Thread: Kubota Tractors

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th

Kubota Tractors

A year or two back there was a discussion about tractors that I think KQ started. Some good info about tractors and currently I'm looking at a Kubota B2630. Anyone got any price range for them down in the states. I'm thinking the exclusive dealer here is keeping a pretty hefty margin at the $26k+ I was quoted. Always surprised at the knowledge pool of the Mags so throwing it out there.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Quote Originally Posted by L7 View Post
    A year or two back there was a discussion about tractors that I think KQ started. Some good info about tractors and currently I'm looking at a Kubota B2630. Anyone got any price range for them down in the states. I'm thinking the exclusive dealer here is keeping a pretty hefty margin at the $26k+ I was quoted. Always surprised at the knowledge pool of the Mags so throwing it out there.

I know absolutely nothing about heavy equipment, BUT.....I CAN get you a quote on a comparable John Deere. (If there IS anything comparable. I've got 2 Deere stores in my Dealership chain.)
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Quote Originally Posted by EPSkis View Post
    I know absolutely nothing about heavy equipment, BUT.....I CAN get you a quote on a comparable John Deere. (If there IS anything comparable. I've got 2 Deere stores in my Dealership chain.)
    Sure, I'm not at all against 'running like a deere' just all I've read is they're quite a bit spendier. The main criteria is light weight (Kubota is under 2000lbs) and a 6' cut with a mid mount mower. The rest is gravy. Right now we have a little riding mower that works way to hard for a lot of grounds and a 30+ year old 1050 tractor that doesn't owe anyone any favours and scares me and is too heavy to take on the septic fields. Both of them run like a deere. I'm looking to replace them both with something in between.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    My only experience with Kubota was working at the driving range in HS. That one had the exhaust in the front and I was breathing fumes the entire time. So at least make sure they have fixed that little quirk.

Kubota.com also has a build your own feature which could give you an idea of what you should be paying.

^^^^ I got a quote here from a sleazy sales guy and I built up and got a price on the US site. Now I'm trying to figure out what I have for leverage. It feels like buying a car and I'll have to play that stupid game.

You can always have a tractor shipped from the US. I would suspect there's no paperwork except PST and GST. Only registered vehicles (i.e. cars and trucks) have a complicated process. If you buy from a US dealer then check if they'll arrange shipping since they get better rates than the average joe.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

L7 - pm sent.
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    You can always have a tractor shipped from the US. I would suspect there's no paperwork except PST and GST. Only registered vehicles (i.e. cars and trucks) have a complicated process. If you buy from a US dealer then check if they'll arrange shipping since they get better rates than the average joe.
    Have you done this or know someone? Kubota dealers seem to defend territories and guys won't even sell into other parts of provinces apparently.

OTOH EPskis has come up with a very viable John Deere option. Don't know how the John Deere dealers treat it.

Have you done this or know someone? Kubota dealers seem to defend territories and guys won't even sell into other parts of provinces apparently.

OTOH EPskis has come up with a very viable John Deere option. Don't know how the John Deere dealers treat it.
    I know here in Subieland, we do pretty regular business sending cars to Nova Scotia, TO, etc...Don't think it'd be an issue for a tractor. Either way, hope you can use the info I gave you ~ if nothing else, give my guy a call & check with him directly, I'm sure he can answer any question you've got.

If'n you need anything else, lemme know.

No I haven't; it's just a general comment on import/export.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

We run like deeres now but the Kubota dealer is a hell of a lot closer (for service). The JD looks to be a better price though so I'll definitely be looking hard at that. Thanks for the help. It will be a long process so I may check back on the border thing.

I thought Massey Ferguson was popular north of the border. Is there a MF dealer near you?

If you are worried about weight/pressure you could get turf tires, of course they might suck for snow removal.

I believe Massey Ferguson is long dead (sad day for Woodstock Ont. I think). Looking at keeping it under 2000lbs AND running turf tires. No need for snow removal to speak of.

if you want to "run like a deere" I would do a lot of research before considering a JD tractor in that size. They are an entirely different product from the larger tractors and that green paint's expensive. I think I would sooner buy a Mahindra. Don't think you can go wrong with the Kubota though.
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend

Not sure about tractors, but a buddy of mine who bought his sled in the US can have trouble getting warranty work done because he didn't buy it in Canada.

My father has had a Kubota for years. It is very dependable. He choose the Kubota over the Deere which has a dealership the is much closer to him. There were a number of features he preferred, including a single pedal for the forward/reverse function, etc. Before the Kubota he had a couple of Ford Jubilees, I believe.