Page 124 of 345 FirstFirst ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 8605

Thread: Kitty Stoke

Sorry to hear About Oreo

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Little kitty often has what I call the "flippy do's" when she is asleep.

It can be painful if she is on my lap as usual.
    watch out for snakes

RIP Oreo.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

So sad about Oreo. Chase small rodents in peace little guy.
    Condolences Fugi.

I guardz the stairess for you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191107_082559.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	301337
    I see hydraulic turtles.

M'kay?

Name:	IMG_20191107_082602.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	301338
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Marta checking out the view from her newly installed door and posing in front of her house.

(The cat door is around the side on a north facing wall to avoid the wind and because the door is metal. It was easier to cut the sheeting)

Name:	20191106_090058.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	301345Name:  20191107_070406.jpeg
Views: 219
Size:  111.9 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Marta has a very nice house.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I guardz the stairess for you

Name:	IMG_20191107_082559.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	301337
    Mine too!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Is that chip door?

Moar kitteh bellyz!

Name:	IMG_20191107_124717.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	301367
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Almost never have been able to photo these two together

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Almost never have been able to photo these two together
    They are definitely figuring out between them how to eat you first.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Is that chip door?
    No, just a regular door like all the others I have. None of my cats are chipped. If I lose them it's to cars or wildlife.

I know you're thinking if it was chipped only she could get in but she's pretty fierce and able to dissuade any others from encroaching on her territory. My barn cats have been fine for 10 years now with regular doors.

I wonder how those chip doors hold up in extreme weather - if they stop working after a while. They are battery powered. Our winter temps are routinely below freezing and do go into the negatives. Would it be possible that the cat could not enter if the door failed?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Anyone else have a cat that likes to sleep at night wrapped around your head? It's cute and all until my cat takes up the entire f-ink pillow!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Moar kitteh bellyz!
    Roger that

Name:	20180813_125749 (3).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	301378

Name:	20190922_201827.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	660.7 KB 
ID:	301379

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Would it be possible that the cat could not enter if the door failed?
    It's possible. They can be put on override to always open if needed. I'm sure your situation is fine. For me it was safety and sanitation. Skunks and Raccoons in the garage and shed is a no go. My friends got a regular one and were awoken with various cats and varmint so they had to get a chip door.

I tried to put a thundercoat on old man Artie last night to see if reducing his anxiety will help with not peeing everywhere. I'm surprised the neighbors didn't call the cops on suspicions that I was gutting pigs / murdering hookers in the house. The second the thing touched him he started screaming and hissing at me, I wrestled with him for a minute and had to give up given the extent of the commotion. We gave it another go with Ms B once she got home and it was as if we were stabbing him with hot pokers. Fortunately he's all bark (meow) and no bite given his advanced age and weakness but he sure makes it sound like he's going to rip your eyes out. He went limp the second we managed to velcro the thing around his belly and acted as if he were paralyzed for an hour, just laying there and growling intermittently. He must have forgotten the coat though cause he eventually got up and started roaming around. He doesn't look very comfortable though and is even more pissy than usual so I don't think the coat is going to be the miracle solution for him...

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    It's possible. They can be put on override to always open if needed. I'm sure your situation is fine. For me it was safety and sanitation. Skunks and Raccoons in the garage and shed is a no go. My friends got a regular one and were awoken with various cats and varmint so they had to get a chip door.
    If I ever get another cat (meaning after the 4 we have right now die) I'll go the chip door route for sure. When I lived in SLC (Sugarhouse, not exactly the wilderness) I had raccoons coming in the house on a weekly basis. The last one I saw wasn't even that concerned, he just kept running a tiny bit faster than I was and staying out of reach of my foot as I chased him around the living room trying to kick him.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I tried to put a thundercoat on old man Artie last night to see if reducing his anxiety will help with not peeing everywhere. I'm surprised the neighbors didn't call the cops on suspicions that I was gutting pigs / murdering hookers in the house. The second the thing touched him he started screaming and hissing at me, I wrestled with him for a minute and had to give up given the extent of the commotion. We gave it another go with Ms B once she got home and it was as if we were stabbing him with hot pokers. Fortunately he's all bark (meow) and no bite given his advanced age and weakness but he sure makes it sound like he's going to rip your eyes out. He went limp the second we managed to velcro the thing around his belly and acted as if he were paralyzed for an hour, just laying there and growling intermittently. He must have forgotten the coat though cause he eventually got up and started roaming around. He doesn't look very comfortable though and is even more pissy than usual so I don't think the coat is going to be the miracle solution for him...
    When I put the suitical on my female after her surgery she fell over and laid there like she was in a straight jacket. You could just see the wheels turning in her little fur brain thinking "If I ever get out of this thing I'm calling the ASPCA." The drama was hysterical. She eventually got up and moved around and did all her usual things just fine. I do think that it kept here a bit calmer. She seemed to nap more when she had it on.

Re chip doors: if your cat's chip is much older than 8 years, it may not work well, if at all, with some brands of doors. And our vet wouldn't remove the old chip and replace - claimed the chip registry won't allow decommissioning and replacement. Could be smoke ......

Are you supposed to register when your cat dies with the chip people? If you don’t, do they think the fucking cat lives forever?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Are you supposed to register when your cat dies with the chip people? If you don’t, do they think the fucking cat lives forever?
    Not sure why it really matters since the point of the chip is to identify found cats.

My parents had a stray cat show up this fall; they brought it to a vet, who told them it was chipped, but that the chip database said it was dead. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    My parents had a stray cat show up this fall; they brought it to a vet, who told them it was chipped, but that the chip database said it was dead. Weird.
    Zombie cat!