Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC

So fucking stoked for this card!!!!! Last nights Invicta tournament was pretty entertaining, fighting 3 different people in one night is no joke respect to those ladies.

picks:
    Iaquinta
    Theodorou
    Swanson
    Katona

I am not familiar with a lot of these guys.
    Cerrone and Swanson are my picks. Otherwise I want to see guys show up to fight.
    It would be awesome to see a UFC Grand Prix like in the old days.

Holy fucking shit cowboy is on a fucking mission

What a finish. That last 30 seconds was amazing. What a ledge. Al's one tough kid though

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Forgot how big Donald is for 55s.
    Saw a lot of Firas last night. Love him as a BJJ guy and beyond, but didn't love how his guys fought. Elias has perhaps the most ugly looking stand up I have ever seen. Felt bad for Brunson having to dance with that mess. Then Sanchez runs from his opponent and wrestle stalls the last 90 seconds oof the third to try and coast to a "win" because he scored a take down in the second. Lame, glad he lost the decision.

Here's his take on Bare-knuckle. His "Ask me Anythings" on youtube are pretty good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrZgzWiwFok
    Last edited by DaveVt; 05-05-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Walt Harris is a scary man. I’d like to see him fight Greg Hardy next. Hardy doesn’t deserve to be co-main, and he needs to play punch-face with a worthy opponent.

Not impressed with the younger Zahabi. He should have gone to Bellator or One FC.

Theodorou only gets fights because the UFC comes to Canada. And he’s pretty.

And then there’s Cowboy. Once he established his left jab, the fight changed for him. It was always available for him, and always landed right between the eyes of Iaquinta. As tough as Al is, when you get hit in the nose 3 or 4 or twenty times, it starts to wear you out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Soooo Jordan Burroughs defeats Ben Askren 11-0 wtf...maybe Jordan should seek out a UFC contract
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    Soooo Jordan Burroughs defeats Ben Askren 11-0 wtf...maybe Jordan should seek out a UFC contract
    Burroughs wants to win another Olymipic gold medal first, but is considering it for the future. Dana White has already said that he would love to sign him.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I’m not sure what to fucking do 😳 so many good fights on today!!

Any guesses how Thug Rose will fare against Andrade? Just rewatched the Joanna champion fight against A and it was a pretty sound victory... What improvements can Andrade bring to the table to give Thug a run for the money? Rose is a master of distance management but doesn't seem to have the volume striking game (both hand and foot game) like Joanna does/did to keep that distance...is that a weakness Andrade can exploit? What about Rose's take down defense and work in the guard? How's her knee game? Suspect she'll need it to thwart takedown attempts and work in the clinch.

Andrade does have power in those hands...if that distance is closed and she connects, all it can take is one punch to upset the applecart.
    Master of mediocrity.

If Rose can avoid getting caught I think she beats Andrade in a 5 round decision, in my opinion Rose is more technical & a master of distance. Plus her ground game is as good as anyones, but if Andrade connects clean just once the fight is over. Crazy to think you have to go 25 minutes without one mistake, I can't even go 5 rounds on the heavy bag without hyperextending one of my elbows lol....
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

If Rose can avoid getting caught I think she beats Andrade in a 5 round decision, in my opinion Rose is more technical & a master of distance. Plus her ground game is as good as anyones, but if Andrade connects clean just once the fight is over. Crazy to think you have to go 25 minutes without one mistake, I can't even go 5 rounds on the heavy bag without hyperextending one of my elbows lol....
    Agreed...can't wait for the fight. Hoping for a Thug Rose surprise submission but def leaning towards that endurance fest 5 rounder.

And lol, i'm just a layman/skier/not involved in the fight game but full credit for going five rounds with the heavy bag...i tweaked a muscle in my shoulder during the DC/Stipe fight due to overstoke air punching trying to recreate DC's winning blow. Dreams of learning some actual skills with physical contact crushed. lol.
    Master of mediocrity.

Whats with the geriatric card tonight?

BJ Penn??? How desperate is he for a paycheck that he'll take a bottom of the undercard fight against Clay Guida??
    Minotaruo Nogero?? Did he take his walker out to the ring??
    Anderson Silva is 44!!! I mean, come on

^^that was funny lol...

Agreed though, Penn, Nogero & Silva need to walk away NOW.

Poor Rose, she was winning that fight in every aspect except for the WWE slams. Hopefully she doesn't retire but I would totally understand.

Have we talked about Cowboy vs Ferguson yet

Poor Rose, she was winning that fight in every aspect except for the WWE slams. Hopefully she doesn't retire but I would totally understand.
    In almost 20 years of watching MMA, I have never seen a knockout like that. and you're right, Namajunas handed Andrade her ass for almost the entire fight, just walked all over her. Completely outclassed with her angles, her footwork, her striking. She looked like she started to get a little bit tired late in the second which is no bueno in a 5 round championship fight, and it led to the KO. Crazy

Is anybody surprised that Silva's fight ended with an injury??? Jeeze I'm surprised the guys hip didnt blow out. Are those guys that desperate for money? Or is the spotlight?

Have we talked about Cowboy vs Ferguson yet
    That’s should be a hell of a fight.

Also, Ortega/Zabit and Nate/Pettis promise fireworks as well.

Sent from inside the house
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Cerrone is on a mission. Tony is weird in the ring. Pace is how he finishes people. Day drinkin' Donnie has been going to war for ever. I don't see cardio beating Cowboy. Plus, Donald likes weird. When people get crazy he smiles, starts bouncing on his toes, get's loose and fucks people up. Great fight. I think Tony gets stopped, maybe tapped. Wrestling counters striking pressure and it could end up on the ground with a tap.

Rose wins 4 of 5 rematches. She sounds like she's close to calling it quits.

All the old Brazillians want to fight in Rio. Everyone in Rio wants to see them fight. I'd like to see BJ start training for BJJ comps. Gi or No Gi. We never really got to see the full potential of the Prodigy.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    In almost 20 years of watching MMA, I have never seen a knockout like that.
    The best will always be:

The biggest question coming out of 237: will BJ look more and more like Akebono as he ages...maybe his retirement fight can be at superheavyweight against Bob Sapp???
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    I think Tony gets stopped, maybe tapped.
    Bold prediction, I like your style Dave

Looking forward to tomorrows fight night, not the greatest card but definitely some potentially exciting contests for sure...

Hoping RDA shuts Lee's loud mouth, Megan Anderson is fun to watch & Lentz vs Oliviera should be a good one.

Aspen Ladd vs Sijara Eubanks has potential to be exciting as well.

I'll believe Diaz vs Pettis when the cage door closes

I'll believe Diaz vs Pettis when the cage door closes
    No doubt. Nick fought when last? Since there's a Diaz and Cerrone being talked about, I will digress a bit and say that before it's all over for both guys, Cerrone NEEDS to fight Nate again.

Fucking stoked!!!!

Holy shit Kevin Lee knows how to lose. Giving up that arm triangle was white belt shit.

June 8 is so fucking stacked right down through the prelims. Might be the biggest fight of Cerrone's career. Let's go Cowboy!

^^fuck yeah!!! I'm torn though, I really like Ferguson...I don't want to see either guy lose, double knock out lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Holy shit Kevin Lee knows how to lose. Giving up that arm triangle was white belt shit.
    I missed this...

Right?! My wife gets out of that choke when I "practice" on her in the living room lol

Here we go!!!