Views: 908
Size:  694.2 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5819.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	312289

I got cheap tickets to the Bellator fight tonight, should be fun
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Jones should thank the judges for defending his title for him, Reyes won that fight 3-2 IMO
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Yeah, I think with proper use of the 10 point must system, Reyes took 1, 2, 3 with 10/9 rounds, Jones took 4, 5 with 10/9 rounds. Also, just imo.
    Master of mediocrity.

I think Reyes won the fight. What the hell was the one judge seeing to score it 49-46.

I’m not mad that jones won. I watched the fight a couple times and in round 1&2 Reyes was slinging leather but they weren’t really connecting. Jon was rolling with them, OTOH Jon was catching Reyes clean. I actually gave round 2 to jones based on damage. Either way I’m stoked to watch a rematch.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Damn....Sanchez fight; hard to watch.

Main event: Nice k.o. but polish power looks a bit too flat footed for success against G.O.A.T. Jones.
    Master of mediocrity.

I can't believe it but it's fucking fight day!!!!! Super excited for fights in general and this card is stacked from the first fight to the Main event...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6434.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	593.9 KB 
ID:	327841

Cejudo vs. Cruz vs. Corona? Think that is the fight that had positive corner men.

Got the Z right I guess.

Must be some sort of pandemic thing happening because I just spent $60 on UFC 249. anyone care to offer picks?

Hardy (for no other reason than I don't know the other dude and Hardy seems to be getting a big push from the UFC.
    Pettis (because Cerrone needs to retire)
    Francis because he is Francis
    Cruz
    Ferguson

Ooops, Pettius fight happened already. I'll go with Kattar cause Stephens keeps missing weight and that's not cool.

Did not expect that in the main event. Amazing performance. Kinda satisfying seeing Ferguson get humbled.

Holy fuck, Geathje winning by stoppage is the last thing I would have ever expected...Khabib has a serious fight on his hands if the golden leprechaun doesn't steal it

How about Triple C finishing Cruz, insane!

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I have never liked Ferguson since he was on TUF, he's a dark soul, and I've always wanted him to get a beat down, but I have increasingly been impressed with his skills, amazed at his run. After Khabib got stuck abroad, Tony talked so much crap, that he really needed a beatdown. Strangely, as the fight went on, I found myself wanting him do stage a comback from the beating he was getting. Partially because I wanted to see him fight Khabib. Geathje is a straight shooter, and while I'm interested in seeing him fight Khabib, it will lack emotional interest.

Also I was glad to see Ngannou knock the cocky out of Rosenstruik, dude was disrespectful, that was unwise.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Strangely, as the fight went on, I found myself wanting him do stage a comback from the beating he was getting. Partially because I wanted to see him fight Khabib.
    I kept thinking a comeback was going to happen as well. At the very least Gaethje gassing out a la Poirier or Alvarez fights. But nope. Gaethje has evolved. As for Ferguson he took a lot of huge, huge shots. There has to be some serious long term damage to what transpired. What do you figure, he ate 30-35 massive, full force left hooks? And the overhand rights, there had to have been at least 20 or so of those. Full force. Frightening to see a guy get hit that many times. Will be interesting to see what happens to his chin from here. Shades of Liddel I'm thinking.

Ferguson looked a little sluggish to me. Of course that could be because of the heavy shots he was taking. Gaethje just looked crisp and very efficient. He didn't seem to throw a lot of empty strikes. His footwork and range was fantastic.

It will be interesting to see if he works on his ground game for Khabib. With his background he should have plenty of experience, but he hasn't used it in a while.

Gaethje just looked crisp and very efficient. No probing shots, no shoe shinning, nothing but heavy leather, crisp and tight. He didn't seem to throw a lot of empty strikes indeed. And like you said, his footwork, weaving and bobbing as he closed the distance were awesome.

It seemed like every punch Gaethje threw had seriously bad intentions. It was a crazy good performance.

Who knows what was up with Ferguson; the double weight cut, the culmulative damage of his career, maybe an injury we don't know about, something else?. But it doesn't really matter to the Gaethje masterclass performance narrative. Ferguson was on a 13 fight winning streak and in many peoples eyes (including mine) the only legit threat the dethrone the Khabib. And lets be honest, the jury was still out on Gaethje.. Sure he is a banger but wins over Cerrone, Barbosa and Vick didn't fully sell me on the whole 'patient Gaethje' idea. But he comes out like a heavy handed surgeon and batters Ferguson into submission. The sequence before Herb stops the fight with Ferguson shaking his head, stumbling and doing some weird sh*t with his hand was intense. Dude was beyond f*cked.

As for the Khabib wrestling thing,I think I heard Rogan say on his podcast that Gaethje has not attempted single takedown in his UFC career. And yet he has legit wrestling credentials so it will be interesting to see how he plays his cards.
    Last edited by Angle Parking; 05-10-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Its fucking fight night!!!!!

Name:  IMG_6447.jpeg
Views: 254
Size:  570.0 KB

I just saw the Gaethje-Ferguson fight. Man. What a war

Justin Gaethje has always been one of my favorite fighters. He's just one of the most fun fighters to watch, yet puts off an air that he's a humble guy unlike most of the other top level guys (coughMacGregor*Cough*). He has heavy hands and also a fantastic chin. His wrestling pedigree is not disputed yet he never wants to wrestle - he gives fans what they want to watch, fireworks, and has been rewarded many times in his career with "fight of the night" bonuses as a result. I think the best thing he brings into the ring is the "You're going to have to actually kill me to stop me" attitude that most fighters don't have. It also seems like he truly loves to fight, like he's always saying.

I would love - LOVE - to see Justin Gaethje beat Khabib and win the title. He deserves it IMO

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I just saw the Gaethje-Ferguson fight. Man. What a war

Justin Gaethje has always been one of my favorite fighters. He's just one of the most fun fighters to watch, yet puts off an air that he's a humble guy unlike most of the other top level guys (coughMacGregor*Cough*). He has heavy hands and also a fantastic chin. His wrestling pedigree is not disputed yet he never wants to wrestle - he gives fans what they want to watch, fireworks, and has been rewarded many times in his career with "fight of the night" bonuses as a result. I think the best thing he brings into the ring is the "You're going to have to actually kill me to stop me" attitude that most fighters don't have. It also seems like he truly loves to fight, like he's always saying.

I would love - LOVE - to see Justin Gaethje beat Khabib and win the title. He deserves it IMO
    He deserves a title shot for sure, he only deserves the title if he can beat Khabib.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Teixeira - Smith and the ensuing controversy about wether or not to throw in the towel is an interesting debate. On the broadcast DC was criticizing Smith's corner for their vocal micro management right from the start of the fight. And without the crowd noise you could plainly hear their incessant instructions. How can that not be annoying? , Smith's got a trained killer in front of him trying to knock his head off and he;sz got to process non stop gabber / screaming from his corner. And then, when some vocalizing from the corner was necessary, ie. throwing in the towel or telling their guy he's done enough for tonight, they don't say a word. As the fight got worse and worse for Smith, his corner grew more and morel silent. They had so much to say before but when things got rough, they let their dude take a hellacious beating.

^"my teeth are falling out"

Boom, thank you uncle Dana

Name:  IMG_6469.jpeg
Views: 2206
Size:  773.1 KB