Advise on a Paddle

I am looking for a Paddle, I come to you all for advise, who else to go to but avid users. I have a Cheap bottom of the barrel paddle that i picked up from the local Gander MTN. I Paid about $30 bucks for it. Its nothing great but it works. I used a friends Cadence; I am thinking it was a carbon and 240cm; for about 5 min and it was night and day from mine. After using his I was sold on getting a new/used but better paddel.

I am a recreational kayaker, 6' tall and weight 300lbs. I work out quite a bit so I will need one thats pretty strong. I am looking for a paddle that would be nice for a couple hours on the water, maybe even a camping trip on the river. I live in Wisconsin, so its mostly lakes, and slow to walking pace for a current. I also like candle lit dinner and walks on the beach.

any info is good info. - thanks -ahrenv

With your size I'd get a wood paddle. It'll be heavier than the carbon but with more flex (good for the joints), stronger, maybe cheaper and a hell of a lot more stylish.

sounds like you are talking about flat water paddling ?

werner & aquabound make paddles from 100 to 600 $ depending on how much you wana spend

All fibreglass is a pretty nice compromise in weight & strength for either WW or flatwater