WO&D bikes and beer

The WO&D runs dangerously close to the Old Dominion Brewery, I'm thinking a little ride and beer drinking is in order. Anyone interested?

Hmmm...... I live just a couple of miles from the brewery, and an Oak Barrel Stout would taste good! However, I haven't had time to do anything lately Give me a little notice and I may be able to work something out.

Snow Slider..........

Might be, need more details...

Discuss further if we make it out to see Vinman. He comes this week, right?

Think so.

I just swung by the brewery a few days ago after checking out sportrock. 2.50 pints during happy hour and 3.50 every other time aint bad. Plus I picked up a 24 case of amber ale for 14 bucks.

edit: I'd put more emphasis on the drinking than biking, because I really dont feel like lugging my mtb around those paved roads, and my cross bike doesnt like wearing tires without nobs. So lets just change it to drinking.

If anyone rides fountainhead let me know, I live veddy veddy closeby.

snow_slider rides there all the time, I keep not making his group rides.

I need to just go down there and ride it, somebody to show me around would be great. I'll buy lunch/beers afterwards.

Warning, though - I still suck at mtb'ing. Learning, improving, but still way too jongish for my tastes.

I have a work party to go to on Saturday afternoon - sounds like a drunk fest too, so I'll be out of commission for the rest of the day. Sunday, I'm doing the Father's Day thing with the in-laws.

I'd be down for a post work beer swilling fest on a week night, I'll bring my bar lights and ride the buzz off on the way home. Or, I'd be down for something the Sunday after this coming.

Fountainhead is on the top of my hit list. I haven't been on y bike nearly as much as I'd like, but I'm always up for a trip to Fountainhead.

Cantdog - how long are you in NoVA? All Summer?

Big E & Cant- You two definitely need to make one of our group rides. Lot's of fun and good beer afterwards. We ride every Wednesday and on some weekends too.

Maybe we could plan a day of golf at Burke Lake or Twin Lakes, then a trip to Fountainhead for some fun on the dirt! Of course, heavy beer drinking could ensue between, during, and after the above mentioned activities.

Sheesh, I just read through my post and I sound like a raging alcoholic. I'm really not...

Really....
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Originally posted by snow_slider

Cantdog - how long are you in NoVA? All Summer?

Big E & Cant- You two definitely need to make one of our group rides. Lot's of fun and good beer afterwards. We ride every Wednesday and on some weekends too.

Maybe we could plan a day of golf at Burke Lake or Twin Lakes, then a trip to Fountainhead for some fun on the dirt! Of course, heavy beer drinking could ensue between, during, and after the above mentioned activities.

Sheesh, I just read through my post and I sound like a raging alcoholic. I'm really not...

Really....
    Yah I'm here all summer. Where does the group ride meet?

Burke Lake/Fountainhead would be good, I'm across the street from BL and a short walk through the woods to Fountainhead(I live at Lee Chaple and Ox.) We could grill/drink at my place between/before/after. Also got a pool to cool off in.(And I mean cool, its fucking freezing)

Its been a while since I've been on the bike, I've been doing mostly trail running for aerobic workouts.

Cant - we meet in Reston and ride a local trail. Rides are usually somewhere between 12 to 16 miles. We meet there around 5:30 on Wednesdays. If you're interested in coming, PM me for directions.

Burke Lake/Fountainhead sounds like a plan. we could play some golf/drink, cool off in the pool, hit Fountainhead, then grill. THAT sounds like an awesome way to spend a day.

Mid-Atlantic Mags, who's in?!?

Originally posted by snow_slider
    Burke Lake/Fountainhead sounds like a plan. we could play some golf/drink, cool off in the pool, hit Fountainhead, then grill. THAT sounds like an awesome way to spend a day.

Mid-Atlantic Mags, who's in?!?
    Agreed. I'm in.

Cool! That makes three so far and I'm sure I can get a few of my irregulars to make it.

So now the question is when do we do this. I can't this weekend and next weekend I'm fishing all day on Saturday and I have a party to go to on Sunday. On a side note, if anyone wants to join our fishing group, you're more than welcome. Just let me know - I have a ton of rods and lures, but you'll need a VA fishing license.

I believe my weekends anre more open after that though.

I'm guessing its not fly fishing?

Dont have a spin rod, but got an instate liscense(in Va, Me, and NH, muhaha!)

I've got friggen mcat class on saturdays until 1, and my sundays are free. Lets try and pick and date and I'll make sure my folks dont have plans that weekend.