Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC

Have you seen Almeida's resume? That guy has some serious wins in his career! But, Cote has some great hands. Should be a great fight!
    Kansas - First Of The Rectangle States

Anybody see it??!!?! UFC 86, nukka!

Unfortunately, Cote v Almeida sucked.

But the main event was definitely worth the price of admission!!! (And Lytle vs Kotchek was pretty good too...) Congrats to the NEW light heavy champ!!

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Almeida was robbed.

Great main event.

Forrest keeps on getting better.

I thought it was a pretty good ppv, judges on the main event were smoking crack though. rampage could've done more to finish, but he took 3 of the 5 rounds no question. griffins good but I feel like he gets pushed a bit much as their poster boy.

Quinton did not win that fight in any way shape or form. It wasn't the most exciting thing, but it was definitely Forrest's. Lytle's eye was almost challenging Eastman's for most impressive forehead vagina... That was wide!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Anybody see it??!!?! UFC 86, nukka!

Unfortunately, Cote v Almeida sucked.

But the main event was definitely worth the price of admission!!! (And Lytle vs Kotchek was pretty good too...) Congrats to the NEW light heavy champ!!
    I thought the Cote v Almeida fight was solid (EDIT: though I would have loved to see more of Almeida's Jujitsu!)...this is one of my big problems with the thug vegas fanbase the UFC has attracted. It was a stand-up guy vs jujitsu stud. Those guys aren't going to tangle. If you were Cote, would you have locked up with Almeida after the first round? And if you were Almeida, would you stay within striking distance of Cote's right? This is a byproduct of MMA, you put people with different styles in a ring, there are going to be fights that are purely strategic in nature, and lack the blood and brawling of Griffin/Bonnar (though there was enough blood in the Lytel fight for the whole night...eeesh). Anyway, it just pisses me off when the meat in the audience boos those guys...

As for the Griffin/Rampage fight...I think 48-46 was the right call...3 rounds to 2, with a 10-8 for Forrest in the 2nd...he absolutely dominated that round.

Pretty decent event in my book...especially when compared to the CBS (Kimbo Slice) trash.
    Last edited by cranked; 07-06-2008 at 08:23 PM.
    "I do look like the Arrow shirt man, I did lace up my skates professionally, and I did do a fabulous job finishing my muffin."

Quote Originally Posted by cranked View Post
    Anyway, it just pisses me off when the meat in the audience boos those guys...

As for the Griffin/Rampage fight...I think 48-46 was the right call...3 rounds to 2, with a 10-8 for Forrest in the 2nd...he absolutely dominated that round
    Yeah, WTF was up with the dyslexic crowd? Morons.. They booed Kostchek after a great fight that he clearly won, then they were chanting "forrest" one second and "rampage" the next, and then they booed Forrest as Joe "Dont even mention fear factor" Rogan was trying to interview him after the win.. Idiots

I definitely agreed with the decision during the main event, Forrest won that fight straight up, I had him winning by 2 also. Kudos to Rampage for being gracious in defeat, he knew he lost, and he took it like a man. Two great guys, great fight, awesome night. About the only suck part was the retard crowd. (I wouldnt boo any of those guys, EVER?!?)

UFC Fight Night!! FREE on spike tonight!

Middleweight champ (and "#1 pound for pound") Anderson Silva, after absolutely rampaging through the 185lb division (destroying guys like Dan Henderson and Rich Franklin) moves up to light heavy, for his first fight at 205, against James Irvin!

and its free!! cant wait...

I wonder if we've seen the end of Rampage after last weeks debauchery.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

The much bigger, or at least more important and more exciting, event tonight is Fedor Emelianenko versus Tim Sylvia.

EDIT: I kind of hope Fedor loses.

Weigh-in Results:

Fedor Emelianenko (230) vs. Tim Sylvia (263)

Andrei Arlovski (241) vs. Ben Rothwell (264)

Josh Barnett (256) vs. Pedro Rizzo (242)

Renato Sobral (201) vs. Mike Whitehead (206)

Matt Lindland (185) vs. Fabio Negao (185)

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (205) vs. Edwin Dewees (205)

Mike Pyle (171) vs. JJ Ambrose (171)

Justin Levens (189) vs. Ray Lazama (186)

Vitor Belfort (185) vs. Terry Martin (185.5)

Mark Hominick (144) vs. Savant Young (145)

Gary Goodridge vs. Paul Buentello

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    No chance - he's the biggest rock star in MMA, now.
    Last edited by Cliff Huckable; 07-19-2008 at 02:59 PM.
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

^^ dude. Youre talking about the Affliction/Banned event. This thread is about UFC. c'mon.

Just kidding. I'm actually torn between watching the free UFC event and the $40 pay-per-view Affliction one. (Although Jillians has it for a $3 cover...) Obviously the pay per view fight card is 20 times better, but I'm an Anderson Silva fan and a cheapskate to boot, so I'll probably watch the UFC.

If you get the Affliction show, could you update the fight results?

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    Could be.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma...?urn=mma,94745

Well, the Anderson Silva fight was nothing much, and the Fedor/Timmy fight was half as long (or less?) but much more exciting.
    Who can challenge Fedor? I like Randy, but...
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    58 sec? That was fast.

How was the Affliction card?
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

It was solid! Most of the vids are up on mmatko.com That site usually has the fights up quickly, and pancrase.org too...

Fedor and Anderson are bad asses. Great quick wins for both guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
    vids are up on mmatko.com... and pancrase.org
    thanks for those

fedor = bad ass

Fedor Emelianenko is an unstoppable animal. He has to be the best fighter in the world.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Here we go! UFC 87, "seek and destroy" I think theyre calling it....

Predictions: GSP defends his title over John Fitch via ref stoppage in the 4th.
    Brock Lesnar loses to Heath Herring via rear naked choke in the 2nd.
    Kenny Florian beats Roger Huerta via arm bar in the 2nd.

My trainer Kru Mark will be cornering Florian, repping Sityodtong Boston. I trained with Kenny about 3 weeks ago (or actually, he trained me) and when I asked him, he predicted a 2nd round win. I wouldnt be at all surprised if he ends it in the 1st, though, Kenny is looking that good. Jyea!

Manny Gamburian and Rob Emerson should entertaining. Manny is a tank. Reminds me of the Tazmanian Devil when he fights. Gamburian in the 1st.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

GSP for the win...but Fitch is dangerous. But I think GSP will be ready to go.
    Hoping Lesnar loses, but I think he's got a real chance if he's been workiing hard since his debut defeat.

Cool about your guy cornering for Florian. But I think Huerta will be a tornado.

Should be a good night.

going with GSP over Fitch by KO, and Huerta over Florian.

oh and hopefully Herring will murder Lesnar.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Great card. Some super fights so far.

Wow, Brock Lesnar can't finish a fight he's totally dominating AND then he ends it by pointing and laughing at Herring???
    What a fucknozzle. He's lost me as a fan.
    OOOOh, his interview with Rogan is on right now - "CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?!" What an asshole. And posing photo-shoot style, afterward? PLEASE.

And Rogan and Goldberg hyping this guy endlessly - that's really lame

EDIT: I guess Lesnar is trying to position himself as "the guy the fans hate". You can take the boy out of theatre sports, but you can't take the theatre sports out of the boy.

Last edited by Cliff Huckable; 08-09-2008 at 10:14 PM.