3 Bed, 2 Bath for rent in Cottonwood

Hey team I have condo for rent in Cottonwood Heights. Address is 7659 Avondale(3500 E) which puts you 15 minutes from AltaBird. It's walking close to the Smiths, Porcupine, Rec Center, Ferguson Canyon, Canyon Transportation and ski buses. We can rent furnished or not, there is 2200sq ft to fill. Master bedroom is a loft with bathroom. Main floor has two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, living room, laundry and there is a basement with a wet bar and bonus/foosball room. Two car garage, we'll leave the tuning table and snowblower(you'll need it). We're asking $1600 month plus utilities. My wife posted it on Craigslist here http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/apa/739913685.html. Give her a call, pm me or post here, I'm sure we can figure it out.

Yo Guys,

I just talked to Sarah (powderhounds wife) this place sounds real nice. I've been looking for a room in the area and this sounds like the goods. One catch, I can't afford all this on my own, so would need roommates. If anyone out there is in the same situation, let me know.

Best,

Porter

nice place....

Cmon...someone room with Salida.....

3 bedroom condo for 1600 where are we jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggs View Post
    3 bedroom condo for 1600 where are we jackson?
    No, this is the Wasatch bitch!!

The Mrs. reposted with the rest of July free.

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/apa/748514512.html

sometimes when you buy a house you cant always expect to rent it for your mortgage, plus insurance, plus tax. 533 a month per person plus like 100 a month for utes,

why dont you just find some random people on the street, pick em up by the ankles and shake every last cent out of their pockets to help you guys own maybe at least your second property. also getting a mortgage to rent a house is known as loan fraud.

the only people this deal hooks up is you capitolist homeowners.

The last time I paid under $600 for rent it was a one bedroom shit box of a house in Bozo Idaho, but hey it was close to the Dutch Goose and I probably couldn't spell capitalist then either.

While there is no dollar micros near the condo, there is plenty of space, a grocery store down the street and you can be on a lift in 20 minutes.

I'd stay but a job has us in Tacoma for a year, which puts me in a two bedroom rental paying more for less, so we'll be lucky if we break even. So who's the capitalist, me or these Tacoma mags?
    Last edited by powderhound; 07-11-2008 at 09:22 AM.

doesn't seem bad to me. That would rent for like 2200 a month here.

1600 for a 3/2 seems pretty reasonable. 20 minutes from the lift?
    Decisions Decisions

That would be rented in about ten minutes flat if it were in Jackson...
    Live Free or Die

I used to live in the now abandoned brown condo just down the street.

You know, the one with the "NO TRESPASSING" signs.

Great place to live with easy access to both canyons.

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    doesn't seem bad to me. That would rent for like 2200 a month here.
    That would rent for $4500/month here except it would be a little closer to the slopes.

Salida, I can fill the other two spots. We're ready to move in August 1st. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

also getting a mortgage to rent a house is known as loan fraud.

Ummm only if you tell the company that you're living in it as a primary residence...you ARE allowed to borrow money from a bank and rent a property....duh.....the mortgage processor/appraiser will actually look into the rental history of the property and thats how they make the lending assessment...

You didnt really think you had to own a rental property outright did you???

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Ummm only if you tell the company that you're living in it as a primary residence...you ARE allowed to borrow money from a bank and rent a property....duh.....the mortgage processor/appraiser will actually look into the rental history of the property and thats how they make the lending assessment...

You didnt really think you had to own a rental property outright did you???
    Yeah, no shit. Smuggs- If you had to pay cash for every rental property, there would be, ummm let's see, NO HOMES FOR RENT ANYWHERE. How do you think all those no money down rental gurus trick all those saps into paying them?

I think you only get into fraud territory if you claim it as your primary. Then you will be in trouble with the insurance company, the feds, and the tax collector.

Oh btw Smuggs, it is really shitty to come on here and piss on this thread. Do you have a history with the OP, or are you just a shit stirring douchnozzle?

sometimes when you buy a house you cant always expect to rent it for your mortgage, plus insurance, plus tax. 533 a month per person plus like 100 a month for utes,

why dont you just find some random people on the street, pick em up by the ankles and shake every last cent out of their pockets to help you guys own maybe at least your second property. also getting a mortgage to rent a house is known as loan fraud.

the only people this deal hooks up is you capitolist homeowners.
    Yeah sorry bro this aint VT.....we actually have a booming economy so rents are based on that...trust me this is CHEAP for what it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Yeah, no shit. Smuggs- If you had to pay cash for every rental property, there would be, ummm let's see, NO HOMES FOR RENT ANYWHERE. How do you think all those no money down rental gurus trick all those saps into paying them?

I think you only get into fraud territory if you claim it as your primary. Then you will be in trouble with the insurance company, the feds, and the tax collector.

Oh btw Smuggs, it is really shitty to come on here and piss on this thread. Do you have a history with the OP, or are you just a shit stirring douchnozzle?
    Not that it matters, but you are pretty much wrong. When you get a mortgage for a home (primary residence) you have to certify that you are going to occupy the residence for some pre-determined amount of time. The ones I have seen are anywhere from 60 days to one year. And you won't get in trouble with the insurance agent either because you will likely get a cheaper, landlord policy which covers the structure and not the contents instead of you typical homeowner policy. Yes, buying 12 houses a year claiming them all as your primary residence is fraud. Buying a house and living there for awhile and then renting it out is not fraud or illegal in any way. And smart people live in places for 2 years, rent for 3 and then sell tax free. Nothing shady about that and it occurs all the time.

I'm signing the lease on this place tonight, but there is still one room available if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM and we can talk details.

yeah defintaly expensive, but not saying its not worth it, ive lived in some nice places in cottonwood, hottub, extra bedrooms, huge yard, fruit trees, that even closer than this house, and never paid over 400/ month, but it could be real nice, but i am sticking with my 225/month in sugarhouse
    ayuh

I'm gonna need to rent a room this winter. Thats a little to pricey for me, I'd have to get a job. I'll be moving back to SLC novemberish to ski AltaBird, if anyone knows of a room thats cheaper, I'd sure appreciate it.