Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    The toga party is Greek, not Roman. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    That's some pretty shitty research conclusions there..
    if I know... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Vaccinations and autism?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The toga party is Greek, not Roman. Just sayin'.
    Greek is a different kind of party, but brutas would stab your ass for sayin togos ain't roman

I guess bluto yelling Chiton didn't have the same ring to it. Didn't Animal House basically invent Togo parties?
    Last edited by mcski; 05-31-2019 at 09:38 AM.

It means life expectancy is still increasing* after the early 1940's, just not increasing as fast as it was earlier.
    Right, but your comment read as if the decreasing rate of life expectancy could be associated with the widespread rollout of antibiotics which I would think we both agree is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Right, but your comment read as if the decreasing rate of life expectancy could be associated with the widespread rollout of antibiotics which I would think we both agree is unlikely.
    That is how you misread his comment. Read it again, because he never said life expectancy decreased. He said the rate of increase slowed.

A look at life expectancy charts graphs shows that increases in life expectancy slowed about that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Well folks, today we all learned that Mazderati has shitty reading comprehension. I blame his early childhood vaccination schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    That is how you misread his comment. Read it again, because he never said life expectancy decreased. He said the rate of increase slowed.
    I'm only reading what is on the screen. 'increases in life expectancy slowed' = 'decreasing rate of life expectancy' You quoted both. How are you getting this wrong?

TRG turns an innocuous comment about the benefits of antibiotics into pedantic wordsmithing. Seems legit.

I'm not misreading anything. 'increases in life expectancy slowed' = 'decreasing rate of life expectancy' You quoted both. How are you getting this wrong?
    For someone who continuously acts like a smug smartass, you sure are dense. You've had plenty of hand holding here, but just don't get it. I know you are that arrogant and stubborn, but are you really that bad at reading and math? Did you never take algebra or did you just forget it?

Slowing rate of change is a is not the same as decreasing rates.

Look at the charts. At no point in the time periods discussed did life expectancy decrease, but the rate of increase varied. I think that's the core concept you are unable to understand. Nobody else here has a problem understanding this facet of the discussion. It's just you.

in canada the fentynal crisis is skewing the life expectancy numbers
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I already addressed the terminology, summit. Think what you want. Knock yourself out.

A decreasing rate of increasing life expectancy around the time antibiotics hit the scene. Can you ask old goat what that means since you want to be the intermediary?

I already addressed the terminology, summit. Think what you want. Knock yourself out.
    Again, it's just you who struggles. Are you gonna take your ball and go home, kiddo? We'll send the middle school math and English tutor right over so you can come back out and play with the big kids.

I'm only reading what is on the screen. 'increases in life expectancy slowed' = 'decreasing rate of life expectancy' You quoted both. How are you getting this wrong?

TRG turns an innocuous comment about the benefits of antibiotics into pedantic wordsmithing. Seems legit.
    You're turning a reading comprehension fail into a large display of obtuseness. You should quit now. The original statement was clear.

Maz, you seem confused by this sentence:

increases in life expectancy slowed
    So I’ll write it using the standard grammar used in a billion journal articles:

increases in life expectancy slowed
    Hope that helps.

"Acceleration (or deceleration) is the rate of change of a rate of change." I remember that from HS physics. Anyway, we're all on the same page now, aren't we?

I'm on page 19.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm on page 19.
    30, you Philistine.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    30, you Philistine.

40 posts per page or fight, Luddite.

'increases in life expectancy slowed' = 'decreasing rate of life expectancy' = C

Name:  LifeExpectancy.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  59.2 KB

Boy, you're a special kind of stupid.

When chicken fuckers attack calculus, hilarity ensues
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Maz, you seem confused by this sentence:

So I’ll write it using the standard grammar used in a billion journal articles:

Hope that helps.
    I like this joke both because it's funny and suggests you may have ready some of my work.

'increases in life expectancy slowed' = 'decreasing rate of life expectancy' = C

Name:  LifeExpectancy.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  59.2 KB
    At the risk of significant brain damage:

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to show. OG was indeed referring to a line like C, though I think "decreasing rate of life expectancy" (which he never said) is poor language that isn't clearly a synonym of "increases in life expectancy slowed" without more explanation.

But still, his point was that antibiotics didn't have as much to do with life expectancy as some of the other things mentioned, and pointed to a line like C. Saying, essentially, that if antibiotics were such a huge factor, we would expect A upon their introduction (people started living longer at a rate greater than what had been seen previously), but instead we got C (people were still living longer, but at a rate slower than what had been seen previously).

What is it that you are arguing, what is it that you are fighting about?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Chicken fucking calculus.

so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What is it that you are arguing, what is it that you are fighting about?

or is this the point where you realized that your earlier posts misunderstood things, so we devolve into jokes and memes so that you don't have to admit that you misunderstood?