Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC

Got it!!!! End of the 2nd round co main

Adesayna piecing up Kelvin & overcoming the takedown

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    fuck my motherfucking life...for whatever reason I can't order the PPV on uncle Dana new ESPN+ platform
    1st world problems mang

Edit: you got half way through the co main event?!? So a fight and a half for 60 bucks. main event better be a damn good fight

Fucking sylebender son!!!!!

Lol worth every penny 😂

Holy shit main event!!! So fucking stoked

Edit: did Anders win?

Anders lost. He got lit up baaaaad.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Had a feeling Adesanya was gonna pull it out

Max getting beat up 🤕

Poirier is a stud

Diamond son 💪🏽

you got your moneys worth I would say. 2 five round WARS for belts

Great fights. Kelvin surged too early....and WHY do you shoot a double after putting someone on stiff legs with a head kick??? He had his chances, his cardio failed him, I had him winning after 4. Crazy he's only 27. He'll be back maybe a little more fit.

Max is so tough, but has to grow in to 155.

Whoever that guy was fighting for Kahlil Roundtree, give him a contract! He looked like a different fighter.

More questionable decisions as well. That factor is one of the biggest issues with the sport right now, particularly when they travel to new countries and cities. Why can't the UFC employ some retired fighters to judge?
    Last edited by DaveVt; 04-14-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Rountree is a bad, bad man. I can’t believe Anders is still standing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Then I guess that makes Johnny Walker a god because he executed the old Rountree five months ago. Dominated is too light a term for it. He did Rountree as casually as if he had to put down a hurt animal. Just sayin', light heavy is a fairly thin division and Rountree isn't even top 15. He put on a good show but Anders sure wasn't ready for the big stage. I'll have to see Rountree step up to serious competition before I get back on his hype train. IMO, a match with two unranked fighters shouldn't be slotted so high on a big ppv night.

Rogan and DC were raving about Rountree's improvement. Yeah, there was a lot of room for improvement after being taken behind the barn and shot like this. This was more like a captive bolt gun than an elbow.

The co-main sure was epic and I agree that Gastellum blew his early chance to finish the Stylebender. Once he had recovered enough to set up and throw a precise spinning elbow, the tide had turned.
    Name:  GettyImages-1136954261.jpg.hashed.2a32c45e.desktop.story.inline.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  47.3 KB

I was genuinely surprised Holloway got lured into some swang and bang in round one. Perhaps he felt there was nothing to lose since they weren't fighting for his belt. Getting stunned cost him his mobility and he's just not the same fighter if he is not controlling the fight with his footwork. Holloway has to execute a perfect technical fight to beat an elite 155lb striker; obviously, he did not.

Now Poirier gets to fight Kabob and that will probably go the same way as Kabob's last two fights against boxers. Kabob wins. Boxers aren't worth shit once they are grounded plus, if he can't knock out Holloway in a straight boxing match, then he probably won't KO Kabob. Poirier is great but I think dethroning Kabob requires a skill set more like Cormier's.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-14-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Poirier is a black belt in BJJ. Probably a lot more dangerous on the ground that Iaquinta or Conor. I don't think it will matter as Khabib's top game has not been stopped yet. That combination of low mount and inside wrist control leads to getting punchedin the face until you turn your back or give up an arm. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Poirier is a black belt in BJJ. Probably a lot more dangerous on the ground that Iaquinta or Conor. I don't think it will matter as Khabib's top game has not been stopped yet. That combination of low mount and inside wrist control leads to getting punchedin the face until you turn your back or give up an arm. The end.
    Poirier has only had one submission finish in the last seven years and it was against a badly injured Pettis. He really doesn't go to the ground much against top tier fighters. I think the guy to beat Kabob has to be able either to out-wrestle him or, failing that, has to be strong enough on the ground to get back to his feet and continue striking. I think it is going to take an elite wrestle boxer with crushing elbow strikes to beat Kabob.

^^Tony Ferguson is that man
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Maybe when he gets those tracking chips out of his body he will be back in the octagon.

I think Geathje is more dangerous but it would be cool to see the 10th planet system vs. fundamentally sound wrestling pressure. Jiu Jitsu will help Dustin do a better job of defending that leg mount than either Conor or Ragin' Al did. Khabib's system from top in the cage is so good. He is explosive on his take down entries and keeps incredible posture all the way through his take downs. It's hard to put a pace on someone when they counter pressure with wrestling. You end up on bottom where it's difficult to force action obviously. His only "Hole" is that he get's hit....but he seems to have a chin. I think after this next fight he fights GSP. George might be the guy to deal with his pressure. Might even double leg him.

Smoke up johny...4/20 fights from Russia bitches!!!!

How was that card?

Lion Fight 54 on CBS right now - straight Muay Thai bitches!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    How was that card?

Lion Fight 54 on CBS right now - straight Muay Thai bitches!!
    Fight card was the bees knees.

Lots of finishes from the get go; good action, very technical co-main...and those knees by the demolition man in the main...wow.
    Master of mediocrity.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Fight card was the bees knees.

Lots of finishes from the get go; good action, very technical co-main...and those knees by the demolition man in the main...wow.
    It was odd, the commentators suggested that Overeem had trained knees for this fight, as if it was something new, but knees have always been one of his most devastating weapons, he's had 9 TKOs from knees (not counting the Lesnar fight, in which they figured significantly) before this fight. I was just glad to see that he wasn't running away from his opponent's power this time, which has been too often the case since he went to Jackson/Wink.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Anyone watching Titan FC 54 on fightpass..couple of good fights so far

So fucking stoked for UFC Fort Lauderdale tomorrow 💪🏽

Tonight’s card is pretty fucking stacked!!!

Damn, Bellator has a decent card tonight as well...

Rory sounds like he's had enough broken noses. Firas thinks he'll be back.

Cerrone this w/e! My favorite fighter. If he makes a statement against Ragin' Al he should be in the mix for a top 2 fight. I think Tony has to get the winner of the next title shot, but the winner of that fight? Not to sleep on Al's toughness and power, I think he's a tough fight for anyone.

Always like Cub fights too. He's in a weird spot. 3 fight slide, but he's been fighting only tough guys forever. Lost to Ortega while beating him up. Fights a kid at 11-1 who hasn't fought anybody, but sure looks tough. I'd love to see Cub go on a run before he's done and get another shot at Ortega and maybe fight Poirier again at some point.
    https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-...y-04-2019#7813

I am super stoked for Cowboy vs Ragin Al!!!! But first I really excited for the Phoenix Rising tournament tonight....