Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC

Masvidal! Maybe Darren Till will shut up for a while.
    I thought Edwards could have finished Nelson at the end of the second when he broke his face with that beautiful perry, clinch, elbow. Maybe he showed a little too much respect for Gunnar's guard at that moment. Out grappled him for most for most of the fight. Seems like maybe he and Jorge have a little unfinished business now that the dust has settled. Reyes looked off. Honestly I thought the judges blew that decision but a W is a W.

The Judges were really bad. Really bad.

Gastelium will KO Adesanya next. The rest of that card is a little weak but it's free so.....

Chat shit get banged...I love Gamebread

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Gastelium will KO Adesanya next.
    ^lol no way Jose...now I know I'm the best fight analyst in the game & only pick winners but Adesanya is going to starch Kelvin. I just don't see Gastelium overcoming the reach & technique of Isreal.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    Chat shit get banged...I love Gamebread

^lol no way Jose...now I know I'm the best fight analyst in the game & only pick winners but Adesanya is going to starch Kelvin. I just don't see Gastelium overcoming the reach & technique of Isreal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apBBe4h1aOc

"I gave him the 3 piece with a soda and glided out of there." JM LoL.
    We'll see. Kelvin has been undersized and out reached since he moved up. He's a master of distance.
    Thought that card was next. We got a couple good fights before that. Pulling for Petis over Wonderboy. If he uses is BJJ it will be his biggest advantage. I doubt he will unless he get's knocked down.

The Barbosa v Gaethje fight is a good one as well. Again, Justin should use his wrestling....but he probably won't. Anything could happen there with those two. Folks who try and stand with Edson are rolling the dice. Gaethje's pressure could keep him safe.

Porrier v Hollaway. Love this rematch. Like both guys. Don't care who wins.

^Damn you are right, the next 3 weeks have some really exciting fights...

Wonderboy vs Pettis should be a world class MMA contest but not sure its fireworks due to Thompsons awkward karate style. Curtis Blaydes is fighting in the Co-main, I like him a lot. High level wrestler with good striking & tough as nails, should be a good contest.

On the other hand Barbosa vs Gaethje should be ridiculous, like you said Gaethje probably won't use his wrestling and just stand and trade. Which is ridiculous, I read in your BJJ thread that you were a high level wrestler & brown belt in BJJ, correct? I wish I had that background, my father didn't like wrestling & there was no such thing as BJJ in 1985 in New Jersey lol so we trained Karate & Muay Thai.

Porrier vs Holloway makes no sense but Im in 100%, not sure Porrier gets it done against 155lb version of Max. Should be great either way.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Should be really interesting to see Holloway at 155.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Should be really interesting to see Holloway at 155.
    I think it will be better for him, as it seems to have been for Porier when he moved up. I think we'll see Till move up as well, I like that, as cutting weight blows. I like the trend of guys moving up. Cerrone is probably my all time favorite. To think that he fought for the belt at 55 and made it up to 6th rank at 70 is amazing. They are saying his next fight will be back down at 55, he needs a belt before he hangs it up.

I was NJ wrestler in HS, placed 5th in States as a Junior and was undefeated my Sr year until I injured my shoulder in the Regional finals. Did a PG year at Blair if that means anything to anyone, also wrestled freestyle and grecco for Team NJ, which I loved.

Learning BJJ and Judo has been a fun extension of those styles after taking 18 years "Off". (Biking, Skiing, Fishing, WW Kayaking)

I train a little boxing in the gym but have a wrist injury so I can't spar. I do enjoy the footwork and distance management of the striking arts. Fighting is fun, most folks just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Fighting is fun, most folks just don't get it.
    ^this 1000%....fighting has nothing to do with violence for me, I enjoy the sport of combat and the technique required to be successful in a contest. Been training kickboxing lately and man do I suck at boxing, I am decent at throwing combos at the heavy bag but sparring is a different story. I never knew I was that easy to hit lol.

Cowboy vs Iaquinta booked for UFC Ottawa May 4th, should be a good one. Just read that Till had a brutal weight cut and will most likely go up to 85....and fucking Dillashaw popped by USADA, one year suspension and he has already relinquished his belt, FUCK

So, UFC fight night 148.

Who you guys pickin' in da main event? R we gonna see a Masvidal replay of the smaller guy who moved up taking out the tall lanky reachy striker?

My guess is Wonderboy has enough fight I.Q., gas tank and reach to keep Petis at range, pick his shots and work to a decision.

With his stance though, he's open to getting nailed with that front low leg kick...Pettis can chop him down over time, specially since one knee at least was compromised in the Till fight and repaired.

I think a key to victory for Pettis is chop the lead leg, slow Wonderboy down and attempt some high risk/high reward fancy stuff in later rounds for some sort of finish.
    Master of mediocrity.

Fucking fight day bitches!!!! ��

I got...
    Thompson over Pettis, unanimous decision
    Blades over Willis 3rd round stoppage

Some other good fights on this card to look out for...

Barber vs Alderich should be a good one & Pena vs Peterson interests me
    Moffet vs Mitchell on the prelim card has potential & Markos vs Hill should be entertaining

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I expect Thompson will run through Pettis about the same way he did Masvidal.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    jesus h......

for a guy who doesn't knock people out.... WOW...what a finish. He Darren Till'd Darren Till.
    Masvidal has 15 wins by KO or TKO.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Showtime by submission (triangle).

Thug Nasty!!! Arkansas!!!! lol...Maycee Barber with come behind TKO, wow

Holy shit Pettis!!!!! Knocks the #3 welterweight in the world out cold, crazy.

Pettis Masvidal's Thompson!
    Master of mediocrity.

Fuck Yeah Pettis. That was a fantastic fight.

Next up Barbosa v Gaethje. Edson, of course, has his chances as a fantastic striker, but I think Justin will smother him. Edson has shown a real lack of ability on the ground, and is a quitter. Gaethje by stoppage.

I like the Kowalski v Waterson fight too. I think the Karate Hottie will wrestle early to wear down Karolina, who i think is more dangerous as a finisher standing up. Once she's worn down I think the more well rounded game of Michelle could give Karolina some problems. Waterson by decision.

So stoked for the Holloway v Poirier card! When you hear Pettis and other say the found their power when they stopped the dramatic weight cuts i think this is true. If this is the case with Max, he will be unstoppable. IMO his only fault was his lack of 1 punch KO power. Poirrier is tough as nails though. Great fight and a pretty stacked card.

Kelvin KOs Isreal in this one, handing him his first loss in the UFC.

I was really glad to be wrong about Pettis, I love his fights, but he's had a hard run of it the last 10 fights (4-6), fighting some of the best ever. He really upped his stock with the company.

Name:  conor.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  86.4 KB

uhhm ... sure.

^LOL I saw that earlier...he wants UFC shares before his next fight so it would appear that he is trying to make uncle Dana worried that he might lose his cash cow. Of course uncle Dana didn't flinch & agreed with him and told Conor he should retire.

Lol, Donald Cerrone called it, he said Mc Gregor just announced it just to stay in the news. Mc Gregor retired before, but couldn't stand to be out of the limelight, he doesn't want to fight anymore, he just wants attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Lol, Donald Cerrone called it, he said Mc Gregor just announced it just to stay in the news. Mc Gregor retired before, but couldn't stand to be out of the limelight, he doesn't want to fight anymore, he just wants attention.
    GSP did this with his negotiations and it worked. He just did it again as well.

Main card on now....

Joe Shilling just fucked up Berry, beat him in every aspect of the fight.

There were a couple times where I wondered why Koreshkov didn't try to take Jasper's back when Jasper was trying to get up from the takedown.

Awad has a tough chin. Girtz landed some hard hits and even after Awad went down he still fought back.

^yeah Koreshkov was rag dolling him at will so I thought he would take his back & choke him out at some point while he was trying to get back up. Holy fuck the main event was good, Awad & Girtz threw down for sure 💪🏽

Fight day mother fuckers ��

Love me some Saturday afternoon violence!!!

I got...

Gaethe
    Branch
    Waterson
    Johnson