Page 307 of 345 FirstFirst ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 8612

Thread: Kitty Stoke

They are KQ. I bought them some little mouse toys with catnip in them today. What a crack up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Nice to hear they're already getting along. There will probably be a few more smackdowns for random reasons but not having kitty conflict is nice.

Had a scare with Ugly over the weekend, even as an old man he can't help himself and gets in fights all the time. He's been dealing with an abscess for a while now, I drained it once and it was on the mend but it flared up again and he started acting lethargic and limping. Thought the infection had crept into the joint which can get deadly really fast. Vet neighbor is of course out of town and all 3 pet ERs in the valley were overrun this weekend, refusing new patients no matter how bad the situation. I called every hour for most of Sat afternoon/night hoping they'd lift their hold but no luck.
    Eventually got my hands on antibiotics (for people but the same are used for kitties) and got him started on that. Immediate improvement and he's already back to his old self. He has lost some weight over the past 3 months though and is going for a checkup next week. He's probably diabetic from years of overindulging...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Bones IV. Great cat. Likes the dog Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1403.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	998.0 KB 
ID:	425656
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1390.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	425657

Love the orange eyes. I wanted to adopt one like yours and was told no black cats
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    was told no black cats
    Who had the audacity to tell you that? Black cats are glorious!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Nice to hear they're already getting along. There will probably be a few more smackdowns for random reasons but not having kitty conflict is nice.

Had a scare with Ugly over the weekend, even as an old man he can't help himself and gets in fights all the time. He's been dealing with an abscess for a while now, I drained it once and it was on the mend but it flared up again and he started acting lethargic and limping. Thought the infection had crept into the joint which can get deadly really fast. Vet neighbor is of course out of town and all 3 pet ERs in the valley were overrun this weekend, refusing new patients no matter how bad the situation. I called every hour for most of Sat afternoon/night hoping they'd lift their hold but no luck.
    Eventually got my hands on antibiotics (for people but the same are used for kitties) and got him started on that. Immediate improvement and he's already back to his old self. He has lost some weight over the past 3 months though and is going for a checkup next week. He's probably diabetic from years of overindulging...
    Wow! Glad he's on the mend.

One of my barn cats got stomped by a deer. He's eating and everything but has a YUGE swelling over his left hip that under no circumstances am I to touch with anything more than a feather like brush of my hand.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Wow! Glad he's on the mend.

One of my barn cats got stomped by a deer. He's eating and everything but has a YUGE swelling over his left hip that under no circumstances am I to touch with anything more than a feather like brush of my hand.
    Damn, was he trying to mess with the deer? Hard to imagine a cat finding himself under a deer but you never know with cats, they prey drive kicks in at the most random time and the size of the prey doesn't see to matter much...

Does he live in NH and did the new neighbors stop by to exchange digits and ask him to tea? That's worth fighting.

My Kitty so small now. I’m worried
    I think he’s getting better he eats about 12 ounces of soft food a day
    But he’s skin and bones. Vet appointment next week
    He hates it

Name:	5972ECEF-FA88-45B6-951D-5D5C5B3903BE.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	670.4 KB 
ID:	425668Click image for larger version. 

ID:	425668
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    My Kitty so small now. I’m worried
    I think he’s getting better he eats about 12 ounces of soft food a day
    But he’s skin and bones. Vet appointment next week
    He hates it

ID:	425668Click image for larger version. 

ID:	425668
    Happened to our cat a few years ago and turned out it was hyperthyroidism, which is apparently very common in older cats.

Started some medicine and he’s back up to a reasonable weight. The medicine isn’t that expensive (~30 cents a day if bought from Chewy.com; from the vet it’s much more), but since it’s prescription the vet needs to sign off, and they’re going to make sure they see you once or twice a year to get their cut…

Damn, was he trying to mess with the deer? Hard to imagine a cat finding himself under a deer but you never know with cats, they prey drive kicks in at the most random time and the size of the prey doesn't see to matter much...
    The deer are insane. They hate cats (and fox) and will go after them whenever the opportunity presents itself and since I have a lot of both it happens often.

Last night two of my cats at the barn were squaring off - hissing and howling when all the sudden a deer comes firing around the corner from the front of the barn with this look on her face like she was going to kick some cat butt. She slammed on the brakes when she saw me but stood there staring intently at the cats for some time. She was pissed.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The deer are insane. They hate cats (and fox) and will go after them whenever the opportunity presents itself and since I have a lot of both it happens often.

Last night two of my cats at the barn were squaring off - hissing and howling when all the sudden a deer comes firing around the corner from the front of the barn with this look on her face like she was going to kick some cat butt. She slammed on the brakes when she saw me but stood there staring intently at the cats for some time. She was pissed.
    Shit I had no idea, I thought deer just ran away from anything bigger than a mouse. Deer intervention is not a bad option to separate fighting cats though...

That's way more interesting than what I got. I came home the other week to find Mayhem staring down a neighbor cat in the driveway. No noises, just hair on end. They didn't flinch when I pulled in so I opened the garage door with the remote. They startled. Mayhem scooted under a car and the other cat booked around the corner of the house.

Deer in Sisters are known to stomp down Rottweilers and coyotes. In the latter case three does pinned the ‘yote at a fence corner before delivering the whoop ass.

I am so happy Freya is finally friends with Skye. They were so cute playing together this morning and once nap time rolled around Freya laid down with a sleeping baby Skye.

Name:  Friends II.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  131.2 KB

Kinda makes it all worth while, doesn't it?
    Color me happily jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Kinda makes it all worth while, doesn't it?
    Color me happily jealous.
    Yeah, l2s should keep that picture close when they start shitting in his shoes and puking on the carpets.

O, with 2 long haired cats, there is puke on carpets for sure. Good news is with 4 cat boxes around the house, they manage to keep the shit in one or another.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    O, with 2 long haired cats, there is puke on carpets for sure. Good news is with 4 cat boxes around the house, they manage to keep the shit in one or another.
    If you're going to invite animals to live your house with you it is what it is and "this is why we can't have nice things." <shrug> The trade off is you don't have cuddly furry fun things that love you. I'll take cuddly furry fun things.

I must admit, if I get to choose, I'll go short hair over long hair, but since when did the human ever get to choose the cat? Always the reverse.

All our animals and the people living in the house have long hair, except for the new inmate, Baby Skye. Besides being so damn cute, we needed her to meet diversity requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    …. since when did the human ever get to choose the cat? Always the reverse.
    TRUTH

^^^ standard cat move. Can't be bothered to play, can't let the dog have a good time

Flop, roll, fully extend toes, expose belly, violently attack whoever has the audacity to try and pet said belly:

Name:	original_23149e08-cf8f-4105-8e2f-2bce95f22c12_PXL_20220908_015359827.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	425844

Name:	20220908_112611.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	425848