Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GOUT

Good luck mang. For me, colchicine was the best way to quickly get rid of all the pain, albeit with the shits. Allopurinol works great, i haven't had a flair in years [knocking wood]. Regarding your timing question of it hitting off seasons, i wonder if water intake drops in those times. I find low water intake can be a big trigger.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Good luck mang. For me, colchicine was the best way to quickly get rid of all the pain, albeit with the shits. Allopurinol works great, i haven't had a flair in years [knocking wood]. Regarding your timing question of it hitting off seasons, i wonder if water intake drops in those times. I find low water intake can be a big trigger.
    Thank you. In regards to water consumption in off seasons, that's definitely something I'm now wondering, thanks for that.

Note to anyone new to colchisine - do not trust any fart. It is a liquid-pants-ruiner in disguise.

Never had gout, but I woke up to this, and I sorta want to take a sawzall to my foot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6388.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	280763

Thats fugly

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Never had gout, but I woke up to this, and I sorta want to take a sawzall to my foot.

Name:	IMG_6388.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	280763
    Judging by the color and size and acuity, I would go to an ER asap. Is the swelling going up your leg?looks like it from the picture. Thinking clot, dvt.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Judging by the color and size and acuity, I would go to an ER asap. Is the swelling going up your leg?looks like it from the picture. Thinking clot, dvt.

Never went up the leg, it pretty much stopped at the ankle. Didnít go to the ER but did make it in to my doc. She was 99% sure it is gout and gave me some anti inflammatories and took my blood. Iíll know for sure if itís gout tomorrow but in the meantime the swelling and pain is way down. Good lord that was painful for a few hours though.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Never went up the leg, it pretty much stopped at the ankle. Didnít go to the ER but did make it in to my doc. She was 99% sure it is gout and gave me some anti inflammatories and took my blood. Iíll know for sure if itís gout tomorrow but in the meantime the swelling and pain is way down. Good lord that was painful for a few hours though.
    Glad you got it looked at that is one mofo angry case of gout

Sorry to hear that, gout sucks. Do some reading on here, Spats has some insights that helped me. I had to switch over to red wine to keep my gout at bay, beer or fruity drinks and I’m asking for an attack. I was on allupurinol for a year or so, but found wine works. (I drink too much but that’s another story.)

Not sure what Crashidy is talking about as every attack I’ve had looks like that or worse.

Normal hand.

Name:	472E5823-0854-49B7-93CD-1221C3895185.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	474.1 KB 
ID:	280933

Gout fucked hand.

Name:	7F406749-96A6-45AA-8A83-91774660AB88.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	516.1 KB 
ID:	280934