Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC

GSP versus Fitch...about to begin!!!
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

GSP
    is
    precise
    and
    patient
    and

a

MONSTER!

STILL THE UNDISPUTED CHAMP!

Best athlete in the world? I say...yes.
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

dominating performance by GSP. Lesnar was impressive, too bad his ground game wasnt tested again. Was suprised Florian was as successful as he was against Huerta.

Why does Lesnar have a penis tattooed on his chest?

That's odd.

One of the best cards top to bottom I have ever seen. Not a single boring fight. Even the Lesnar/Herring fight was entertaining.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

The MacDonald v Maia fight was BAD ASS!!! The Lesnar v Herring fight started well, but then Lesnar just kind of laid on Herring the rest of the match. GSP is a bad, bad man; and Fitch can take a punch.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Bit harsh on Lesnar.

Third MMA fight. Got sloppy against Mir. Beat Herring convincingly.

And don't forget Herring went the distance with Fedor.

Great card.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Huckable View Post
    Wow, Brock Lesnar can't finish a fight he's totally dominating AND then he ends it by pointing and laughing at Herring???
    What a fucknozzle. He's lost me as a fan.
    OOOOh, his interview with Rogan is on right now - "CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?!" What an asshole. And posing photo-shoot style, afterward? PLEASE!
    EDIT: I guess Lesnar is trying to position himself as "the guy the fans hate". You can take the boy out of theatre sports, but you can't take the theatre sports out of the boy.
    Lesnar is for real. He just needs to adjust his attitude. This isnt WWE. This is UFC. He'll figure it out.

Hopefully he watched the GSP/Fitch fight and took some notes. They touched gloves before every round, plus a little extra respect before the last round, then after the fight, GSP (the WINNER) got on his KNEES, bowing to Fitch, who then did the same back, before hugging each other and exchanging more words. RESPECT. Exactly what I love about this sport.

Anyhow, great card, all the fights were exciting. Florian #1 contender for lightweights cuz he didnt get in a brawl with Huerta. (Seems like that guy gets madder the harder you hit him!) Lesnar is for real, and GSP is a true champion. The only disappointing fight was Emerson KOing Gamburyian in 12 seconds. Thought that was gonna be a great fight.

Why did BJ Penn get in the ring after the main event? What, he's gonna go up to 170 to fight GSP? I doubt it. He should probably concern himself more with defending his title in a really competitive lightweight division...

anybody watchin ultimate fight night?

good start to it.. Houston Alexander looked like he was gonna end it early. NO idea how that other dude took as many big shots as he did and still won it

Just found this thread, thanks for the bump Diamond. I'll be watching FN tonight as well as TUF premiere.

Big MMA fan, used to watch Pride primarily but all we got is UFC, and it's been getting (slightly) better.

Hopefully Affliction keeps gaining popularity, I was at the first card and it was amaaaaazing.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Bump.

Anybody catch the fights last night? Looked like a good card.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

It was a good card. After watching Machida fight, all the other competitors looked like amateurs.

Matt Hughes had a great recovery from an accidental headbutt. At the end of the round he had to ask is corner guy if he had been knocked out. You know you've been hit in the head a few times when you can't remember what happened 2.5 minutes ago.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Machida beat that ass. Rampage is in for a world of hurt. thought serra took it but would have liked to see it go a few more rounds as neither impressed me much.

I think last nights championship fight may be my favorite MMA fight of all time.

I'm glad Lyoto won. Between him and Anderson Silva, I think it helps to show the evolution of the sport from your bar room brawl type of a few years ago to more precise tactics of these two. Now, if someone will either A) make Brock go away, or B) Give him some technique.
    Kansas - First Of The Rectangle States

I watched about 2 hours of WEC on VS yesterday. That shit is pretty cool, especially since I'm a college wrestling fan and that seems to be a huge part of the gameplan.

What are the main differences between UFC and WEC?
    Last edited by Tippster; 05-26-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post

What are the main differences between UFC and WEC?
    Owned by the same people. More weight classes for the smaller guys. For the bigger guys, the competition isn't at the same level as the UFC.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

goddammit im so SICK of Anderson Silva!!!

although, that was one of the more impressive knockouts ive ever seen... got the KO on a front kick/push kick??!?! wtf??

we need Silva/Sonnen 2.. not sure Silva would do it though

great card, Franklin/Griffen, Jones/Bader.. Well worth the price of admission.

I think Jonny Bones starts his own Silva-esque reign of terror in six weeks when he takes on Shogun. That guy is straight up nasty.. he looks unbeatable. Pretty humble, too. sorta the ANTI Anderson Silva

really?!? NOBODY got the pay-per-view???

Good card. I was hoping a couple of the fights would be a little more exciting, but solid nonetheless.

Anderson is undoubtedly the best ever. Dude is unreal.

Bones is the future no doubt. I don't see Shogun putting him away. I see him being champ for quite some time, even though he is still relatively inexperienced. Perhaps Anderson moves up and challenges for that title if he hangs around long enough after kicking GSPs ass... and I like GSP.

I wish the Torres/Banuelos fight had been more exciting. I think Torres was a bit cautious and playing it safe to solidify a win in his UFC debut.

Cerrone is one of my favorites. He's matured a bit since his early days. I'm surprised that he was so calm and classy after Kelly tried to sucker him at the opening of the fight.

I was stoked on the Griffin/Franklin fight just because of how closely match those two guys are. It was well fought and Griffin deserved the win.

Silva and hype is still lame.
    pájaro enfermo

Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
    Good card. I was hoping a couple of the fights would be a little more exciting, but solid nonetheless.

Anderson is undoubtedly the best ever. Dude is unreal.

Bones is the future no doubt. I don't see Shogun putting him away. I see him being champ for quite some time, even though he is still relatively inexperienced. Perhaps Anderson moves up and challenges for that title if he hangs around long enough after kicking GSPs ass... and I like GSP.

I wish the Torres/Banuelos fight had been more exciting. I think Torres was a bit cautious and playing it safe to solidify a win in his UFC debut.

Cerrone is one of my favorites. He's matured a bit since his early days. I'm surprised that he was so calm and classy after Kelly tried to sucker him at the opening of the fight.
    John Jones has been beating up on has been's, TUF'ers, and one dimensional hacks. He has never faced elite competition. I'm not counting him out, but I doubt he will steamroll a high level striker, and BJJ black belt like Shogun.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    John Jones has been beating up on has been's, TUF'ers, and one dimensional hacks. He has never faced elite competition. I'm not counting him out, but I doubt he will steamroll a high level striker, and BJJ black belt like Shogun.
    Partial agreement. Bader was NOT a has-been or one-dimensional hack IMHO. He steamrolled him nonetheless.

Bones is gonna have a much tougher time against Shogun, but he WILL come out victorious, I am convinced of it. He's on a different level, athletically and creatively. I like Shogun a lot, huge fan, and he has the style I try to learn & emulate in my own fighting, but I'm afraid Bones is gonna beat him...

I was starting to dislike Silva and his attitude like so many others. Never understood him being a villain to so many. Anywho, that knockout was top ten for me. I still like his "style" for some reason.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
    never seen something like that - he used that glove touch as a "1" and threw a 1-2 to open the fight?!? I like "cowboy" a lot too - one of my favorite WEC guys. I'm glad we're gonna get to see more of him now in the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Dude, really? Bader was certainly no hack. He was undefeated, against some pretty quality opponents. Matt Hamil is no hack either, and although that was his only "loss", Jones was destroying Hamil until that alleged "12 to 6" elbow. Brandon Vera isnt a hack, and neither is Stephan Bonnar, and he absolutely destroyed those guys too. I think he's fought some pretty good names, and is absolutely ready for his title shot. He's gonna win, and I bet he reigns in the light heavy division for a LONG time to come.