this morning. It was a tough decision but the quality of life of both of Ms Boissal's kitties had been declining significantly over the past few months and it was time to let them move on to a better place.
    I shall pour out a couple drams of rum in their honor...

Goddammit - now I got something in my eye.