Bill Clinton for President...

... of France. I just learned that because of some obscure law, anyone born in the territory the US bought from France in the Louisiana Purchase is legally eligible to be elected the president of France.

Wouldn't that be the ultimate fuck you to the French? President Bubba in Paris!
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Well at least France wouldnt impeach the man for getting a bj. Hell, I'm sure most of the French presidents have mistresses.

Originally posted by CantDog
    Well at least France wouldnt impeach the man for getting a bj. Hell, I'm sure most of the French presidents have mistresses.
    Hehe, totally true. There was a major spat between Mitterand's wife and his mistress about who got to walk behind his coffin at his funeral. In the end I they both did, as well as at least one illegitemate child. Nice style.

This would be so cool.
    Macron is an embarrassment to French virility
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Seriously, don't bring back the dead. He was an awesome guy.

Fuck you. Now you have me crying.

Fuck you again. You should know better.

Rest in peace.
    PEACE.

I miss Nils

Me too. I was hanging with him in NYC just before his last treatment that basically killed him and I could see in his eyes that he knew his days were extremely numbered. That hurt.

MTM PM’d me but I will reply here publicly.

I only knew Nils from his wit and contributions here, and a gear swap deal or two but bumping this thread should not be seen as an insult.

I stumbled onto this old thread and it reminded me of the good old days and how much this dude cracked me up.

It’s a complement to remember those that have passed on.

RIP plakespear
    Thanks for the laughs and stoke. And the spare change stickers.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks for being a man Core Shot.

Seriously.

Edit to add: Maybe it's good to bring back the dead, the one's you loved. Maybe this is the perfect time to do that when people are focused on things like giving, and joy.

I don't have shit in my life, maybe a good one in the morning, buried all my family, too many memorials for friends, but maybe this could be just a little kick to reach out to those around you that support your mental space.

Hmm. Send an old photograph of old times. Dial a number you haven't in a long time.

I randomly sent 2 books from Amazon to someone I haven't talked, texted, skied with in over a decade last week, just to let them know that they are in my head and I care about them.

Maybe, this is the perfect thread. I took that picture of that thermos. I took that all the fuck over Argentina on my second or third trip with his picture granting me stoke. I remember his voice, the first time he called me. And I took that there, and he was a part of my experience.

So, let those from the past, still remain part of your experience.

Thank you Core Shot for rejuvenating this visceral necessity in life that is long overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Thanks for being a man Core Shot.

Seriously.

Edit to add: Maybe it's good to bring back the dead, the one's you loved. Maybe this is the perfect time to do that when people are focused on things like giving, and joy.

I don't have shit in my life, maybe a good one in the morning, buried all my family, too many memorials for friends, but maybe this could be just a little kick to reach out to those around you that support your mental space.

Hmm. Send an old photograph of old times. Dial a number you haven't in a long time.

I randomly sent 2 books from Amazon to someone I haven't talked, texted, skied with in over a decade last week, just to let them know that they are in my head and I care about them.

Maybe, this is the perfect thread. I took that picture of that thermos. I took that all the fuck over Argentina on my second or third trip with his picture granting me stoke. I remember his voice, the first time he called me. And I took that there, and he was a part of my experience.

So, let those from the past, still remain part of your experience.

Thank you Core Shot for rejuvenating this visceral necessity in life that is long overlooked.
    Good thoughts above,
    too many dead people in my phone

Nils was not the perfect guy many made him out to be post mortem, but who is.
    He was a good dude & I still cry every time I go to a Drive by Truckers show with out him