Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    never seen something like that - he used that glove touch as a "1" and threw a 1-2 to open the fight?!? I like "cowboy" a lot too - one of my favorite WEC guys. I'm glad we're gonna get to see more of him now in the UFC.

Dude, really? Bader was certainly no hack. He was undefeated, against some pretty quality opponents. Matt Hamil is no hack either, and although that was his only "loss", Jones was destroying Hamil until that alleged "12 to 6" elbow. Brandon Vera isnt a hack, and neither is Stephan Bonnar, and he absolutely destroyed those guys too. I think he's fought some pretty good names, and is absolutely ready for his title shot. He's gonna win, and I bet he reigns in the light heavy division for a LONG time to come.

These guys are gatekeepers at best. Look at their records, and tell me who any of THEM have beat that's high level. Brandon Vera stands out for his victory over Frank Mir, but that was 5 years ago, and he has been dissapointing ever since.
    Again. Not counting Bones out, but he hasn't faced anyone on the level of Shogun.
    Training for Alpental

As excited for tonights card as I've been in awhile:

Big Mouth Bisping defends his belt vs GSP in his return to the ring (finally!!) How can you not love St Pierre.
    Cody Garbrandt defends his belt vs TJ Dilleshaw. great matchup, bad blood. Should be a brawl
    even the women's fight I'm pyched about, two chicks that I think will go to war

who's watching??

Hendo vs Bisping was awesome. #tothemoonalice
    Wish gsp had hendo power and mean streak

Coupla good K.O.'s so far; OSP headkick...i blinked and anderson was lying flat. The foot was quicker than the eye.
    Master of mediocrity.

^^^ that OSP headkick knockout was awesome. Last prelim fight ended pretty well too, uppercut knockout for Vick at the bell.. Good prelim card

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Hendo vs Bisping was awesome. #tothemoonalice
    Wish gsp had hendo power and mean streak
    GSP doesnt have the same power but who's the better fighter overall, Hendo or St Pierre? Gotta say GSP.

Rose Namajunas KNOCKING OUT Joanna Jedrzrezyjk - the number 1 pound for pound female fighter in the world AND trying to tie Rousey for most all time title defenses - in the FIRST round, as a -400 underdog.. is one of the biggest upsets of all time. Unbelievable.

Co-main event still to come

Dillashaw knocks out Garbrandt in the 2nd!!!? Retakes the belt and ends Cody's undefeated career. Crazy! Two belts change hands so far.

One more to go. Please

Fingers crossed. Thanks for the updates

Bisping looking old AF.

GSP!!! GSP!! 4th round, put Bisping to sleep. Pouring blood (GSP) from Bisping elbows, St pierre landed a big L hook, on the button, delivered some GnP, faked backing off, got the rear naked choke and put Bisping to sleep.

like he said, what matters - technique, intelligence, experience. Fucking George St. Pierre! Two division Champ. Psyched! 3 belts changed hands tonight, fantastic card, historic.
    Last edited by Diamond Joe; 11-05-2017 at 10:53 AM.

FKNA! GSP hates to lose like no one else

GSP!!! I was in the camp of those who felt he should have stayed retired but wow! And yeah Bisping is arguably the weakest mw champ ever, and yes GSP tailor picked an opponent he felt he could beat but......wow! He looked great.

Where would you guys like to see him go from here?

I mean, he looked great when he was superman jabbing and rear naked choking, but he also looked not so great getting diced up by the weakest mw champ ever from the bottom! C'mon Georges, you gotta pass that guard.

And he also didn't look great when he was sucking wind in the second round of a five round fight. He alluded to it in his interview with Joe but he probably isn't a natural mw and honestly I probably wouldn't bet on him against whittaker/rockhold/and maybe even weidman.

I've been a lifelong gsp fan, and the things I've always loved about him were the things that shone tonight, but if I'm being real he wasn't looking infallible tonight.

Oh and he probably set a new UFC record for the most times saying "Sorry" in a post fight interview.

Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post

And he also didn't look great when he was sucking wind in the second round of a five round fight. He alluded to it in his interview with Joe but he probably isn't a natural mw and honestly I probably wouldn't bet on him against whittaker/rockhold/and maybe even weidman.
    He looked huge in there and you gotta think there was a price to pay for that on the cardio front. He looked more gassed in the 2nd round than we've ever seen him. Never seen hm takes those big breaths before and the hands were starting to drop. I'm thinking he's done with middleweight. He saw an opportunity in Bisping to become a 2 division champ and now he moves back down. Huge GSP fan and I think he did fantastic tonight , his striking was great and his takedowns were what they usually are but it's hard to see how he beats giants like Rockhold. I'd like to see him make a run at lightweight. Try to become the first 3 div champ.

UFC 217 = G.O.A.T. fight card. Bell 2 bell quality. Drama, knockouts, upsets and a new Canuckecois M.W. champ. Toque's off to ya G.S.P. Hard won victory. That was pretty awesome to behold...as were the rest of the fights.
    Master of mediocrity.

holy fuck, best card of 2017 for sure...Thug Rose making easy work of JJ was shocking. I had a feeling though when JJ couldn't get Rose to even blink during any of their stare-downs. Cody needs to go back to the drawing board and stop worrying about who lied & who is a snake lol...and fucking GSP, best ever?

Anyone want to talk about Holly Holm vs Cyborg

Great night of combat sports well worth the $59.99
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

It was very satisfying seeing Cody get KTFO.

Definitely the best card of 2017 and one of the best I've ever watched. Even the prelims on FS1 delivered.

Thug Rose knocking out JJ in the 1st was one of the biggest upsets in MMA history, right up there with Rousey getting KO'd by Holly Holm. Shocking knockout. Almost as equally shocking was Dillashaw - who looked DONE after the 1st round and was basically saved by the bell - getting the huge knockout of Garbrandt in the 2nd. Great fight.

I couldn't believe how big GSP looked either. Clearly impacted his conditioning which could've been a big problem if Bisping had taken him into deep water, championship rounds. GSP beat an opponent he hand picked who was a weight class higher than he's always fought at. He put himself back on the map in a major way - and he now dictates who he will fight next. My guess is he goes back down to 170 and immediately gets a title shot at Tyrone Woodley, but (like they were saying last night), he also matches up well with Robert Whittaker who is a smallish middleweight like Bisping. I'd be psyched about either fight!

Wonderboy is awesome
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

A highlight was how amped tj dillashaws mom was !!
    Zone Controller

UFC

Also fuck gsp, he's a doper

Can't believe how many elbows bisping took
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parkng View Post
    It was very satisfying seeing Cody get KTFO.
    Hahahaha ya
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Also fuck gsp, he's a doper
    Was makes you and others say that? Bisping accused him but he is a sh*t disturber who says just about anything so it's hard to take that seriously. BJ Penn went on about it but he is a walking emberrassment who makes little sense. Other than non sensical ramblings from half-wits, what makes you say that GSP is a doper. It's completely unfounded. He's jacked yes, but there is absolutely nothing in his past that even suggests he is a doper. In fact, his behaviour and stance on doping, up to and including voluntarily subjecting himself to VADA testing when his opponents refused to do so, suggests the opposite. Let's not forget he walked away from the sport because he felt doping was rampant and the UFC was doing nothing about it. The UFC brings in USADA and GSP is proven right. He is an advocate for clean sport and there is not a shred of evidence that he is a doper.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Can't believe how many elbows bisping took
    Bro are you just, like, padding your post count? or what
    Tighten it up man

and if you meant, you can't believe how many elbows GSP took, while in Bisping's gaurd, then I agree with you. Not sure it makes much sense the way you said it..

and I think you're wrong about GSP doping too

UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parkng View Post
    Was makes you and others say that? Bisping suggested that but he is a sh*t disturber so it's hard to take that seriously. BJ Penn went on about it but he is a walking emberrassment who makes little sense. Other than non sensical ramblings from talk watts, what makes you say that. It's completely unfounded. He's jacked yes, but there is absolutely nothing in his past that even suggests he is a doper. In fact, his behaviour and stance on doping, up to and including voluntarily subjecting himself to VADA testing when his opponents refused to do so, suggests the opposite.
    His body indicates steroids. His head size. Diaz called him out for doping. Bisping called him out. Moreover, he's not fun to watch
    Zone Controller