Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    The point of herd immunity isnt just to protect the 97 percent of people who got the vaccine, it's to protect the people in the 3 percent with weakened immune systems or who otherwise couldnt get the immunization.
    It’s traditional in any vaxxorz thread to point this out to the selfish idiots every couple of pages.

They’re still going to fuck over kids with cancer, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Logic escaped you.
    1 unvaxed kid will cause a measles outbreak for the other 47 kids that got vaccine? So you are saying the vax does not work?

If 97% are vaxxed there is no herd immunity so the 97% that got vax will now get measles?

Or only the 3% will get measles.
    If the latter, then fuck them, they deserve measles.
    Yeah, fuck kids with brain cancer. If their parents had gone to church more the kid would not have gotten cancer.

/s
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

There are also older people who never got chicken pox, nor the vaccine. Coming in contact with a kid with chicken pox could be fatal for them Fuck them too!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Skimming over the last few pages here is what I've gathered.

Fuck all children, ban them from being outside unless they are vaccinated against 9/11. In that case fuck all adults and animals, unless you vaccinate against the Kennedy family. But then just fuck everybody.

Please confirm so that I know who I should be mad at.

Maybe I have it backwards.
    Also, vaccines aren't always 100%. Different vaccines work in different ways and may have different levels of effectiveness. You can sometimes overwhelm them.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    If you're more afraid of totally disproven non fatal consequences and side effects than you are of the debilitating and often fatal diseases and outright plagues vaccines have been proven to prevent you should be charged with child abuse. Further, it's past time to consider unvaccinated vector kids the same way we treat unvaccinated dogs and cats... ban them from public spaces.
    I have a friend who's son got pretty fucked up getting a vaccine. I don't remember which vax it was. She went through a federal court system set up to deal specifically with vaccines and won her case. She sent me a pic of the settlement letter after years of fighting for it. Apparently her son will be affected for the rest of his life.

Maybe he wasn't screened correctly? I don't know. As a parent that's some scary shit.

Tetanus is interesting. Way fewer vaccinations than I would have thought plus an outlier in compensations. I thought pretty much everyone got a tetanus shot.

Babies too young to be fully vaccinated and build immunity are also protected by herd immunity and more likely to be fucked up for life or die because they caught measles from a selfish asshole to stupid to understand basic biology.

I think the main issue with the selfish assholes is a poor grasp of statistics.

Well, that and the fact that they’re selfish assholes.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    good, good, nothing strange at all surrounding 9/11... just simple physics, nothing to see here...

did you know that nearly all controlled demolitions were NOT done with the fire = heat = falling steel method?!?

would be cheaper than explosives no?
    “Go back to bed, America.
    Your government has figured out how it all transpired.
    Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control again.
    Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up.
    Go back to bed, America. Here is American Gladiators.
    Here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom.
    Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!”
    ― Bill Hicks
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by papapoopski View Post
    I have a friend who's son got pretty fucked up getting a vaccine. I don't remember which vax it was. She went through a federal court system set up to deal specifically with vaccines and won her case. She sent me a pic of the settlement letter after years of fighting for it. Apparently her son will be affected for the rest of his life.

Maybe he wasn't screened correctly? I don't know. As a parent that's some scary shit.
    That's like the argument used by people who support alternative medicines like jade eggs in their va-jay-jay.

"But it worked for my buddy Terry!"

I don't give a fuck if it worked for your buddy. We need controlled experiments for drawing conclusions. We need peer review and replication by other researchers.

Vaccines can be refined and improved. But treating as some boogeyman to be scared of misses the fucking point by a mile. Go back to the 1800s and try to prove otherwise motherfucks.

Now go ski before all the snow melts.

And sometimes a kid gets pretty fucked up in a car wreck on the way to get a vaccine.. Way more likely than to be harmed by the vaccine so there's even more reason not to do it.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

"Will this vaccination give my dog autism?"

Fer chrissakes how stupid can people be?

Kids get seriously fucked up all the time. Kids get a lot of shots. Every once in a while a kid gets seriously fucked up after getting a vaccine. Sometimes it's due to the vaccine; usually it's a coincidence. The vaccine court is well-known to be prone to err on the side of people claiming injury. Very prone. If you want to know the injury rate from a vaccine, you have to look at better statistics than compensations under the vaccine law.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    “Go back to bed, America.
    Your government has figured out how it all transpired.
    Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control again.
    Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up.
    Go back to bed, America. Here is American Gladiators.
    Here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom.
    Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!”
    ― Bill Hicks
    How exactly did the government convince the small army of independent engineers, hired by the insurance companies who were on the hook for tens of billions, who were given access to building components to keep quite? How did they convince the insurance companies to pay out billions when they didn’t have to? If the government reimbursed the insurance companies those billions how did it get past the army of accountants that audit them?

don't get me started on 911 conspiracy theories !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Kids get seriously fucked up all the time. Kids get a lot of shots. Every once in a while a kid gets seriously fucked up after getting a vaccine. Sometimes it's due to the vaccine; usually it's a coincidence. The vaccine court is well-known to be prone to err on the side of people claiming injury. Very prone. If you want to know the injury rate from a vaccine, you have to look at better statistics than compensations under the vaccine law.
    In my locale, a hot spot for anti-vax, there are a few loud parents who’s (now older teen/adult) children had adverse affects post-vax reactions. They all claim that their GP or neo-nats told them (in a whisper) that it was likely due to the vax but the government will not allow for confirmation. This has allowed for the the continual perpetuation of the problem. There’s a large Waldorf-inspired charter school, several homeschool-like charter schools, a strong JW population, an older cult, lots of off-gridders, and plenty of folks with rings on their fingers and bells on their shoes. For those that inquire and are trusted, you can get the list of GP that will provide a med exemption.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Kids get seriously fucked up all the time. Kids get a lot of shots. Every once in a while a kid gets seriously fucked up after getting a vaccine. Sometimes it's due to the vaccine; usually it's a coincidence.
    This. Drives me nuts with the people that say, "I got the flu shot and it gave me the flu."

No. You got the flu shot, coincidentally, when you already HAD the flu, prior to symptoms.

They invariably insist that I'm wrong and they tune out. Science is hard.

I just tell 'em they fucked up and they shoulda got the anti-flu shot, not the flu shot.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Overcoming heuristics is hard.
    FIFY. The science is relatively easy to grasp in most cases--at least the basics. Sometimes there's a series of concepts needed (i.e. fire + structural failure), but even then it's usually not beyond the ability of an average motivated human brain. But that motivation thing...

Vaccinations and autism?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    How exactly did the government convince the small army of independent engineers, hired by the insurance companies who were on the hook for tens of billions, who were given access to building components to keep quite? How did they convince the insurance companies to pay out billions when they didn’t have to? If the government reimbursed the insurance companies those billions how did it get past the army of accountants that audit them?
    9/11 was an inside job morons crack me up because their conspiracy theory is just one big ass comfort blanket. It lets them believe we have some hyper intelligent government run by people so astoundingly all powerful, in such lockstep that they can convince thousands of people to keep a secret.

Which is ludicrous.

But I guess maybe deep down it’s less scary for these people than the truth that our government is like any other American company? In that there’s a small % of really smart/qualified people, but mostly it’s full of average people who sometimes do a great job, and sometimes fuck things up. But unlike a normal job, those fuck ups can cost thousands of lives and change the course of human history. And we have zero control over those events. That’s such a terrifying thought these people wrap themselves up in increasingly complex conspiracy theories to avoid ever having to think about it.

Core shot: if you want to talk about herd immunity, you gotta understand how it varies by pathogen vs the seroconversion rate and vaccinatable population pool vs schedule. Measles has one of the highest R(0) (18) of any disease known to man. It is so contagious that even with MMR's high serovconversion rate (95-97%, 99% with scheduled 2nd dose), almost any vaccine avoidance or deviation from recommended schedule in a population means that herd immunity is not a thing for that population when it comes to measles. Measles is terrifyingly contagious... it's mindblowing.

Here is the relatively simple math behind it:
    https://allnurses.com/understanding-...n-how-t561777/
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Core shot: if you want to talk about herd immunity, you gotta understand how it varies by pathogen vs the seroconversion rate and vaccinatable population pool vs schedule. Measles has one of the highest R(0) (18) of any disease known to man. It is so contagious that even with MMR's high serovconversion rate (95-97%, 99% with scheduled 2nd dose), almost any vaccine avoidance or deviation from recommended schedule in a population means that herd immunity is not a thing for that population when it comes to measles. Measles is terrifyingly contagious... it's mindblowing.

Here is the relatively simple math behind it:
    https://allnurses.com/understanding-...n-how-t561777/
    Exactly. My making fun of herd immunity was based on the comment that one kid could cause an outbreak in a preschool where every other kid had vax.

The correct response is either:
    Some kids can’t get vax
    Sometimes the vax dont work.

The latest NY measles had three percent of the measles outbreak in kids with vax. So I guess it ain’t guaranteed.
    . . .