Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC

Watched main card of UFC 234. Fell asleep a few times. Had some hope for the new main event but hope was crushed..another boring 'chess match' a la thompson-woodley/thompson-till, etc... a few good moments; might have ramped up with the young gun's torque curve if it was a five round fight.

Man, sure feel for Whittaker...what a shitty stack of cards he's been dealt on this one.
    Master of mediocrity.

Too many events these days on PPV. Most of these cards should be free to watch. I used to be stoked to buy most of them. Now it's rare I order and the best fights get watered down with nobodies. It is amazing Silva can still hang with an undefeated prospect like Style Bender, I agree about 5 rounds. IMO nobody won that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    It is amazing Silva can still hang with an undefeated prospect like Style Bender
    Yeah, full respect to Silva. Amazing how he actually looked better in this fight, imo, than the Brunson fight a few years ago. Hats off.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Yeah, full respect to Silva. Amazing how he actually looked better in this fight, imo, than the Brunson fight a few years ago. Hats off.
    Silva is a good example of unlimited physical potential. It's his head that failed him. There's a list of fighters who seemed unbeatable. Matrix-like skill. Then we watched the bright lights, fame and success creep into their heads and they beat themselves. Rousey. MacGregor. Jon Jones, although not in the ring, he has undermined his success in the cage with his antics outside the cage. I think that's why fighters like Mighty Mouse, and Aldo are so impressive to me, although Aldo's loss to MacGregor ultimately was a failure of his self control. These days, that left hook is looking more like a lucky punch and I'd love to see a rematch as Aldo after the loss seems more hungry, and more sharp than he has in years.

It seems like Anderson is in a good place mentally and is maybe fighting closer to his potential as a 42 year old than he did at the height of his career when his antics undid him with Weidman, Leitus, ect. I think that is the most interesting aspect of the fight game for me.

Watched main card of UFC 234. Fell asleep a few times. Had some hope for the new main event but hope was crushed..another boring 'chess match' a la thompson-woodley/thompson-till, etc... a few good moments; might have ramped up with the young gun's torque curve if it was a five round fight.
    Really? I thought it was a great fight. It wasn't a chess match, it was two very high level strikers trying to knock each others' heads off, without getting hit. No, it wasn't two guys slugging it out in a phone book, but it wasn't Ngannou/Lewis either.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Silva won? Been working too much . Missed any news

Silva lost a unanimous decision but it was a good fight.

Josh Barnett still suits up in the tradition pro wrestling shorts. Catch wrestling tries to keep the history of true pro wrestling alive. The style suffers from image problems obviously, and in fighting between some of it's most successful programs but there is some real serious and asses involved, and yea...its real.

Got the bisbing breakdown. Sounds like the first 2 rounds had action then Silva got bored. Time to hang up the gloves. All the talent but no fire

I agree with Michael's analysis. In the third I expected him to go off. He didn t. Really makes you understand how much a badass Hendo really is.

Some exciting fights on this weekend....Especially Mitrione sterilizing that poor Russian fella

Cain Velazquez vs Francis NGannou should be exciting, but could very well be boring as fuck.

Micheal Page vs Paul Daley should be fireworks, hopefully page gets humbled.

Alex Caceres vs Kron Gracie has me really excited, hopefully Kron has been working on his stand up cause this ain't Jiu Jitsu
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    Some exciting fights on this weekend....Especially Mitrione sterilizing that poor Russian fella

Cain Velazquez vs Francis NGannou should be exciting, but could very well be boring as fuck.

Micheal Page vs Paul Daley should be fireworks, hopefully page gets humbled.

Alex Caceres vs Kron Gracie has me really excited, hopefully Kron has been working on his stand up cause this ain't Jiu Jitsu
    Don’t forget CroCop....sure he’s old, but: CroCop.

Watched a bit last night...nice choke by Douma.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Don’t forget CroCop....sure he’s old, but: CroCop.
    My bad, I deserve to be submitted by toe hold have to give it up for Big Country too

Great prelim card so far, lots of finishes & exciting fights. Rocha gets submitted by Kosakowski by RNC lol
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Ouch!! Mitrione with the full powa front kick to the jimmy.

Some exciting fights on this weekend.... Micheal Page vs Paul Daley should be fireworks, hopefully page gets humbled.
    No, no, and no I thought the heavyweight fights would be fireworks. Not so much. Everybody thought MVP - Daley would be a WAR but it was one of the most boring fights I've ever seen. Fun event at Mogegan Sun overall though
    Name:  Bellator1.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  160.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    No, no, and no
    agreed, I suck...I am the Kenny Florian of TGR lol, if I predict it you can count on the exact opposite happening

Those seats look pretty good Diamond Joe, super jelly

Yeah we had good seats, but - like hockey - I sometimes think the best view is farther back (in the lower section) where you're above the action more. So you're looking down into the ring (or rink) more than straight into it, and less blocked by camera guys and ring padding and whatnot. I watched Daly-MVP from the last row in the lower section and I think I enjoyed it more. (The view, not the fight)

But yeah it was fun. Like you said the undercard fights were all pretty good, even the early main card was good. Kongo-Minakov ended the fun for the night though. What a BORING fight. 0 fireworks. Big Country -Cro Cop was not much better, and ultimately Daley-MVP was a complete snore fest. Had high hopes for all 3 of those fights to be awesome. Oh well

Cain Valazquez. Such horrible luck. Feel bad for that guy. Cron's striking looked bad. For his sake I hope they keep feding him people with no counter grappling. Love Cron's Jiu Jitsu game but damn he needs to sharpen up his stand up.

Firas on styles.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-CZdH1BotM

Anyone else watch UFC Prague & Bellator 217 on Saturday, I watched like 35 fights lol 😂

Thiago Santos is definitely a top contender & James Ghallager gets the win in the main event in Dublin via RNC.

UFC 235 this weekend! As much as I hate to give Picogram Jones a dollar I can’t help myself & will definitely be ordering the PPV....Ben Askren!!!! The chosen one Tyron Woodley!!! No Love Cody!!!!

Good card that one

UFC 235 this weekend! As much as I hate to give Picogram Jones a dollar I can’t help myself & will definitely be ordering the PPV....Ben Askren!!!! The chosen one Tyron Woodley!!! No Love Cody!!!!
    Main card is stacked! Can't wait!

Not a fan of JJ the person but damn, the guy can fight. The reads, fight i.q., creativity and basic skillz...and...that f^%king reach advantage...this time 10 inches over Smith!!! Same height, 10 inch reach advantage! Nuts. Rootin' for Lionheart but really can't see him having any chance...not only with the basic fighting skills and stuff but fwir, he lacks cardio if things get into championship rounds.

Been really enjoying the Dan Hardy 'inside the octagon' prefight analysis youtube segments this days. Another good one here.

Master of mediocrity.

Dan Hardy's breakdowns are great. How about that Porier v Gastelium fight they just made? Fight of the year potential there. Nice to see a card with such talent.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Dan Hardy's breakdowns are great. How about that Porier v Gastelium fight they just made? Fight of the year potential there. Nice to see a card with such talent.
    Poirier/Gastelum?
    Dustin Poirier is slated to fight Max Holloway and Kelvin Gastelum is up against Isreal Adesanya
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

^^UFC 236 Main & co-main event are gonna be insane...but I really don't understand Poirier vs Holloway for the interim lightweight belt though. There are a lot of other actual lightweights that deserve that fight over Max, and I love Max & the this fight with Dustin but makes no sense in my opinion.

I love Dan Hardy's commentating & fight analysis, definitely one of the best in the game...but in my humble opinion Joe Rogan & Daniel Cormier are the best and a close second is Joe Rogan & Dominick Cruz.

Agreed on Jon Jones, can't stand him as a person but no doubt the best mixed martial artist to ever compete. I think he will dominate as a heavyweight as well, unfortunately lol

Edit:
    Just saw the whole card for UFC 235 & holy shit some great fights on there!!! Zabit vs Stevens should be a good one, I predict Zabit not only starch’s Stevens but will be featherweight champ some day. ( so basically I just put a curse on him and he will never win another fight LOL)

Not a fan of JJ the person but damn, the guy can fight... fight i.q....
    Jones is a dick as person, but fight i.q. is why I enjoy watching. He's (obviously) awesome at all the things you mentioned, but he can change his approach mid-fight better than maybe anyone ever. That last fight with Cormier is a perfect example. Cormier throwing and probably (maybe) winning the first two rounds, but Jones learning and recognizing tendencies...and throwing a kick and ending it. He really understands fighting.

^^UFC 236 Main & co-main event are gonna be insane...but I really don't understand Poirier vs Holloway...
    This...I mean Ferguson hasn't fought in FOUR WHOLE MONTHS...maybe they should hold off on "interim" for half-a-minute.

I don't usually buy PPV...but maybe on this one. As noted above: card is STACKED!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

wow, even more card stackage...didn't realize Johnny Walker is coming back so soon...damn, that guy's a killer.

Name:  imgcache.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  166.9 KB
    Master of mediocrity.