Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    It's too bad there is no vaccine for this kind of widespread and persistent stupidity.
    Just to piss Core Shot off, I took two vaccinations yesterday! Take that, bitch.

#autistierthanyou

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Just to piss Core Shot off, I took two vaccinations yesterday! Take that, bitch.

#autistierthanyou

This should trend on twitter ASAP...

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It's also worth noting that you can be diagnosed as an adult. Not that there's a whole lot than can be done about it at that point, but it might help some individuals comprehend their behavioral patterns to be able to put a label on a major contributing factor.
    There’s plenty of therapy that can be provided to adults depending on the circumstances: communication, behavioral, developmental, etc. A new diagnosis for adults can open things up for them for assistance that was not previously available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    There’s plenty of therapy that can be provided to adults depending on the circumstances: communication, behavioral, developmental, etc. A new diagnosis for adults can open things up for them for assistance that was not previously available to them.
    True. IMHO, one of the biggest challenges with an adult diagnosis is coming to terms with the dependence on coping mechanisms and the facade of normalcy that many people go to great lengths to maintain. Those practices are exhausting, and do exact a toll, but they become so deeply ingrained that it becomes second nature to implement them. Behavioral therapy can be a (rewarding) challenge for a "normal" adult, but it's often particularly daunting for an adult with ASD.

That's one strong argument for early screening/awareness.

Yes. Early intervention is important.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    That's what I said too. Until I stopped and actually thought about it.
    very un-Dude like.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It's not just MMR. These parents didn't let their kid get the DPT, kid got tetanus, seems to have permanent disability and there's an enormous medical bill someone has to pay. And the parents still refuse to have him vaccinated.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/09/w...s-vaccine.html
    It's time to put an end to this bullshit. The courts routinely order medical care for the kids of Christian Scientists and transfusions for the kids of Jehovah's Witnesses. Not vaccinating your kids should be a crime unless there is a valid medical contraindication. It should be a crime for a doctor to make up a bogus exemption. Children are not property; parents do not have a right to harm them or allow them to be harmed.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's not just MMR. These parents didn't let their kid get the DPT, kid got tetanus, seems to have permanent disability and there's an enormous medical bill someone has to pay. And the parents still refuse to have him vaccinated.
    It's time to put an end to this bullshit. The courts routinely order medical care for the kids of Christian Scientists and transfusions for the kids of Jehovah's Witnesses. Not vaccinating your kids should be a crime unless there is a valid medical contraindication. It should be a crime for a doctor to make up a bogus exemption. Children are not property; parents do not have a right to harm them or allow them to be harmed.
    This

And I even lean libertarian
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Have the vax regs in Australia been effective?

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    This

And I even lean libertarian
    I'm very much in favor of people making their own health decisions as long as they're adults and as long as they don't harm anyone else (eg--treatment for TB, VD is and should be mandatory). If an old person wants to live at home even if they can't take proper care of themselves that's fine with me (I expect to be one of them if I live long enough). I respected the refusal of JW's to take transfusions and had one patient die as a result. (I was on the short list of local surgeons the JW's recommended).

People think freedom means the right to do anything they want regardless of the consequences. That's certainly not how the founders understood it. They meant freedom from decisions imposed on them by an outside entity. They thought so little of personal freedom that they forgot to say anything about it in the Constitution, hence the Bill of Rights amending it.

More recently, FDR's 4 freedoms--of speech, religion, from fear, from want--say nothing about the freedom to roll coal or to do anything else besides speak and pray. (The Civil Rights Act has no exemption for religious belief--what if your religion says the races shouldn't mix, so why is there a religious exemption for gay wedding cakes?)

When people today say that any govt action doing something to them or requiring the to do something that they don't like is tyranny or unconstitutional, or treason, they are showing their ignorance of the Constitution; most of them probably couldn't pass the naturalization test that the despised immigrants have to pass to be citizens.

Too bad there's no vaccine for thread drift.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I don't believe that we have actually established that there is a definite increase in the percentage of people who are ACTUALLY autistic over that of previous generations. All we are doing os getting better (or worse?) at diagnosing autism in our general population. I can think of several kids I knew in grade school who would probably be diagnosed as autistic today who were not back then and just considered introverted, or straight up called "mentally retarded". There is definitely a HUGE move to put other developmental and mental handicapped people in to the autism box because the benefits and care assistance is better with that diagnosis. Prove to me that there really are more autistic people per capita than there were (albeit undiagnosed) in 1970.
    I'm pretty sure there are a fair number of high functioning autistics on this forum, and at least a few who aren't high functioning.

(I've been accused, and it does run in the family. My nephew is high-functioning--PhD in comparative literature, university instructor, published of course. You cannot talk to the guy or make eye contact. When the rabbi was talking to us after my mom died some years ago he was playing a video game on his phone--but in emails he sounds perfectly normal, friendly, socially aware. Very strange. My brother was low functioning.)
    ^^^Like I said, they've always been around us. We just didn't extend the spectrum to label a lot of the high functioning ones as anything but introverted. And, people we used to put in the mental retardation box push for an autism diagnoses because their school and public assistance options are better for most families. There aren't more per capita than 50 years ago, we're just more aware of them but they've always been around us.
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I'm no Dr., but I do have a Masters in Special Ed. I've read many peer reviewed articles and wrote lengthy paper of rise of Autism and, as said, it boils down to 2 factors:

1.) A growing spectrum of ASD conditions from very low IQ, non verbal to very high IQ, high functioning and everything in between. I've worked with many kids on all levels and the range is truly astounding.
    2.) A huge increase in awareness and more standardized assessments used to diagnose those on the ASD spectrum. Diagnosing it is becoming much more objective.

....and vaccines have nothing to do with it.
    My nephew's on the spectrum. Zero doubt that he wouldn't have been diagnosed/labeled when I was in grade school. His father might have been if he was a child today. I think it's a GOOD thing that we're learning more about it and how best to educate and socialize kids who actually have it. Too bad Chicken Littles of the world are so easily manipulated in to sabotaging public health as an unintended consequence of better diagnosis and more awareness..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    #autistierthanyou
    gold

My nephew's on the spectrum.
    Everyone is.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Everyone is.
    Fuck ya.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXjNdTVNpMc

DSM 5 drastically changed the criterium.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Well thanks for that. 3:30 well spent.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/19/h...ise/index.html

Interviews with mothers who've lost children and with those who spy on anti-vaccination groups, reveal a tactic employed by anti-vaxers: When a child dies, members of the group sometimes encourage each other to go on that parent's Facebook page. The anti-vaxers then post messages telling the parents they're lying and their child never existed, or that the parent murdered them, or that vaccines killed the child, or some combination of all of those.

Nothing is considered too cruel. Just days after their children died, mothers say anti-vaxers on social media called them whores, the c-word and baby killers.
    The combination of stupidity, venality, selfishness, and cruelty these anti vaxxers display is getting out of hand. Let’s round them up and force them to live in a shithole like Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

The combination of stupidity, venality, selfishness, and cruelty these anti vaxxers display is getting out of hand. Let’s round them up and force them to live in a shithole like Africa.
    FIFY. Don't you keep up with the news?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    DSM 5 drastically changed the criterium.
    DSM 5 says I’m gay
    Or trans
    Or bi

Or ambisexual

But I’m hung up on hetero baggage
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    DSM 5 says I’m gay
    Or trans
    Or bi

Or ambisexual

But I’m hung up on hetero baggage
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

That’s insane. How could any parent watch their kid be in agony for months, almost die, yet deny them a vaccine for the thing the kid just had. Crazy stupid anti-vaxers.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

The combination of stupidity, venality, selfishness, and cruelty these anti vaxxers display is getting out of hand. Let’s round them up and force them to live in a shithole like Kansas.
    wow
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I wonder if Mark Zuckerberg gets shit from his wife (she's a doctor).
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/21/hea...www.cnn.com%2F

for having autism? that’d be a weird relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    They are ALL “safe and effective”

HPV in boys is genital warts
    Not the same calculation as girls getting cervical cancer

Each parent should make an informed decision
    Explain that reasoning to your sons wife/loved one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid