bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?

Firing your client...

I am at wit's end with these people. 4.5 hours with them and they are guaranteed to ruin my evening plans.
    I am surfing the web between shots because they are just that slow. Models not on time, changes not decided or ready, hair and makeup disorganized...

At this rate, they will pay my monthly expenses in one day... so I am being positive. Yet a part of me hates this level of waste. I want to get paid for work and not their disorganization.

At the end of the day (or tomorrow) I will have a conversation with them and do some client management. They need to know how to properly prepare for this type of work to lessen their expenses and have a productive day at the same time. We could be much more productive and I could have better quality product for my portfolio and theirs if they knew how to get it together.

It's a good thing I keep a flashlight, safety pins, leather man tool, tape and other sundries in my kit. What kind of stylist worth their salt is without tape and safety pins?

One plus - their catering, though late, is delicious!

/rant

Anyone else have 'difficult' clients? I need a more comprehensive 'client education' document.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Be sure to add your monthly internet access fee to the expenses for the assignment. You couldn't have completed it without logging on.

;-).

Have fun.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

My god you are straight pimpin! Clients who 1) serve you food, 2) don't care about you're time, 3) pay no matter what are GOOD clients. Bad clients complain about every minute you charge them and every extra you bill for, and then don't pay. You're doing it wrong!

BTW, my advice would be to give them your best advice and focus on how it will benefit them, and reduce their bills. nothing negative needed or how you could benefit more. you are their employee. let them know they are paying out the ass for you, and they don't need to be doing that. they will love you for that. keep the flaming, talking down, and your personal benefits out of the story and they will call you again.

(I can't believe I'm giving you advice, so take it with a grain of salt).
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Done. Gave some feedback, and got some good info as well.
    Also learned another lesson in patience.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Bottom line, is you are working for them, and if they choose to use your time inefficiently, it is there prerogative. Assuming they are paying for it at your rates, and are not cutting them any slack.

It is good client management to help them get the most out of your time, and get the best service possible, but ultimately it is their choice.

As far as firing client, if you just don't like working with them, that is fine. I do it with a simple letter offering to send client records to the veterinarian of their choice, and simply state that I choose to no longer provide them veterinary services. No need to comment on why, or to write anything they may take as an insult. Just say thank you, but no thank you.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Bottom line, is you are working for them, and if they choose to use your time inefficiently, it is there prerogative. Assuming they are paying for it at your rates, and are not cutting them any slack.

It is good client management to help them get the most out of your time, and get the best service possible, but ultimately it is their choice.

As far as firing client, if you just don't like working with them, that is fine. I do it with a simple letter offering to send client records to the veterinarian of their choice, and simply state that I choose to no longer provide them veterinary services. No need to comment on why, or to write anything they may take as an insult. Just say thank you, but no thank you.
    Unless the clients are your friends. In that case you work way too long on a project and get paid peanuts. Plus the added bonus of 50 phone calls a day about said project.

Still in the top three best things about being your own boss.

Sweet necro bump.

I miss bklyn