Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bootie Beers

bootie beers are the rule in Utah

http://www.eddyflower.com/Forum.aspx...stid=6130#6130
    Last edited by Snow Ranger; 07-18-2008 at 02:58 PM.
    "For in the end life and liberty can be as much endangered from illegal methods used to convict those thought to be criminals as from the actual criminals themselves".

Quote Originally Posted by Northway View Post
    Heh, late to the party, but whatever.

It is more of a tradition and even more, comaraderie with your crew.

Also, if you believe in such a thing, it's a way to right your river karma.

As far as being rewarded for a rescue, pulling my buddy and his gear to shore before going around the corner into the next drop is plenty reward.
    I'll second all of the above. I've never seen anyone forced to drink a bootie. Last time I ran the Lochsa some rafting swimmers we're the first ones digging through the car for beer, they promptly filled their booties. The whole crew was stoked, it wasn't a punishment.

And as far as Molson rules, while that sounds great, I agree seeing my buddies be able to paddle out, uninjured with all their gear is a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Do you even boat?
    Chase someone's boat down some class V sometime and then see if you don't think they need some public shaming.

def. 'Sanctimonious': (American Heritage Dictionary) Feigning piety or righteousness

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Sanctimonious much?
    Doh!

boating molson rules can cost the newbie alot of beer cuz up here newb will be forking out alot of money for every swim and every piece he didnt hang on to .Swimming and losing all yer gear will cost 20$ at the local pub vs watching him drink his own stinky macro brew AND yer seasoned boaters will keep an eye on the newb hoping to score a free beer ...I have even seen them arguing over who gets the rescue and the beer

SO molson rules encourage good boatingfor everyone ... newb should stay in his boat and hang on to his gear ,the rest of the team should help if need be

the down side ,between safety meetings ,rescue beers & cases of corona for fixing drytops and breathing all them toulene fumes life can get pretty hazy

I swam on Golden Canyon last week. And Ho is bleeding from the face. You know it was a damn good day...

The bootie beer is definitely enforced in both the Hood River and Payette whitewater zones. I know because I have tasted a mixture of my foot taint and PBR in both locations this year. The key is to remember that the bootie beer is not a punishment, but a powerful tool for reinforcing "lessons learned."

Here I am sipping the nectar of the gods alongside Drano Lake. When you're told to boof left, don't plug center.

On the Payettes, with the North Fork booming at 5,500 cfs and the South Fork somewhere in the 7,000's, this year's PBR Races saw some big swims. Here's a shot of myself, Melissa, and an unnamed pro badass getting our just deserts. I highly recommend checking that your skirt fits the boat you are demoing before putting on a 5-mile-long rapid, otherwise you're going to have a hard time surfing out of the Gang Banger with a boat full of water.

Last edited by slide_for_life; 07-11-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: content

Are you kidding?

I can't imagine anyone NOT drinking a bootie.

The bootie wipes your debts clean and it feels damn good. Everyone I know is stoked to drink a bootie. Beginners most certainly have to drink a bootie, they just only have to drink 1 bootie beer even if they swim 10 times. Other than that every swim a bootie.

One thing is for sure, you look like a total retard denying the bootie. You gotta take it down with class and spike the bootie at the end as hard as you can with mad style.

What happens if you wear Keen sandals?!?!? Drink out of the neoprene sock?

But the bootie beer is definitely an honorable tradition! Shit, I'll probably end up doing one tomorrow! hehehe

I've even drank a bootie for falling out of a raft in flatwater. Gotta make things right with the river gods.
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

Booty Vids

Not sure how to embed but here's some booty drinkin' Vids.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4aqRtcZhVM&feature=related"]YouTube - Mmmm...Beeer[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT6h9tpFRZg&feature=related"]YouTube - Stew Dog Booty Beer #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Li628QPqE&feature=related"]YouTube - Swim on number 6[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJDmcFKyPcg&feature=related"]YouTube - Papa Bar Don downs a Mickeys[/ame]

bootie beers in the rafting companies go like this in NM:

Newbies have a mandatory bootie beer as guide initiation

Otherwise you're buying beer for pretty much everything else...and if you don't buy beer then it's two bootie beers!

The other day this new girl flipped her raft and another guide had a 10 load in the next rapid. Sure enough, she went and bought beer that night but took it home with her only missing the 2 beers me and another guy managed to grab!! I couldn't believe that she didn't leave it for us to drink.

Next time, 5 bootie beers for her!!!!!! (When asked about it later she said, "YOu guys can all suck a dick! You got a beer and that's all you get!!" OK I'll remember that the next time your swimmer goes a'floatin by me!!