WTB: 2 pair travel ski bag

I'm going on a few trips next season and I'm VERY low on cash. I need a padded bag that will fit 2 pairs of skis and ideally poles, boots, and as much other gear as possible. I don't mind a few rips and tears as long as they can be or have been fixed effectively with duct tape or other methods, and as long as the padding will still hold up to some international travel abuse. Thanks in advance to anyone who might have something.

incase you dont find anyone selling. Take a look at the dakine double concourse bag. Its pretty highly liked around here. I love mine, and it holds skis bigger than the specs say. I got mine for ~$110 new
    Live

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    incase you dont find anyone selling. Take a look at the dakine double concourse bag. Its pretty highly liked around here. I love mine, and it holds skis bigger than the specs say. I got mine for ~$110 new
    samurai---will the 185 cm bag hold a pair of 190s? I hate to buy the 200 cm bag if I don't need it.

that I dont know, the largest Ive put in my 185 bag was 185 PR's. IT seemed like IIRC, there was still a little room. I cant confirm though, so dont base your decision on me.
    I do remember hearing that you can fit larger skis that the bag (numbers wise) somewhere on the board

try a search?
    Live

okay thanks. ordered it from bc for about $150

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    yeah, I have looked at that one and it's definitely what I'm looking for. Unfortunately the $110 is still a little out of my price range, but I'll see what it comes to when trip time gets closer.

there's a few bags in this sale on epic. I don't know if they are what you are looking for but they are cheap.

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread...476#post926476

I ordered the Dakine double from BC last night. Free shipping, UPS ground, 7-14 days.
    It arrived today. It arrived in 16 hours. UPS ground. Free.

Oh yeah, and 190s fit in the size 185 bag.

bump. If I can't find something for the right price, I will resort to a large unpadded bag and lots of bubble wrap. someone must need the extra cash as much as I do.

Hey alli, if you're still looking for a bag come early september, let me know. I'll have a double concourse back from a summer in Argentina that I'd probably let go for $70+ shipping.

I'm not going anywhere till mid february so if I haven't found something by then I'd definitely like to take you up on that. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *alli* View Post
    I'm not going anywhere till mid february so if I haven't found something by then I'd definitely like to take you up on that. Thanks
    I no longer need my old bag. It's a basic Salomon canvas job. Big enough for two pair of 200s, no padding except at tip and tail ends. Zipper and handles are fine. It's your's for the price of shipping.
    PM me if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by 5B View Post
    I no longer need my old bag. It's a basic Salomon canvas job. Big enough for two pair of 200s, no padding except at tip and tail ends. Zipper and handles are fine. It's your's for the price of shipping.
    PM me if you want it.
    Thanks for the offer, I definitely appreciate it. I think I'm gonna hold out for something with full padding though, and ideally I'd like some extra pockets to stuff gear into. Trying to avoid having more than 2 pieces of checked lugage.

Quote Originally Posted by *alli* View Post
    Thanks for the offer, I definitely appreciate it. I think I'm gonna hold out for something with full padding though, and ideally I'd like some extra pockets to stuff gear into. Trying to avoid having more than 2 pieces of checked lugage.
    extra padding built into the ski bag= less room to stuff your clothing and gear around the skis and binding for padding. if you're looking to maximize your packing space just use your polypro as the padding. just be sure to knot your long johns around the skis/bindings so that they don't get moved around during all the shuffle. i've found that I can fit almost all my ski clothing in the actual ski bag. just also be careful that your edges don't slash your gore-tex. doh.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    extra padding built into the ski bag= less room to stuff your clothing and gear around the skis and binding for padding. if you're looking to maximize your packing space just use your polypro as the padding. just be sure to knot your long johns around the skis/bindings so that they don't get moved around during all the shuffle. i've found that I can fit almost all my ski clothing in the actual ski bag. just also be careful that your edges don't slash your gore-tex. doh.
    I had thought of this too actually, maybe ill do a practice-pack and see how much of my ski gear (ie: helmet, boots etc) I can fit in the other bag. The one weeklong trip shouldnt be difficult to pack, it's when i go to nz next summer for a few months that I need to be concerned about loads of extra space.

Quote Originally Posted by 5B View Post
    samurai---will the 185 cm bag hold a pair of 190s? I hate to buy the 200 cm bag if I don't need it.

Bump for concourse, great bag. 3 years, many trips and still no damage to speak of. Also the 185 will fit your skis, I travelled with 189 hellbents (true length 195ish right?) and prophets and the longer ski gave the bad some shape and stopped it sagging even with all my other gear in it. A mate had the 200 and it sagged so much the wheels didn't work.

Happy hunting!