Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Roll call for this weekend?

Looking in BR1 and tjb's direction.

I'm out - ok with it though.

Have fun if you get down there.
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

SB, BR1 and Tjb are in as always, maybe we are just Glutens for punishment. Keen to tour this w'end if it looks half decent. Got friends camping out on the Sentinal ridge , so may do a day trip out and hang with them and get a couple of runs on the way home.

Thumbs up

Well, we've called it. The end. Finito.

A great Oz season by all measures, even if spring sort of went AWOL in terms of the corn harvest.

June and July/early August produced a quantity and quality of turns unseen for several years.

We had a ragingly good final weekend, with a bit of XC skating, GS gate running, old school jumping and good old partying going on. Yesterday was superb with a Sunday night freeze, and two decent kickers on Eyre out wide producing some photo shooting opportunities for BR1 behind the lens.

See you next year! Final stoke to come, stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by tjb
    and two decent kickers on Eyre out wide producing some photo shooting opportunities for BR1 behind the lens.
    Tell me more, I am heading down for a final ski on Sunday.

Even looks like we could get 5-10cm by then.
    Avoid employing unlucky people - throw half of the pile of resume's in the bin without reading them.

Can't miss them Sb, just head out along the top of Eyre , Past " Come Back Again" and drop down under some rocks and traverse alittle further. Access may be a little more difficult in a week though, as we where already skiing over heath , but a very quick boot pack will get you there. You could hit both kickers as a Double up in a row, which would be most stylee!!. Got some slides back and will post those I won't be using for A-Grade usage. Great weekend , unfortunately I probably won't be around as I am either going to be at the 24hr Mtb at Canberra taking photos or getting drunk and harrassing strippers at a mates Bucks Party. Although If we get more snow.........

See you there on Sunday with the strippers on a mountain bike.

Now we are talking!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wishing I was there right now.

Well, that is really it for us. BR1 and I headed out with 3 mates and camped below Club Lake. Friday saw us ski an icy Northcote face following the 3 am departure from Sydney.

Saturday we took in Little Austria down to Lady Northcotes Creek, some slopes towards Townsend, and then the Club Lake chutes on the way back to camp. A magnificent curry and apple strudel for desert rounded out a great day.

Sunday and we took in another quick lap of Club Lake chutes in even better snow. We were back in Jindy by 1:30 pm having sealed the season in the best way possible.

Bring on June 2005, lets hope it is as productive skiing wise as 2004.

Final count:

BR1 - 49 or 50 days
    tjb - 36 days

tjb out.

Yeah, as TJB says the last three days of hiking where sick. He , however failed to mention the river crossing, in freezing conditions accross the "Snowy River". It was so cold we had to have a shot of Absinth to warm us up again.
    The terrain on the western side of the Range is Phenomenol, Much more jagged and signs of its glaciated past abound. We had one run in an area called "Little Austria", fast Gs turns down a firm icy headwall, a quick traverse to skiers right, then dropped a great steeper pitch of spring corn for around 200m. Finished by a surreal descent into the next valley through a narrow snow filled canyon with rivers fed by sping run-off flowing like mad. All up around 750 metres of Vert and knowing the possibility that we could be final few to ski it before its demise is a great feeling!.
    It could be the end of our season and I was just scrolling back through all the posts here, most of the stoke provided by Ski Beaver. It seems like this season has gone on forever!. So many days of awesome pow, 16000kms of driving and a little bit of rain along the way, but what would skiing in Oz be without that!!.
    Last edited by Boundary Rider1; 10-19-2004 at 12:21 AM.

I like this thread, thanks for taking the time to keep us northerners stoked over summer.

Its all over *sigh*

Damn it was a good season - even for me (spending it most of it on the injury list)

Oh well - under the ton till my next turns - bring on Eurostylz

I'm out too.

BR1 and tjb the day counts are phenomenal!

I am around the 23 or 24 mark, and still with my GF! hahah

Bring on the Northern season, Japan in 3 months and 3 days.

BRING IT!

Quote Originally Posted by tjb
    Perisher late Sept
    G'Day Mates. Youse blokes need to give this thread a rest until June 2005.

Go wrestle crocs, hunt kangaroos, scull a Fostah's, eat a vegemite sanga, throw a shrimp on the bahbie, do doughies in ya HSVs, crack onto some bushpigs, chuck some boomerangs, play with ya didgeridoo, go rootin in the back of a ute (on a blanket with a tailgate down), spit the winkle, play soggy sao or whatevah you lot get up to in the summahtime.

http://autographarea.de/images/film/paul_hogan.jpg

Hey Pu, it's not over yet mate!

Some pics of where 3decks was hitting yesterday!

We could still be skiing at Christmas!

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic28889.jpg

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic28891.jpg

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic28893.jpg

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic28890.jpg

Hey 3decks/SB,
    Where were those shots taken??.

It's all around Kozi Cornice.

Sounds like you have a plan BR1?

I had a plan to ski Today-Sunday, but I piked as I'm stuffed and judging by the forcast I wasn't overly motivated to drive for 10hrs and ski slop/puss. I have thoughts of how sick the other weekend was but the reality is I'm psyched to climb and Ride. I was going to say the Ramsheads was where the shots were taken so I was kinda close. You heading down or will Niseko be the next place for a slide??

It's all about Niseko right now.

6 of us with 2 others joining at different parts of the trip.

It is going to be unreal - powder beyond belief.

Bring it!

Less that 3 months right now.

you still off to Nelson, WW, Red?

lucky , very lucky - Liked Pow mag article on Aus last isue, and the JHAF article was brilliant.

As is the Intro photo, was sitting on the couch today for about an hour drooling over that shot, major props to Will Wissman for that and also Ryan Creary for his Blackcomb pow explosion. So fricken good!!. The oz article was a little dissappointing , I was hoping for some action , not some marketing dribble put out by Mtn managers. Still the best ski read by a mountain mile, Like " Bike " mag aswell , It has soul!

Yup heading back to Nelson this year, haven't got much sorted but theres heaps of time, TJB's heading to Switzerland/Austria aswell, that will be my next destination after I'm over Whitewater, Pfhh if ever!.

Is Niseko getting pounded yet??

Quote Originally Posted by Boundary Rider1
    As is the Intro photo, was sitting on the couch today for about an hour drooling over that shot, major props to Will Wissman for that and also Ryan Creary for his Blackcomb pow explosion. So fricken good!!. The oz article was a little dissappointing , I was hoping for some action , not some marketing dribble put out by Mtn managers. Still the best ski read by a mountain mile, Like " Bike " mag aswell , It has soul!

Yup heading back to Nelson this year, haven't got much sorted but theres heaps of time, TJB's heading to Switzerland/Austria aswell, that will be my next destination after I'm over Whitewater, Pfhh if ever!.

Is Niseko getting pounded yet??
    I should have called TJB - I hit it up on Thur...

http://darb.net/anonymous/PA281131
    http://darb.net/anonymous/PA281129
    http://darb.net/anonymous/PA281110
    http://darb.net/anonymous/PA281104
    http://darb.net/anonymous/PA281114

The rest scattered here;

http://darb.net/anonymous/

Im in Austria as well - we cant seem to ski much together here so might have to hook up there!

Quote Originally Posted by 3decks
    I should have called TJB - I hit it up on Thur...

Im in Austria as well - we cant seem to ski much together here so might have to hook up there!
    Nice work Ben. That cornice drop must have been decent. And with the snow dusting today it may keep going.

Honestly, I wouldn't have been able to make it last week. You know how after the season and countless highway kilometres a bit of rest comes in handy. I've been in that mode ....

I will be in Switzerland/Austria by the look of it. I'm spending Dec 26 ~ approx Jan 2 in Andermatt, then heading to near Innsbruck for three or so weeks. I'll hope to hit up Kitzbuehl, Alpbach and any other good places I can get to without a car.

Where will you be ? Also, you'll be Eurocarving with a 60/55 front rear stance on a GS race board, with some heinous fluoro clothing, and a headband I gather :-)

TJB

Looks like Ill miss ya.

If it hit up JapPOW w/ the crew Ill be there end of Jan and wont hit Austria till mid Feb.

My normal getup is Eurocarve - I was just trying (unsuccessfully) to fit in w/ the Aussie steez in those photo's