Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Thanks. I like the idea of it because it can be backed out if ineffective and you don't lose flexibility or range. "They" make it sound like no big deal; the vid says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I’m scheduled for Coflex for stenosis next week. Pretty gnarly. What do you think?

My sciatica has been getting steadily worse for three years and my left lower leg is numb. Getting hard to walk; not because of pain but the numbness doesn’t let my foot work right.

Went to the Neurosurgeon after 2+ years pain mgt., shots, therapy etc. I brought a three year timeline and told my story. He looked at the MRI and maybe said ten words. “Coflex or fusion”. Got another X-ray to determine spinal stability so we go with the Coflex device because my spine is stable.

Still need insurance to sign off but I’m scheduled for next Tuesday.
    Check out Vertiflex and discuss it as an option with your neurosurgeon and/or interventional pain doc as both might be trained to implant. Best of luck.
    Last edited by mooseknuckles; 04-06-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    It sucks how many of us have had to go through this.

that is all.
    I haven't checked this thread in a long time but was blown away last year when I got a full back xray last year and my vertebrae and discs were totally fine. Quite the opposite of twenty years ago when the docs pointed out the C shape of my backbones and the where the discs were bulging out. Unless the more wholistic shit I did fixed my back, then I guess I'd just have say my back just cured itself during my 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Check out Vertiflex and discuss it as an option with your neurosurgeon and/or interventional pain doc as both might be trained to implant. Best of luck.
    Thanks. I’ll mention it. My neuro has done a lot of the Coflex. From my reading and the doc said I’m a good candidate. Not much back pain, Limited spondy and relief with flex ion.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^ sounds like you are a perfect vertiflex candidate. I will be interested to hearing which route you go.

I’ll let you know. With the fast track I’m currently on sticking with whatever the doc has prescribed is likely. If he’s an expert at Coflex so be it. It’s the archer not the arrow.

I’m at the surgery center for three hour outpatient Coflex procedure. Excited for a fresh chance l4 l5.

Good luck

I’m at the surgery center for three hour outpatient Coflex procedure. Excited for a fresh chance l4 l5.
    Yes!!! Best wishes.

Bulged/Herniated Disc advice?

All good. Nice warm Felling my back. Waiting for norco

Feeling great. No pain on extension 4 hours later. Feels nice and tight.

Meds wearing off but pain minimal.

Glad it’s working out well. Get some rest!

Too early to declare victory. Hydrocodone is good drug. Drink lots of water.

Good luck 4matic, I hope you heal up well and come back strong.

Thanks. I’m really surprised how fast it game together. Appt. Thursday, EKG Friday, Blood test Saturday.
    Table Tuesday.

The team made it fun. The nurses and docs were engaging and laughing at my jokes. Went out laughing. 5 stars for these guys. What should I send as gift? Panera card?

Thanks. I’m really surprised how fast it game together. Appt. Thursday, EKG Friday, Blood test Saturday.
    Table Tuesday.

The team made it fun. The nurses and docs were engaging and laughing at my jokes. Went out laughing. 5 stars for these guys. What should I send as gift? Panera card?

We laugh at everyone's jokes. The real fun starts after you're asleep. Or even if you're not--we can say anything and the versed will make you forget it. And what's with the Panera card? Medical people like the same thing ski techs do. OK maybe Scotch or wine. Although very few patients can afford whiskey or wine that would appeal to the average neurosurgeon. Maybe just stick with the Panera.

Hope all works well.

Oh yeah I know they are probably acting but it still helps. I'm a funny guy though! Neuro pretty quiet and he's not even there till I'm gone. Saw him for less than a minute in prep. I'm ok with the whiskey and the docs are a separate deal. Was thinking about the whole gaggle of nurses and techs in the surgery center so a Panera card lets them get a big box of pastries, quiche, cookies, etc. They have a great cinnamon bun.

I hope they made fun of me. Being an old coach if they aren't making fun of you they probably don't like you.

I don’t remember writing those posts from post op yesterday. Modern anesthesia is such a miracle. I’m usually not a serial poster so apology. Thanks for the notes of support. It helps and so many friends are offering support. You never know when you might need to reach out to someone.

Today it got a bit more real. I slept great and woke up pain free. Now that the surgery drugs have completely worn off the surgical wound is pretty damn sore. It is reasonably painful to move at all but I’m comfortable laying still with my knees elevated and doze off easily and often. I now have a sore throat and two blisters on my upper lip which I assume are from airway tubes or retaining tape for the tubes. The nurse said I was a thrasher which is pretty typical when I sleep. It’s like a tornado blew through. Demons..

When I stand my legs are pain free. My calf is still numb and reading indicates it will take time, maybe considerable time, for damaged nerves to heal.

Also. It is important to eat on time. I got behind on food and felt awful. Like I was getting sick. Food and water and I’m good. That’s where friends help. Buddy sternly tells me to get with it and he was right.

Tried skipping a pain pill. Bad idea. Back on schedule.

I don’t remember writing those posts from post op yesterday. Modern anesthesia is such a miracle. I’m usually not a serial poster so apology. Thanks for the notes of support. It helps and so many friends are offering support. You never know when you might need to reach out to someone.

Today it got a bit more real. I slept great and woke up pain free. Now that the surgery drugs have completely worn off the surgical wound is pretty damn sore. It is reasonably painful to move at all but I’m comfortable laying still with my knees elevated and doze off easily and often. I now have a sore throat and two blisters on my upper lip which I assume are from airway tubes or retaining tape for the tubes. The nurse said I was a thrasher which is pretty typical when I sleep. It’s like a tornado blew through. Demons..

When I stand my legs are pain free. My calf is still numb and reading indicates it will take time, maybe considerable time, for damaged nerves to heal.

Also. It is important to eat on time. I got behind on food and felt awful. Like I was getting sick. Food and water and I’m good. That’s where friends help. Buddy sternly tells me to get with it and he was right.

I had two discectomys. The first one the nerve came right back after the surgery. The second one took 3 months.

Thanks. Setback today. Went for a walk and move around the house. Feels like spasms. Ouch.. Laying still now.

A couple rough days after the numbing agent wore off. Mild fever with severe nerve pain. Spoke with the surgeon who said normal. That’s all I needed to a hear. Today is four days post op and still need to stay ahead of the pain and try to avoid muscle spasms. I may have forgotten about pain for a minute or two. The road is just a bit longer and tougher than I thought it would be.

Stay strong and allow your body to heal. Better days ahead!