Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I forgot to mention the annual arguments between Vic / NSW, PB / Thredbo, I am an "expert" skier - I can ski the blacks at Falls Creek, Do I need snow chains for my AWD in NSW, My DIN is bigger than yours and do we actually get 'powder' snow in Australia.

Yawn.
    Last edited by Ski Beaver; 08-09-2004 at 11:33 PM.
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

Last edited by Ski Beaver; 08-09-2004 at 11:33 PM.
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

Best time of Year to Ski?

Best Month to Ski?
    Insominia is my new hobby.

Short Answer: Second week of August - ie Now!

Season runs from June 10 to October 10 but can be open a week or two either side of that depending on conditions.

Early to Mid August is typically the best time.

However we have had an amazing June and July this year with almost weekly large dumps of fresh snow.

September is known for it's "spring" skiing. Warm days, slushy in the afternoons witch is great fun for crud busting and spraying mates - the terrain parks are great in September too, you can get around in a t shirt as well. It also has the biggest base - we are pushing 3 metres this year.

Originally posted by Ski Beaver

September is known for it's "spring" skiing. Warm days, slushy in the afternoons witch is great fun for crud busting and spraying mates - the terrain parks are great in September too, you can get around in a t shirt as well. It also has the biggest base - we are pushing 3 metres this year.
    Are you shittin me? September / October is so cold you need a Steep Tech outfit to keep you warm!

That photo is so last century -

I kid you not, last September my brother was even skiing without his shirt on. I was almost willing him to fall over....almost.

SB , More snow forcast on W/end with strong frontal system( i.e Blizzard conditions) ,more pow hopefully, bring it on!!!!!!. This winter is going awesome!. Ski.com = Fat middle aged blokes and wannabe legends !!.

Last edited by Boundary Rider1; 08-10-2004 at 02:59 AM.

BR1 - you got it - this weeknd is going to be like so many of the other weekends this season - full of pow.

Cannot wait. 3 more days of work till the weekend.

ARG and /or Chile vs. NZ and AUS

I can't wait till WInter. I need freshies. NOW.
    Insominia is my new hobby.

tjb: another view of Watson's Crags and Sentinel, from Carruther's Peak.
    http://www.cccsc.asn.au/Pictures/PCD4641/84.jpg

Burmaslave, it is quite the view. Is that shot in spring ? We were up there 2 weeks ago now and there was a lot less rock visible. But this year is proving about the best in at least the last half a dozen seasons.

More snow heading our way this weekend. Bring it.

only 1 and a bit more days of work and I am down there again for my 9th weekend out of 10 this season.

Some new school pics - it is not all about the powder!

New wall ride - first time in Australia

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic26421.jpg

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic26422.jpg

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic26423.jpg

Originally posted by Punani
    :

I was banned there a long time ago for being a seppo.
    I hate that name. I was plopped into that category as well because I was hanging out with a few Americans in Niseko.

Thats a great looking backcountry area. Is it popular?

Toque, it is quite popular especially in Spring.

Here are a few pics from today.

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic26633.jpg

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic26634.jpg

SB, Looks like alittle bit of a" breeze "may be around again this weekend. Did you ski , last weekend?. I was wet through on Saturday, It was snowing at +2c . But Sunday was awesome! Blue Bird.

Yeah mate, I was there. Only on Sunday though- did the day trip from Sydney.

If I go this weekend it will be my 10th out of 11, however I think it might be a good one to miss.

What are your plans?

BR do you know tjb?

I think I know who you are.

Yeah, conditions could be a little sub-optimal this weekend, got no other plans and I'm so psyched to ski at every oportunity this year that I will be down there again. 10 out of 11 aswell, so I know the feeling. Yeah I know TJB, he's my Bro.

At this stage I am probably not going to make this weekend.

So that means it is probably going to go off.

Hope you get there and make some of those great turns for me.

Bump for more Southern Hemisphere Stoke;

Here is a pic of a nice cornice forming;

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic26753.jpg

Olympic run at Perisher Blue;

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic26752.jpg

Thumbs up

That brings back some nice mammaries

Punani - very tasty.

Punani - very tasty.
    Did that filth cornice form where the t-bar doglegs or is there too much snow this year?

At this stage I am probably not going to make this weekend.

So that means it is probably going to go off.

Hope you get there and make some of those great turns for me.
    SB, it wasn't a bad one to have off, but this weekend isn't looking much better ! D'oh !!!

Saturday at Perisher as quite mushy, and very windy, with graupel snow at times. The visibility was also shite and Eyre and Inter on Mt P were only good from half way down. The queues were ballistic at Front Valley and across to Centre on Sat as the chairs were all on wind hold. Sometimes the sun would break through and all was good.

Sunday was much the same, wet sleet at times, the carpark was a huge slushy. Again the light was very weird and the snow was slurpy consistency.

The bump lines down Inter got a good workout, slush bumps they were !!

But the bro and I had a great weekend despite the non-classical conditions. He took slides in the pipe on Sat where Draxl and others were going large, I did some carving on my alpine snowboard, and Sunday we went full speed with a mate on teles, so it was good.

See you this weekend maybe ....

Ski Beaver is the unofficial "keenest" skier in Australia