Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bozeman...

Quote Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
    Huh, I guess I never put the regulars at The Legion in with the same (or "that") crowd as the Rockin R & Crystal...looks like I need to get out more. The Legion seems like a mish mash of people that want to dance to crappy R&B - I go there early for cheap drinks - the Crystal and Rockin R seems to be just the typical 20's crowd??? While those are not my favorites by a mile, I'll take them over the snobbery that abounds from Boodles or Plonk any day of the week. But more on the original topic...there do "seem" to be a lot of hotties roaming the streets this summer...I'm guessing tourists or someting!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I'm more of a triangle man, myself, though I do enjoy the Cat's Paw. Maybe I need to go there now. It is too fucking hot and they have nice A/C.
    I would have never guessed a town in Montana could have establishments such as the Rockin R, Crystal, Boodles, Plonk, Triangle, or the Cat's Paw. What has happened to the American West?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Seriously, all the best bars in Montana have good old fashioned names like Charlie B's, the Old Post, and the Union Club. You will also find lots of hot chicks at these fine establishments.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Seriously, all the best bars in Montana have good old fashioned names like Charlie B's, the Old Post, and the Union Club.
    And the Stockman's. Most every town has a Stockman's.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    You will also find lots of hot chicks at these fine establishments.
    Well, maybe at the Stockman's.

I remember the Top Hat in MSO in the 70s. 'Hot' chicks only for certain values of hot. And the Eastgate Lounge...

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I would have never guessed a town in Montana could have establishments such as the Rockin R, Crystal, Boodles, Plonk, Triangle, or the Cat's Paw. What has happened to the American West?
    It's been turned into a shopping mall.

There a plenty of good looking chicks around here. All of them are equally disinterested in me.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
    Boodles or Plonk
    What the fuck?

I know I've left town, and didn't go to bars much when I was there, but someone actually named bars Boodles and Plonk?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Dave, you missed out on some of the finer points of living here in regards to the bar scene.

Oh well.

Boodles has been the nice restaurant/bar on Main Street for a long time. It's good for what it is. Main was just fine with one bar where you're not allowed to smoke and the bar stools have ass cushions. If you want to drink good mixed drinks or take a girl out somewhere that'll impress her, it's a good choice. But it's mainly a restaurant.

Plonk is a foo-foo wine bar that's been open for about four years.

We have a decent amount of ratty low key bars that are great, the filling station (VFW), The Eagles Club, The Hideaway, the Hofbrau, etc...
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

I'd just like to add that while I was in town we hit up the Ale Haüs, Eagles Club, Filling Station, the VFW on Main and 317, mainly because the Pour House was still closed.

And despite all of this I still maintain that Bozeman, at least during the summer, is STOCKED full of hot women. I would even extend this to Belgrade, if you can manage to look around the pregnant women drinking and smoking at the bars and the ones with obvious METH problems.

Two words - Rich Fucks
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

I think it's camped out down at The Filler. Hans makes a mean PBR.
    "Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is" -Charles DeMar
    Never argue with an idiot..They always drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

no mention of the Buffalo Station???
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    no mention of the Buffalo Station???
    R.I.P.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

sigh......all good things I suppose.

What happened?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

served an underage kid, he went out and killed himself and a friend of mine's dad. both families sued and won.
    Last edited by fez; 07-23-2008 at 11:46 AM.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

no good.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Has Bozeman really changed that much? I must really be old- a thread about hot women in the Bozone, who would have thought!

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    served an underage kid, he went out and killed himself and a friend of mine's dad. both families sued and won.

wow- tough. dwi?
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

yeah, the kid had been drinking at stacey's in gallatin gateway first, then on to the station. rolled out with a 0.16 BAC and hit my friend's mom and dad while they were riding down the road on their harley. kid killed himself and the dad, mom lived.

both the kids parents and my friend's family sued. the station was found 51% liable, stacey's less liable. the kid had someone else's military id that looked pretty much like him i guess.
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    What the fuck?

I know I've left town, and didn't go to bars much when I was there, but someone actually named bars Boodles and Plonk?
    The funniest thing about this comment is that leroy jenkins has actually been in Boodles and just doesn't remember - - - we walked in there one night fairly lit up, ordered a beer, looked around and left quickly.

Who was at the closing night of the Zebra above ? Broken glass, busted lips and a assault/beating on a innocent bystander. I left before things got ugly.

Aside from that.
    Montana is the new Colorado.
    Blabity bla, woofity woof.

Nah, Idaho is the new Coloradbro. Just check your sig.

hot girl bozeman is not actual bozeman. there's a reason we call it the "bozeman ratio"

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    R.I.P.

Shitty deal, damn shame all around. That place had some talent.

I thought of you today M, drove down that road that has the old MT License plate FEZ CAMP. DELIVERANCE!!!

And the sinker kicked me in the nuts, but the fishing was decent.

Thanks J, sold the binders!

I would say that 90 percent of the attractive girls IN bozeman do not LIVE IN bozeman.
    Its just how it is.