Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC

Good Main Card. Seems like Gustafsson will just never get that belt. I didn't like how much he moved away for the first 7 minutes. Smith has power, but I think Gus let him into the fight by not establishing his technical box advantage earlier. Not sure it would have changed the outcome.

The Manuwa KO was horrible. Guys whip-lashing the backs of their heads onto the canvas completely unconscious is the most dangerous aspect of this sport. I hate to see that.

Next week!!!! Such a stacked card.

Enjoyed some good fights last weekend.

Coming up, a pretty stacked card.

For the main event (in my mind and i'm sure a lotta other folks), hard to not go for Cowboy at this point but rootin' for Tony for a bunch of reasons. Fearing Dad Cowboy's gonna show up and spoil the 11 win undefeated streak of the stripped interim "shoulda had that damn khabib fight" champ. It's just hard to see how he can be in top fighting shape after what he's been through..too soon, too soon...who knows though; go Tony!

fwiw: for the rest of 'em I've got: (not happy about it but thinkin' he'll outskill) cejudo, bullet, rivera, ivanov, suarez, munhoz, grasso, lamas. My fight prediction game thus far in 2019's been about as good as my dismally overoptimistic seasonal weather predictions so i'll live with a lawndart if things go fully south.
    Last edited by swissiphic; 06-07-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    Master of mediocrity.

Fucking A this card is stacked!!!

I'm going with...

Moraes
    Shevchenko by murder lol
    I refuse to pick Cowboy vs Ferguson

Spectacular main card. Too bad about Tony's tainted win but damn he was lookin' good in the second, loosening up and boogeymanning the hell outta cowboy. Can't see how the tide would have turned in the third in Cerrnone's favor but still...tainted victory.

Bullet victory...looked like a total mismatch.

And damn, Henry...what a comeback after getting annihilated with leg kicks in the first. Great fight i.q. to make those adjustments and reads in the 2nd. Never mind the sheer will to even get in the octagon with a totally fawked ankle. Cringe gets a bit of street cred.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Spectacular main card. Too bad about Tony's tainted win but damn he was lookin' good in the second, loosening up and boogeymanning the hell outta cowboy. Can't see how the tide would have turned in the third in Cerrnone's favor but still...tainted victory.

Bullet victory...looked like a total mismatch.

And damn, Henry...what a comeback after getting annihilated with leg kicks in the first. Great fight i.q. to make those adjustments and reads in the 2nd. Never mind the sheer will to even get in the octagon with a totally fawked ankle. Cringe gets a bit of street cred.
    Agree. Tony was putting a pace on him, but I had it at 1 and 1. I could never count Cerrone out of a fight. That hand speed and the jab were killing him. I don't see a rematch. Tony fights the winner of Dustin and Khabib. Maybe Cerrone and Conner? Justin also still in the mix. I think if Cowboy can win 1 more he'll get a title shot. Not sure how anyone could not be rooting for Cerrone to retire with a belt. Schevchenko looks unbeatable at that weight.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    The fight I'd love to see is Ferguson vs McGregor, mostly because i don't like McGregor, and I think Tony would beat the piss out of him.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    The fight I'd love to see is Ferguson vs McGregor, mostly because i don't like McGregor, and I think Tony would beat the piss out of him.
    +1
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I thing Conner will have to earn a little back after being so inactive, if he ever comes back at all. Tony needs his shot, after the whole interim belt situation...then knee....his mental health issues.

On the Cerrone fight, round 1 Donald kind of kicked his ass. In rd 2, Tony pressured him more, which is how you beat Cerrone, and busted his face up with those jabs and a few great elbows. It all came off the jab and perry-counter. Really nice striking. I think Cowboy needed to be ready to score a take down, or at least faint some shots to counter that relentless pace and pressure Furgeson can put on.

UFC 238 delivered for sure!! Cerrone has a orbital fracture to go along with that broken nose, ouch. Ferguson is unreal & in my opinion he gives Khablob his first loss but I think we all know that McGregor gets the rematch after the Poirier fight. It's fucking bullshit but Uncle Dana is a shit heel & could give a fuck about Ferguson or the fans so I think McGregor fights Khablob in December.

Shechenko is a scary women & like DaveVt said most likely unbeatable at 125...Eye got that serving of humble pie she needed so badly though lol.

Nobody Talking about Triple C though , Henry is a god damn beast & I will never doubt that dude again. I bet that was a bitter pill for Marlon to swallow.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    UFC 238 delivered for sure!! Cerrone has a orbital fracture to go along with that broken nose, ouch. Ferguson is unreal & in my opinion he gives Khablob his first loss but I think we all know that McGregor gets the rematch after the Poirier fight. It's fucking bullshit but Uncle Dana is a shit heel & could give a fuck about Ferguson or the fans so I think McGregor fights Khablob in December.

Shechenko is a scary women & like DaveVt said most likely unbeatable at 125...Eye got that serving of humble pie she needed so badly though lol.

Nobody Talking about Triple C though , Henry is a god damn beast & I will never doubt that dude again. I bet that was a bitter pill for Marlon to swallow.
    Didn't mean to overlook Cejudo. What else is there for him other than a mighty mouse rematch?

Beiber vs Tom Cruise?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

TC would murder Bieber.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    TC would murder Bieber.

Tommy was a good HS wrestler. He would double leg the shit out of the Beeb.

Good post

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Tommy was a good HS wrestler. He would double leg the shit out of the Beeb.
    TC is fucking nuts, he’ll bite Beibers ear off or something.

I’d pay good money to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    TC is fucking nuts, he’ll bite Beibers ear off or something.

I’d pay good money to watch.

I think TC and CM Punk would be a pretty legit match-up. That would be fun to watch.

UFC thread but....what about saturday's bareknuckle fight?

Malignaggi or Lobov?

Leaning towards Lobov. Bareknuckle experience, more intuitive experienced based clinchwork, proven hands that don't break, proven durability of head-face-chin, endurance, other intangibles.
    Master of mediocrity.

It will be a blood bath. Like in a knife fight....no one wins, both men end up cut to pieces.

Seeing Paulie’s face after he lost to Artem was fucking priceless lol 😂...

Fucking stoked for the main event!!! Couple of other good contests on this card as well, looking forward to seeing Erik ya boy Anders fight!

Pure gold....

^^fucking great

Holy fuck this card is ridiculous, super excited for tonight....

Hoping Jorge gives that curly headed fuck his first loss...and hoping Picogram gets knocked the fuck out 🤷🏽♂️

People on the MMA forums are smelling a night of upsets. Could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    People on the MMA forums are smelling a night of upsets. Could it be?
    Maybe but I doubt it...

In my shitty opinion I think Jones & Nunes win convincingly but Jorge has a chance against Askren. I hope Rockhold gets knocked the fuck out again but its doubtful & I think Chiesa is too much of a pussy to withstand Diego's pace and lunacy for 15 minutes. But I am the worst at picking fights so who the fuck knows
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    Maybe but I doubt it...

In my shitty opinion I think Jones & Nunes win convincingly but Jorge has a chance against Askren. I hope Rockhold gets knocked the fuck out again but its doubtful & I think Chiesa is too much of a pussy to withstand Diego's pace and lunacy for 15 minutes. But I am the worst at picking fights so who the fuck knows
    I agree. I don't want to agree, but I do.

My cats helped in throwing darts at a board.

Jones
    Nunes
    Askren
    Rockhold
    Chiesa
    Allen
    Vera
    Markos (Go Canada!) but prolly be Gadelha with hand raised in decision victory
    Yadong
    Marshman
    Recountre
    Avila
    Master of mediocrity.