Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Big Balls Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    The man made snow more than makes up for that low average. If you don't like man-made, I wouldn't visit. Really, because there's nothing to really hike around there so bring your skinnies.
    Umm there isn't. I've seen pictures of Sun Valley in Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar and what I'm always amazed at is how completely bare the surrounding mountains are. It's like you have this one big mound of man made snow surrounded by a sea of bare hills. I can't imagine why anyone put a resort there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Balls View Post
    Umm there isn't. I've seen pictures of Sun Valley in Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar and what I'm always amazed at is how completely bare the surrounding mountains are. It's like you have this one big mound of man made snow surrounded by a sea of bare hills. I can't imagine why anyone put a resort there.
    Fuck, you figured it out. Better not ever go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Balls View Post
    Yep, nothing to see/ski here.

And sfotex is right. There are some high zootin' assholes up there but your friend is a crazy bitch if she can't make friends after sifting through the tools. Should take about 3 minutes to figure that out.

She sounds like the kind of gal who can't keep a boyfriend because all men are jerks.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 06-10-2008 at 08:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

The few times I've spent in SV have been good. Most skiers I met seemed chill and unpretentious. Overall the skiing community seemed older, chill, and happy skiing mediocre uncrowded inbounds terrain and killer backcountry. They seemed like established and dedicated skiers who weren't concerned with climbing the ladder of radness to uber-core spots like Jackson, Whistler, or Alta/Bird. Just my $0.02.

Sun Valley Loves You

loJack Guest
    Where are all the brown hills that cum gargling troll Wet Balls was talking about.

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    For all the ignorant haters (dropcliffs, Small balls etc)

1. eat a dick
    2. check out these photos of our flat, snowless terrain
    3. Bring it up here and we will ski circles around you
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Thumbs down

Dude,

Your signature says you support the Republicans, and you are complaining about rich people being stuck up ?

Get a clue !
    Dumbest comment ever, especially coming from the side of elitist pricks...

and im sure that even Angel Fire has shit like these pics above.

Yes, my cousins live there and I've spent a lot of time out there and the people suck. Basically everything around Baldy sucks, the mountain isn't good enough to have its own resort, the people are too snobby, but the lodges and food are sick and so is the backcountry skiing, fly fishing, mtb, and more but the people are a big downside. Except for Adam West, he's really nice and funny
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

loJack Guest
    Wes Mantooth is a known deuche and hats off to the citizens of Ketchum from treating him like one.

Mandouche you ski 170s and get away with skiing on a child's pass. Obviously you are a midget--no wonder you're always a cunt and a useless fucktard around here.

My apologies to any small people I may have offended.

I know Democrats are so ELITIST! anyone that wants to help the poor and fund education is ELITIST. You're all ELITISTS! people are fucking dumb!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Yes, my cousins live there and I've spent a lot of time out there and the people suck. Basically everything around Baldy sucks, the mountain isn't good enough to have its own resort, the people are too snobby, but the lodges and food are sick and so is the backcountry skiing, fly fishing, mtb, and more but the people are a big downside. Except for Adam West, he's really nice and funny
    basically you suck wes mantooh

Hey TahoeG, is that a signature or a BLOG..?

Quote Originally Posted by 5B View Post
    Mandouche you ski 170s and get away with skiing on a child's pass. Obviously you are a midget--no wonder you're always a cunt and a useless fucktard around here.

My apologies to any small people I may have offended.
    Fucking HIlarious !!!!

zo Guest
    I really enjoyed the three and a half years I lived there. Met some good friends and was a much better skier when I moved to Utah because of it.

If you can't appreciate the skiing in SV when it's good, you don't know what you're doing...
    Last edited by zo; 06-11-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Can it be possible that anyone that has anything to shitty to say about Sun Valley is just really bummed out cause they breezed through town and got fucked on a parking space, didn't get a scooner, failed to to relax and enjoy dirty little roddy's, only saw one russian figure skater in their kit, and was the only person to end up at the BV for a vacation rental?

The reason for the snobbery is people from these once small towns like Ketchum are sick of the teeming hordes of suburban douche-bags moving there so they can 'live the dream!' Come visit leave.

Hey, let's put this all into perspective. Sun Valley/ Ketchum is still a WAY better place to be than say Detroit or El Paso. We are splitting hairs here folks....
    Where is the best place to be? Right where you are!!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Kimball Junction The Dark Side Of The Wasatch
    Talk shit on detroit get your fronts punched out kidd!

Kimball Junction The Dark Side Of The Wasatch
    You hit it on pt w/what u got where u at its all good w the right conditions

Ketchum/Sun Valley Synopsis

Okay. Yeah. Sun Valley changed my life and I give it and the people there full credit. Moved to Sun Valley in beginning of UCLA jr. year...blown out knee. totalled car. A pair of skiis, an american express card and $200.00, knowing not a single soul except the memory of hot (super Hot) skier girl I met in High School one summer.....Jennifer was a complete goddess with sculpted amazonian legs and a sexy smile....I can't thank her enough for praising sun valley .

No money to ski initially....I learned to hike up catracks and pop onto the upper lifts for free. Yeah, it was worth every 2.5 hour hike through sometimes hip deep snow. Think I got fit...think i got strong...hell yeah. Made and slept in snow caves, worked different jobs, gettin stronger. Met lots of good people (some super rich, some working just like me), great girlfriends and families. YEs...they have a 'tude...but it takes balls to move there and live there....the rewards are worth it. 1st summer...mtn biking up and down 10K vertical feet per night. Hiking, rock climbing, kayaking. Learning the secrets of eating well from 60 years olds fitter than my 22 year old butt......

Next year, made ski school first on skiis. Made 1st 6 snowboard instructors, I was lucky cause I was honestly the worst of the bunch...but then I got good. Did Corbett's at Jackson, with ease on my board. Did everything else available around there. Sun Valley's Mountain sucks? WTF? there are no flats spots on ol Baldy. Wonder why so many olympians grow up there...hmmm. Yeah it doesn't snow like it does down at snowbird, but sun valley doesn't have 14 ft boulders in the way...smooth surfaces take less snow. You want to talk about flat...drive over to Grand Targee......no place for boarders. I lived in Sun Valley two winter seasons, became a snowboarder, rebuilt my injured body (prior to SV 6 operations on my rt knee including 2 ACL reconstructions), then went on to play college tennis with scholarship. Thank you ketchum/SV.

I met all the movie stars and wealthy people of the day. One of my roommates was arguably one of the best Kayakers in the world, and all roommies were motivated, excited, intelligenct and we all realized how great and lucky our fortune was to have ended up in ketchum...living the dream. Sure, money seems to bring snobbery, but along with that came respect of our abilities. They couldn't pay money to do what that mountain, those locals, and that terrain can unlock within those who are ready, and they showed a nice respect and admiration for that. It was a VIBRANT place to live. Just typing this I get a hungry in my throat to go back...well..maybe you can't go back in time.. This post is for those who maybe never experienced this...or maybe did and would like to relive it.

So yeah, if you said Sun Valley has some snobs I won't argue. But see it for what it is....just people with money some not getting it, but some understanding that it is a very special place made more special if you "get" the active lifestyle and challenges that it poses, and the subsequent growth you will have when you accept those challenges.

So eventually I end up settling in southern california in a little red town at the base of the San Bernardinos. We are 45 min from Snow summit, friend convinces me to get a pass, and i dust off my old Mistral assymmetric 167 and proceed, in my 40s, to roast and leave in the dust some of the best riders at summit (no tricks, just speed and carving). Wooden core, mounting plates, and one of the heaviest boards in the world. Again, thank you Sun Valley.

Back to the snobbery comment, most of the real snobs just didn't get the real lifestyle: the rugged, balls out, challenge that those mountains provide you. Not a hater here at all. I could write for days on my experiences there, but suffice to say ketchum/sv rates an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10.

No regrets!

No triple black diamonds. Thus, me no ski there. Simple stuff, really.

Can we get a CliffsNotes version on that Will?
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.