Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру

A big "Hell Yeah" for EMS

I got a ski pack from Eastern Mountain Sports a year or two ago, and one of the first times I used it, I closed the truck door on one of the quick release buckles. It sill kinda worked, and I didn't use it much last year, so I never got around to calling them about getting another one. This spring once I needed to put the skis on the pack the broken buckle became an issue, so I finally gave them a call.

I chose a strange time of the night to call, just because that was when it popped into my head to do it, and talked to a guy who was not just polite, but seemed really cool. He asked me about the pack, and quickly zeroed in on the buckle I needed. Then told me to call back in the morning and ask for another guy who would know just where to look (the pack in question was discontinued).

I called back the next day, reached the person I'd be referred to, and he had me email a picture of the broken buckle to them, and told me they'd send it off to me, free of charge. The second guy, like the first seemed quite pleased to be helping out, not just polite and professional, but genuinely happy.

I got the buckle today, my pack is fixed, and I thought I'd pass on my recommendation to the maggots, EMS customer service is awesome, and I like my pack very much.

Good on them. Although the thread title got me scared thinking you needed an ambulance ride or something.

Tech talk Jongs.

Ive had nothing but good experiences with EMS. Same with backcountry.com. They seems to go out of their way to help you.
    Im a lifetime customer to both

as for gnarbuckle:
    o boy
    this is going to get messy
    Live

Just chiming in to say that I couldn't agree more. EMS Rocks. About 85% of my soft gear comes from them as well as most of my casual clothing.
    Fresh Tracks are the ultimate graffitti.
    Schmear

Set forth the pattern to succeed.
    Sam Kavanagh

Friends of Tuckerman Ravine

Same, most of my layers are ems and I've been using a pack of theirs for a couple years and it's still 100%
    The people in their stores tend to be knowledgable and friendly, it's too bad that's the exception these days but EMS rocks.

EMS is the best, I've never had a bad experience there
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Always good experiences at EMS. Pleasent people who want to try to make whatever the problem is right.

I thought this thread was going to be about FreakOfSnow...who had a birthday yesterday.

bumpin' because I couldn't agree more. Not only is their gear good, but their guides have been strong too!!!
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Agreed. Too bad they put the Eastern back in EMS and closed all their stores west of the Mississippi.

All of our customer service guys/ gals know their shit. Most of them are from our trek and climbing schools, and this is how they fill their hours not guiding.
    No cubicles for our CS people. It's a fun company to work for.

EMS, while diluted here in the philly area by lots of non-techy crap, still has great finds in their stores.
    Their stuff has always treated me well. Espically their hiking boots. I wore my last pair for eight years and took them everywhere. They were spectacular.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Agreed. Too bad they put the Eastern back in EMS and closed all their stores west of the Mississippi.

Yeah, so stupid. I like EMS alot more than REI.

ditto...EMS has always provided great customer service in my experience.

eddie bauer's good too.
    i received a messenger bag as a gift back in the late 80s...after several years of daily abuse i brought it back to a store for full replacement w/o receipt...that second bag was finally done, so i stopped into another bauer location last week and swapped it for a brand new one...20 years after i got the original bag.
    lifetime product guarantees are great.
    if only that was industry standard...
    Last edited by buckethead; 06-06-2008 at 11:15 AM.