Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC

interesting...D.C. weighs in at 236lbs vs 246lbs in the first stipe fight.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    interesting...D.C. weighs in at 236lbs vs 246lbs in the first stipe fight.
    Both DC & Stipe looked lean yesterday, interested to see what Stipe weighs in at
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

230.5 for Stipe
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Man I wish I wasnt stuck at work tonight

what a stacked card

I had Costa by a hair with the pressure, body shots, etc....but...holy shit Romero...does he know that he's 42 fawking years old?

My only gripe...why oh why did he let Costa off the ropes...not once, but twice??? Thought for sure it was a finish in the making.

Damn that woulda been a hell of a main event...and still 2 more wars to go!
    Master of mediocrity.

Stipe with the 4th round KO?!?!? "And NEWWW!!"

wow

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Stipe with the 4th round KO?!?!? "And NEWWW!!"

wow
    Hellz yeah. Made the adjustments with those vicious digs with the left hand to the body...followed by the final flurry. Nice work Stipe. I was a doubter...thought D.C. had more ring i.q. All due respect to Stipe for the win. What a fight! That pace...for heavyweights...wow, indeed.

Dunno about you guys but those final 4 fights had that certain 'je ne sais quoi' that elevated the card above the rest this year. "There are levels to this game".
    Master of mediocrity.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    fuck yeah stipe
    fatass gassed and got knocked the fuck out
    by the better fighter in better shape
    to much time in front of the camera
    and #noonecaresaboutyourespy
    ftl
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^

Great night of fights, The Honda Center went the fuck off last night...

Feel bad for DC, he came in great shape & faught a great fight but Stipe did not come lose last night. Diaz looked great, he shut down Pettis in very aspect of that fight and the crowd went fucking nuts! Romero vs Costa was a brutal war, Paulo got wheeled out in a wheel chair, personally I think Romero won 2 rounds but that was as close as any fight Ive seen. 9 decisions last night made for a long fucking night in those seats, didn't leave the arena until almost 11pm & we got there at 3pm for the early prelims

i didn't watch the fight, just highlights, but was shocked at how fat cormier was.

I don't think Cormier was "fat", thats always been his body type. "Stout" I'd say

you don't get very many ripped heavyweights

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    roll them eyes all ya want he didn't look in shape for a 5 round title defense
    those end of the 3rd pitty pat punches said it all
    maybe stipe will flunk his whizz quiz and while the on the floor asswhoopin will remain he'll git another cheap win
    wouldn't bank on it
    so much for the ring rust theorists predictions
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I don't think Cormier was "fat", thats always been his body type. "Stout" I'd say

you don't get very many ripped heavyweights
    he looked fitter not that long ago. he's not just stout now.

At the same time, however, Cormier did his fair share to lose the match. In between rounds, his corner was strongly encouraging him to wrestle more instead of trying to go for the knockout shot. As was seen in the fight, these instructions were clearly ignored—Cormier did not attempt a takedown in the third or fourth—and he told reporters after the match that that was his biggest regret.

“They were begging me to wrestle, and that’s probably the most disappointing is I didn’t do what I was training to do, and I feel like I let my coaches down,” Cormier said Saturday night after being knocked.

[...]

“I think when you start finding success and landing things, you just kind of fall in love with it,” Cormier said. “It feels like the (Alexander) Gustafsson fight all over again, when I wrestled a lot in the first round, and the last four rounds I just didn’t.

“They were begging me to do it then, but tonight I actually paid the ultimate price for not listening to my coaches. Usually, I’m pretty good at doing that.

“I was hitting him, and I could see him getting marked up, and I think you fall in love with the visuals of a guy’s face getting marked up.”

https://deadspin.com/daniel-cormier-...ost-1837344782

Diaz! He really mixes things up now. Someone make the Cowboy rematch before they both retire.
    I'll watch DC lose over and over. He fell in love with is his hands? He fell in love with his hype. Dude has been living his own myth for years now calling himself the greatest of all time. Fuck DC.

Well, managed to watch the main event of ufc 157. Was kinda trippy watching/listening to Bruce Buffer just givin'er with his pre fight introduction speech with his bellicose delivery echoing to a seemingly empty arena...coulda heard a pin drop in the pauses between words...kinda seemed like he was practicing or something to a crowd that was directed to turn their volume to mute.

Then.... wow, .... AND NEW!!! Total domination in the 40 seconds of fighting. Nice tony ferg elbows, trippple C knees, Zhang Weili!
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Diaz! He really mixes things up now. Someone make the Cowboy rematch before they both retire.
    I'll watch DC lose over and over. He fell in love with is his hands? He fell in love with his hype. Dude has been living his own myth for years now calling himself the greatest of all time. Fuck DC.
    Really hate him too. But he's a good dad. Props to him.

Hopefully Khablob loses that zero today in front of his father & all of his "people"

Go D.P. Just a layman here but thinkin' a strong leg kick, knee, uppercut and body shot game could be keys to victory for the offence...and a strong offence could be a good defense to keep the takedown at bay? Mags who know the score; whuddyou guys think?
    Last edited by swissiphic; 09-07-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    Master of mediocrity.

Tony Ferguson is our only hope 🤷🏽♂️

Blowout.

Post fight presser...some interesting quote from Khabib:

reporter asks how he felt in second round when Dustin connected with a few punches:
    "ahh, how I can feel. this is a fight, you know. he punch my face, how I can feel....nobody like if someone punch your face. you know, dis is no good."

how's he gonna feel when Tony connects with his face...over and over again?

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 281
Size:  382.1 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D8l3fmNWwAAdbC9.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	293332  
    Master of mediocrity.

What a performance. EVERYONE is asleep on Khabibs hand speed, cardio, mental toughness. It's like we can only see his wrestling because it's SO good. Those entries! Mixed in really well with his hands, like GSP but more dominant once the clinch is on, and maybe without the kicks.

Tony throws those elbows and they cut people. That said it's hard to get that range with a wrestler as dynamic as the Eagle because wrestling counters pressure striking so effectively.

"On the way in..." is what you hear. Maybe. Rubber Guard? 10p BJJ? Maybe. I bet Tony will be looking a lot at just the right squeeze to finish an arm in Guillotine. If Dustin could have gotten his elbow high we might have had "And New" istead of "And Still" Stoked for Furgesson to finally have his well deserved shot. I think it's a dangerous fight for Khabib, but still think Justin Gaethje is the most dangerous fight for Khabib. Intriguing on many levels.

Paul Felder received the greatest gift of Modern UFC judging blunders. I like Felder, but C'mon. When are we gonna see something done about the judging. At least stop having big fights in places where the judges are not experienced with the UFC. These are people's careers. Barbosa won that so clearly, and deserves to have the UFC to fix that crap.

Cerrone was still in that fight.....before he blew his nose. Maybe after Tony get "Smeshed", and if Cerrone somehow miraculously undoes Gaethje, maybe we see a rerun of Cowboy v Tony. I heard Masvidal v Diaz on for sure.
    Last edited by DaveVt; 09-08-2019 at 09:43 AM.

I’m not mad about the Felder decision. That was a close fight. It’s crazy that he got 30-27 but it easily could have gone either way.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I’m not mad about the Felder decision. That was a close fight. It’s crazy that he got 30-27 but it easily could have gone either way.
    I'll have to watch it again, but I felt like Paul Felder was in trouble from the first exchanges.

Just watched it again...Felder did have some moments. At the end I think he got lit up by counter strikes. Body/Head left hooks. Spinning back fist. Knees. Then those switch kicks to the body and leg at range....and a take down.

30-27 both ways in a split decision? The judging almost couldn't get worse.

Felder won the takedown. He cracked Edson and got taken down but all the damage on the ground was Felder. He opened him up. Obviously the switch kicks to the body were Edson’s bread and butter but I think Felder did more damage. Fight could easily have gone either way. No way anyone deserved 30-27 the judging is no doubt fucked.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer