Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Regardless of grammar, reputations, and first descent or not; that is a burly line and deserves both a and a

Very ballsy line and way to get it done safe.

Nice, thanks for all the good responses.
    Also thanks to Ireallyliketoski for the history (how do you know this BTW?). Its funny cause I didn't really believe it myself, but I had no better way to find out. I tried contacting dawson but his e-mail browser must have filtered me out as I never got any response.

Sorry if I came across as egotistical, I really try hard to not give in to the ego. This time was hard because it's such a gem and right up the road from my house. Plus my dream is to have some sort of recognition for being the first at something on evans, I guess I probly have better luck at sending a FA of some obscure rock wall up there.

It's funny how the communitys of here and say mountainproject.com differ.
    There people help you find routes and know what route is what and who did it first, what to expect etc.

Here I find it's hard to find information, it's guarded alot of times. I know of alot of lines around evans at this point in time but have know way of knowing what they are, what to expect or if they have been skiied and by who and how often. of course I know of the ones that are documented but that's not alot of them plus info is sparce anyway and your lucky to just get a name alot of times let alone the FD info. I guess I really need a friend like dawson. Why are people so secretive about this stuff are they that selfish?

On that note, as far as I could tell (didn't stop to pull out the incline-0-meter)
    That sucker is probly around 55 *, maybe steeper up top. Also one does not need to slog and death march out the bottom to echo lake you can simply climb back up to summit lake via a few options which are fairly obvious. I must admit that was alot nicer this year then going to F'in echo lake!

On another note:
    MY IQ....
    I don't see how that has any place here. Most of the time when I'm posting shit up here I'm a few beers and bowls in so that should explain some of it. I never use spell checker so that's a big part too, didn't even realize there was one on here till right now actually. IMHO technical knowledge and know how beats out IQ for the shit I like to do anyway.

It's funny actually because tests like that and the act, and sat are desined to get a bell curve representation of the masses. Which means it really doesn't mean shit.

^^ don't stress dude, rock solid effort!!

Hey everyone, just found out a bit of really shitty news.....
    Apparently the upper chicago lakes basin is affected by a wildlife closure from may 1st - june 30th as of this year for goat and sheep offspring.

So basically what that means is if anyone ever wants to ski goldfinger or badfinger (or a bunch of other possible lines aswell) in decent condition; the only legit way as of now is to hike in, in the winter or late spring before may 1st.

NOTE* I saw no signage so as of yet there is no formal documentation except this.... from mountainproject.com (scroll down mid way and you will see it)

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/col...vans/105745699

There is obviously no notation of who's enforcing or who really organized the effort but I would guess it's the forest service. It's funny cause the only time I saw a sheep or goat was next to or on the road.

Cool, I'd love to do some of this knarly stuff too. What's the secret to hitting super steep east facing stuff? Is it in your stragedy all in the timing here:

Quote Originally Posted by forum8fox View Post
    it was about 1:30 and pretty warm
    Hit it when its sloppy deep and sheering off and down runnels, over cliffs, and stuff?

I'll bet if we could know it Lou Dawson and shit hit shit late in the day and shit to hit the shit, you know?

Badass! Talk about a WROD!

Nice work man!

Runnel's can be fucking nasty
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Bump. Haven't heard from forum8fox in a while, is he still up to his usual antics?

Cool photo? I think....yes.

Good read.Kept me wanting more and wondering what it would be like trying to jump that runnel every turn

I heard he was killed by rockfall in hogan bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    "I thought he was gonna die," followed by "he unfortunately didn't get any shots of my shredding," is just one of the many things that makes you sound like a dumbass.

Stout line for sure, but maybe you should save this TR, take a year to think about how you want to claim it, and rewrite it. I bet you'd sound like way less of a douche.
    Go stick something up your ass you fucking self righteous arrogant dickbag. Fuck, you really, really suck. I don't give a fuck how good you ski, you're a piece of shit.

Nice fucking TR, you kick ass. Keep it up.

Wow: nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by forum8fox View Post
    I really try hard to not give in to the ego.

my dream is to have some sort of recognition for being the first at something on evans,

Why are people so secretive about this stuff are they that selfish?

This was really sketch though as the cornice showed some minor cracks and it was about 1:30 and pretty warm.

IMHO technical knowledge and know how beats out IQ for the shit I like to do anyway.
    Your posts contain the answers to your questions.

Well just to let you all know I'm still around if anyone really gives a flyin F'. Sorry I'm just not into high school click type bullshit like goes around here all the time. It wasn't nearly as good of a year for me this year when compared to the year prior, but I still had some great days. I mostly stopped posting, as I was sick of the nit picking and bullying that goes on here. Let the assholes have it I guess. No skin off my back, not like I'm the one losing information.

It's funny, I bet you will not see a repeat TR of this line for a while (or even pacific peak for that matter), because the majority of you will never have the balls to step to such lines. Yet you feel you are knowledgeable and skilled enough to give me advice...
    CLASSIC!

I still stop back from time to time as I know there are a few folks on here that are really worth a shit and they post up the sickness instead of just constantly running their mouths.

When I'm feeling generous I will share my finds but if this bullshit continues you can count on not seeing me for very long periods (which I'm pretty sure is what's wanted anyway, get rid of the rowdy snowboarder punk).

Oh and BTW I'm pretty sure now that this line isn't the bad finger and I have no idea what it's called.
    It's still waiting for a second documented descent as far as I know.

THANKS TO ANYONE WHO GAVE A POSITIVE RESPONSE, I REALLY AM GREATFUL.

Dude please keep posting. Your TRs rock and are fun to read. You seem to have a similar motto to my crew's. "Whats the difference between stickin it and barely makin it? NOTHING." Fuck all the haters. Buncha bitches jealous bout that bullllllllshit. Drop hot shit and not give a fuck. 100
    REP YO CITY!!!!

"When I'm feeling generous I will share my finds but if this bullshit continues you can count on not seeing me for very long periods (which I'm pretty sure is what's wanted anyway, get rid of the rowdy snowboarder punk)."

I felt the need to register because of this pathetic suicide note. In all of your trip reports you get alot of positive comments, but once you get a shitty one, you freak out. I feel bad for you for some reason. Keep posting reports and if someone's a dick, fuck em. Don't cry about. Just man up. There's like a twenty page thread on here about how retarded I am and I could give a shit less. Just don't worry about it. It's the internet man.